Ezra Miller is somehow The Flash in the DCEU

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
Flash is up on streaming, at a premium $25 price point. I'll wait for a sale.

Blue Beetle still looks good, but it also looks like they're branding it as the first of the new universe.
Shame about Aquaman 2. he was one of the bright spots of the disaster that was the DC movie universe.

Shadewing

Citizen
Shame about Aquaman 2. he was one of the bright spots of the disaster that was the DC movie universe.

That seems par the course. Wonder Woman, Shazam, and Aquaman are considered the best of that universe, and WW88 was terrible, seems no one like Fury of the Gods either, so might as well continue the terrible sequel trilogy.

TM2-Megatron

Citizen
Fury of the Gods wasn't a terrible film, though. It deserved better; but unfortunately its own continuity was collapsing around it at the time of its release.

Still hope they decide to keep the actors for Aquaman, Wonder Woman and Shazam... I mean, they have their hands full just rebooting Batman and Superman with new actors.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I'm fine if they replace Zachery Levi. Or at least a better writer who understood that Captain shouldn't be acting like a ten year old. I'm assuming Levi was putting that immature energy in his depiction. Asher Billy had a better handle on the personality.

Anyhow, hope Flash could be better appreciated now that it's readily viewable, Ezra shenanigans aside.

TM2-Megatron

Citizen
I'm fine if they replace Zachery Levi. Or at least a better writer who understood that Captain shouldn't be acting like a ten year old. I'm assuming Levi was putting that immature energy in his depiction. Asher Billy had a better handle on the personality.

Anyhow, hope Flash could be better appreciated now that it's readily viewable, Ezra shenanigans aside.

Pretty sure that was part of the charm of the original film. The silliness was a lot of the appeal; and it was only going to get sillier if they followed through the Mr Mind as the villain in part 3 once he finished whatever he was crawling around doing.

If Shazam is all serious business all the time, how is it any different than just a magic version of Superman?

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Mr Mind's plan was shown in the comics, if they're following Geoff Johns' story arc.

I collected the Ordway Power of Shazam so the Billy Captain personality I enjoyed was a responsible kid trying to hide his homelessness from his school and work and juggling maintaining his mature superhero persona. Like, he's at a loss sometimes in superhero mode cuz he's pretending to have everything under control but he's practically panicking inside.

Buuuuuut I love the Shazam family with his foster brothers and sisters. They could have foisted the immature, irresponsible, silly but fun superhero persona to Freddie or Darla and still have Billy be freaking out.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
2:12 - Oh my god, he just created Knuckles!

Also, proposal for a thread title change: "Ezra Miller is a Flash in the pan".

Or something like that.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So I watched this last night on Max, for free, and I got my money's worth.

1. Michael Keaton is amazing in this. and I loved his return to the role.
2. Kara Zor El was great and deserved more screen time.
3. Loved the explanation on how the timeline change worked.
4. The Lasso of Truth was great and loved seeing most of the JLU one last time. Affleck really isn't appreciated enough for his turn in the Cowl.
5. Clooney at the end was epic!
6. I loved seeing Reeves and Supergirl, but the cameo of Death of Superman Nick Cage fighting the giant spider must have made Kevin Smith go nuts.
7. I really didn't care much for either Barry in this film, and I can't see how with infinite tries they couldn't kill Zod.

TM2-Megatron

Citizen
So I watched this last night on Max, for free, and I got my money's worth.

1. Michael Keaton is amazing in this. and I loved his return to the role.
2. Kara Zor El was great and deserved more screen time.
3. Loved the explanation on how the timeline change worked.
4. The Lasso of Truth was great and loved seeing most of the JLU one last time. Affleck really isn't appreciated enough for his turn in the Cowl.
5. Clooney at the end was epic!
6. I loved seeing Reeves and Supergirl, but the cameo of Death of Superman Nick Cage fighting the giant spider must have made Kevin Smith go nuts.
7. I really didn't care much for either Barry in this film, and I can't see how with infinite tries they couldn't kill Zod.

Agreed on pretty much everything. Ironically, the titular character wasn't that compelling, but a heck of a lot of the surrounding characters and scenery were great to see.

I'd love to see Keaton come back for a new Batman film, or as older Bruce in a Batman Beyond adaptation.

Shadewing

Citizen
Agreed on pretty much everything. Ironically, the titular character wasn't that compelling, but a heck of a lot of the surrounding characters and scenery were great to see.

I'd love to see Keaton come back for a new Batman film, or as older Bruce in a Batman Beyond adaptation.

Well the latter was actually planned, but then the merger happened...

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
As others have, I watched this on Max.
. . . . I see why this flopped. It tries so hard to be funny and hip, but the jokes fall flat, the plot is dependent on Ezra Miller's charisma, which falls far short of where it needs to be, and the whole thing just feels like a mess with really bad CG mixed in.

This wasn't a good movie. It just wasn't. I loved seeing Keaton's Batman again, but that was about all that was good. The CG cameos were poorly done, especially for the budget. Ezra is just unlikeable. As a person, as a character. Their versions of Barry are not endearing, fun, or entertaining. They're a drag in different ways.
It's just not good. A fitting end to Zack Snyder's mess.

Deathy G1

Citizen
Just saw it on Max as well. As others have said, the only redeeming performances were the two Batmen.

DC may have invented the comic multiverse, but Marvel has shown that it can translate it to film much better.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So I searched it out, and found Kevin Smith's reaction to the Nic Cage cameo. They let him know ahead of time, while he was in the hospital with his mom. He claims that news made her start to feel better.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
The movie might not have amounted to much, but the best part of this film for me?

All the 89-Batman stuff companies have used this film to leverage. Toys, merchandise....I've seen more Batman stuff from this film than Flash. The other day? I found a Lego "Impulse bag" for Batman Returns for $5 (and the Lego Batman character build is also based on Returns). The baggie has a full BR mini figure with perch.

Echowarrior

Citizen
The movie might not have amounted to much, but the best part of this film for me?

All the 89-Batman stuff companies have used this film to leverage. Toys, merchandise....I've seen more Batman stuff from this film than Flash. The other day? I found a Lego "Impulse bag" for Batman Returns for $5 (and the Lego Batman character build is also based on Returns). The baggie has a full BR mini figure with perch.

Nostalgia certainly doesn't hurt, but I think the consensus is that Keaton was the best part of this movie.

Top Bottom