Earthrise Optimus Prime to Be Reissued!

Shadhausen

Citizen
*yawn*

Is there REALLY anybody who wants this that doesn't already have it? They hung around almost as long as Injector!

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Well, it has been a bit pricy on eBay. $70 loose, $90 complete, $100+ new.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yeah. Even with a package refresh at the top of Kingdom -- which is what, 2-3 years old now -- this quickly faded over here. Its first release was right before the pandemic hit, and hasn't been redone since Kingdom. Specialty stores here brought in the Walmart release, but the numbers on that were low.

Kind of surprised there was never a 1:1 KO of it.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I was hoping they'd reissue Galaxy Force Prime as I missed out on him. Luckily I have the Nova Prime version, but still would be nice to have.

Magnusblitz

Citizen
*yawn*

Is there REALLY anybody who wants this that doesn't already have it? They hung around almost as long as Injector!

(raises hand)

Didn't get it when it came out (plenty of Optimuses over the years) but by the time I had seen enough reviews talking it up enough to get me interested, it had already ballooned in price.

The Phazer

Citizen
Earthrise Prime is fair enough, but of all the Studio Series toys to reissue WFC Prime seems a weird pick.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
On the one hand, I only saw ER Prime maybe twice in stores, and he never went to clearance like I had hoped for.
On the other hand, the Core-class Prime with trailer release decently scratched my trailer itch, so I don't need ER Prime.
On the third hand, I probably wouldn't have bought it anyway, unless it went on clearance.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I had the 'dead' one from the mold, my nephew loves it, I am considering the 'alive' version simply so they match.

Shadewing

Citizen
I thought we knew for awhile they were gonna re-release him for the 40th, to have a mainline G1 Optimus at regular retail; since Commander Class stuff rarely see stores shelves.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I thought we knew for awhile they were gonna re-release him for the 40th, to have a mainline G1 Optimus at regular retail; since Commander Class stuff rarely see stores shelves.

I was going to say…

Last grasp for money from this I guess.
It would also allow people an option for a G1 Optimus Prime combo that doesn't cost almost $100 (and isn't out of scale with a majority of mainline releases)

Badgertron

Citizen
TBF the SS86 Optimus might have wonky animated proportions and white instead of silver. It might not even have the trailer drone or Roller (though I'm not too worried about that since it's a Commander).

Magnusblitz

Citizen
Hopefully the SS86 one gets revealed before the pre-orders on this one come in (estimated September) so I can still cancel it if SS86 looks awesome.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I don't mind it. It's a logical reissue for character and availability purposes, it's one more as-yet unopposed opportunity to milk the mold (like the Platinum box sets or Movie The Best), and it's a less costly alternative to the eventual Commander class figure. Those who need it can now have it, those who don't (or are committing to the Commander class figure) are under no obligation to buy it.

It does make sense to wait for more info on the SS86 one, if one is considering that at all, before biting on this.

Top Bottom