Earthrise Optimus Prime to Be Reissued!

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
This is definitely cool for people that missed him the first go-'round. But I feel like his release and the recent Decepticon Dramatic Capture stuff is kind of a last ditch effort to clear things out before the new versions are unveiled.

I've enjoyed ER Prime these last few years, but remain eager and interested to see what the SS86 version will be like.

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
ER Optimus is a really good toy. Good enough that I'm not at all taking it for granted that SS86 will be any better. I'm sure it will have a bigger trailer if that's something you care about. But for the figure itself, if ER Op didn't have those extra bits on the legs from the carryover Siege tooling, I'd call him damn near perfect. I could easily see SS86 Optimus doing something like the third MP Optimus and being overly complicated rather than a real improvement.

I'll certainly take a good look at SS86 to decide if he's worth getting, but it'll have to be pretty special for me to bite.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
honestly i just got the netflix version that lacked the trailer but came with two battlemasters because tbh i don't care about the OG g1 prime's trailer because it's functionally just a box that just opens up and that's really it

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
honestly i just got the netflix version that lacked the trailer but came with two battlemasters because tbh i don't care about the OG g1 prime's trailer because it's functionally just a box that just opens up and that's really it

It has a repair bay and roller, and to us G1 kids, it is a faithful update to the original.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Also if they can properly size it, being able to put other autobots in there is really cool. Same reason the Soundwave toy was awesome, really.

Magnusblitz

Citizen

I'm with you, really wish I had gotten the Netflix 3-pack as I'd rather have the battlemasters than the trailer. Honestly already second-guessing my preorder

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I skipped the Earthrise and Kingdom runs after Hasbro’s lying stock photos. I ended up being perfectly happy with the Netflix 3 pack with the wonderful translucent gold Battlemasters.
My initial plan was to use the Nemesis Prime Spoiler pack trailer with Reprolabels for a G2 trailer, but I’ve yet to get around to doing so.

MrBlud

Citizen
ER Optimus is a really good toy. Good enough that I'm not at all taking it for granted that SS86 will be any better. I'm sure it will have a bigger trailer if that's something you care about. But for the figure itself, if ER Op didn't have those extra bits on the legs from the carryover Siege tooling, I'd call him damn near perfect. I could easily see SS86 Optimus doing something like the third MP Optimus and being overly complicated rather than a real improvement.

I'll certainly take a good look at SS86 to decide if he's worth getting, but it'll have to be pretty special for me to bite.

The pelvic section also sucks. Both because it doesn’t look as nice as the Siege and also because they didn’t paint it properly.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I too have been very happy with my Earthrise Prime. I will consider the SS86, but he would have to be a real improvement for me to invest again.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
I might be in the minority here, and I know that SS favors the show/movies out of necessity, but I would like a trailer that can interact with the Autobot cars. Store a few of them, have a little repair bay that Ratchet and Wheeljack can use, etc.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I wonder what the SS86 could do differently. It would have to be something from TFTM.

Explosive effects on his fuel tanks and a jump feature?

Battle damage from his megaton fight where he got cut with the lightsaber?

Shiny grill with a Decepticon's reflection in it?

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
New mold with better proportions. Articulation for the jump pose. Alt battle damage parts. The usual bundled in blast effects.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'd still settle for Siege with Earth kibble. The proportions are so much better than ER.

The one great thing about ER is the crazy kibble vanishing trick they pulled. I'm still impressed. But it's not worth everything else.

Top Bottom