Ezra Miller is somehow The Flash in the DCEU

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
But I’ve never seen a movie that cost this much look so damn “cheap”. Seriously, that initial rescue sequence was UNFATHOMABLY awful in terms of its effects, and the “chrono-bowl”, while a novel concept, keeps the uncanny valley well in play.

Going back to the budget, it is weird to think that this is a film that is both TOO expensive..yet clearly didn’t have enough budget for its ambitions.

EDIT: Weird, my response got eaten up.

My question was, what is the production studio's prior record? Is this a DC thing or is this a thing in other movies?

Last edited:

Echowarrior

Citizen
I don't know what hurt this movie more - the constant editorial changes, Ezra Miller's behavior, or the fact that DC's movies are getting rebooted.

Seriously, from what I've heard, the original ending would've been much better.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
I didn't plan on seeing it in theaters and will only buy it on streaming at significant discount. This is for a couple of reasons. 1: I absolutely hate the Flashpoint story. To me it is genuinely the worst Flash story made and the fact that it's a tentpole of DC now infuriates me in a way I cannot express. 2; Ezra Miller's behavior is inexcusable and they need to be held accountable. I will not support their projects or endeavors they play a major role in much in the same way I won't see or support any Tom Cruise movie.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
After 4 weekends, The Flash has dropped out of the top 10. It is also playing down to 1700 locations (a loss of nearly 1000 locations from the weekend prior), and returns dropped nearly 60% from the weekend prior.

My suspicion is that, had this not been a major superhero tentpole from Warner, a LOT more theatres would have dumped the film by this point.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Still a shame though. It really is a ton of fun to watch.

Btw, I followed Mark Waid's Wally West Flash run but I only read parts of Geoff John's run.

When did Barry Allen come back again? And when was it introduced that Zoom killed Flash's mom? I'm pretty sure Geoff Johns did it but I know Mark Waid didn't create that backstory.

(It was Zoom who killed Barry's mom, right? It'd be too Peter Parker uncle Ben if it was a random thief)

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
ROTB started in 3,678 theaters and is down to 2,475, in 5 weekends.

The Flash started in 4,234 theaters and is down to 1,723, in 4 weekends.

The Flash's drop is truly catastrophic

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
When did Barry Allen come back again? And when was it introduced that Zoom killed Flash's mom? I'm pretty sure Geoff Johns did it but I know Mark Waid didn't create that backstory.
Barry came back in Final Crisis. The mother retcon happened in Flash Rebirth. I'd probably recommend both of them.

Even though, I DO hate the whole "Oh no, you can't go back to the past and undo the changes a supervillain made to the timestream. You have to look towards the FUTURE!" thing. I guess that means the JSA can't come back from the dead now that Per Degaton's killed them in the past. No no, that would be wrong, you have to keep moving forward. *SIGH* I swear, for a while there, DC wanted EVERY superhero to be orphans like Batman.

Last edited:

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
Both happened in Flash Rebirth. I'd probably recommend it.

Even though, I DO hate the whole "Oh no, you can't go back to the past and undo the changes a supervillain made to the timestream. You have to look towards the FUTURE!" thing. I guess that means the JSA can't come back from the dead now that Per Degaton's killed them in the past. No no, that would be wrong, you have to keep moving forward. *SIGH* I swear, for a while there, DC wanted EVERY superhero to be orphans like Batman.
I do believe that, at least under Zack Snyder, DC did want all of their heroes to be tragic figures, all tainted by loss. That's the only explanation I can come up with for the choices made in Man of Steel.
I also think that's the biggest failing of DC's movie universe and why movies like Aquaman and Shazam did so well. They were a welcome break from all the bleak. DC seemed to work very hard at stripping the fun out of their superheroes. That works for Batman, but it just doesn't translate to others. I'm hopeful James Gunn understands this and works to fix things.

Shadewing

Citizen
Yeah gonna disagree with you on the Batman thing. It worked for Batman once, when he wasn't in a universe where people can fly or run beyond the speed of light. It doesn't work when he's in that universe.

Ironbite-and in fact, gets really hugging boring.

Thats part of what I like about 'The Batman' as it involves him learning that he CAN'T be that way and really be the hero wants to be. Nolanverse made a wet fart attempt at addressing this in the second movie, but he never really seemed to learn that his actions are gonna inspire others for good or bad.

Dessl0ck

Citizen
I feel the most important thing with Batman is that his tragic angst is balanced with moments of triumph.
I'm gonna go with the most important thing about Batman is the lives of those around him he's changed (Dick, Jason, Tim, Babs, ect) and how his existence has effected them. He is a mentor, farther figure, trainer, and (most importantly) a cautionary tale. Batman/Joker are never going to change and will always be the same flavor but with different packaging, and I am a HUGE Batman fan. But use him as a backdrop in this new DCU, Hell, same with all of the Trinity, and concentrate on everyone in their orbit and how they relate to, and with them.

Shadewing

Citizen
He is a mentor, farther figure, trainer, and (most importantly) a cautionary tale. Batman/Joker are never going to change and will always be the same flavor but with different packaging,

This is part of why he needs his family; Batman on his own tends to get lose sight of things in his quest for vengeance, for keeping people safe. He kinda hyper fixates on the biggest problem at times. He needs Robin or someone to help keep him from getting too focused, and keep an eye on the bigger picture.

MrBlud

Citizen
Having a family also informs the kind of world he wants *them* to live in.

As Kingdom Come so eloquently stated “More than anyone in the world, when you scratch everything else away from Batman, you're left with someone who doesn't want to see anyone die.”

That unfortunately can be taken to an extreme as Justice Lord Batman did so you end up with

Batman: “They’d love it here, don’t you think?”

Justice Lord Batman: “Who?”

Batman: “Mom and dad. They’d be so proud of you.”

Dessl0ck

Citizen
Having a family also informs the kind of world he wants *them* to live in.

As Kingdom Come so eloquently stated “More than anyone in the world, when you scratch everything else away from Batman, you're left with someone who doesn't want to see anyone die.”

That unfortunately can be taken to an extreme as Justice Lord Batman did so you end up with
Wasn't JL Batman Tim, though, or am I crossing my alternate timelines?

Ironbite4

Citizen
This is part of why he needs his family; Batman on his own tends to get lose sight of things in his quest for vengeance, for keeping people safe. He kinda hyper fixates on the biggest problem at times. He needs Robin or someone to help keep him from getting too focused, and keep an eye on the bigger picture.
Webtoons has a great take on this concept.

Ironbite-highly recommended

Shadewing

Citizen
Webtoons has a great take on this concept.

Ironbite-highly recommended

Yep, I've been reading it since near the start of its run. :) Its a very fun mostly Slice of Life take on the Bat Family.

Top Bottom