Dungeons & Dragons

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
It was far better than it had any right to be. I may have to get it physically at some point.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
So here's a question to think about, regarding the Planescape setting: What is the fashion scene in Sigil like? There's clearly heavy Victorian influences in the local architecture, slang, etc, but at the same time it's also a melting pot of ALL the planes, as it's known as the "City of Doors" for a reason.

Dake

Citizen
In other news - never would've thought we'd finally get the OG crew after forty years!

Attachments

• Adventurers.jpg
    Adventurers.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 71

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So I finally got to see the movie this weekend. Its been streaming for a while now, but the wife wanted to watch it, so we watched it as a family. Everyone loved it. My oldest wanted more Dragons though.

Dake

Citizen
It's the great contradiction of Dungeons & Dragons. There are far more of the former than the latter (unless you've made your DM angry).

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Watched the movie this evening off Sky cinema, by sheer chance as I was just looking for something to watch while I had my evening meal, it was pretty good, plenty of references that I picked up upon from playing the Neverwinter Nights games, overall, it was a entertaining movie, of course, I did get the 80s TV show reference in the arena and if that what the outfits would look like bought to live action, it be best if they stay in animation and not be used in live action!

Caldwin

Citizen
Little bit of show and tell if ya'll don't mind. These ar just the action figures I've gotten. Movies, POP figures and mini's are not shown.

IMG_2693.jpeg

My first D&D figure. With this (and any other Hasbro D&D figure) I suggest putting them in hot water to loosen the joints. They come pretty tight.

IMG_2694.jpeg

I mostly got this one for Uni. But the more D&D characters the better.

IMG_2695.jpeg

Some drow character. I suppose he's important somehow.

IMG_2692.jpeg

My one movie character I got earlier this week. I prefer red-skinned tieflings, but I guess you get what you can get.

IMG_2690.jpeg

And this I got from Amazon a couple nights ago. I really need to go back and watch some more episodes.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I never understood why Erik whined so much in that show. The ranger bloke was obviously shacked-up with that ginger thief bird, and he had the daily vision of teenaged ebony perfection that was a Diana in a furry bikini.

If I was him, I'd NEVER leave that dimension...

Caldwin

Citizen
I don't remember much about the show. I've only seen a few episodes recently. But from what I've seen, Erik's a bit of a jerk not really worth wondering about. I will say, even though things had come a little ways by the 80's, they hadn't come so far that an interracial relationship would typically be looked upon favorably. Which is unfortunate. Because you're right. Diane > Sheila any day.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I've seen Cartoon writers of the time talk about how characters like Eric were required by the powers that be in kid shows of the time.

You would have your positive role model for kids (Hank) that showed how they *should* act: Brave, responsible and such and were rewarded for it. The Leader/Main Hero Protagonist of the group.

And you were also required to have your "negative role model" who would be selfish, or greedy, loud, obnoxious, winey really just any generally undesirable social traits in the group and they would get punished by the show for acting like that. They were mandated specifically to show kids that if you are a jerk bad stuff will happen to you and people wont like you.

This was Eric, and Lance from Voltron, and the thin guy from Kid Video, and a bunch of others. Strangely Link from the Zelda cartoon was also this archetype which is why the cartoon is always thought of as being so bad and strange, they made the usual obnoxious Jerk secondary character the hero but still generally punish him for it.

-ZacWilliam, if the show was ever brought back I'm sure a modern Cartoon would deepen all their characters, like the Netflix Voltron did.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
The interview I read was that the mandate on the 80s toon group dynamics was that you always have to get along with the majority. So if the individual has differing thoughts, he has to be putdown, ostracized and whatever. Eric was that guy.

They're kind of against rebels and free thinkers.

That drow elf must be Drizzt. Read some of his books but don't get his popularity.

---
I follow this musician Tom Cardy in YouTube and he did a hilarious, if grim song DnD video called Perception Check a day or so ago. It's got a lot of swears but maybe folks would find it funny.

Link only cuz of swearing content. Perception Check by Tom Cardy

Caldwin

Citizen
This arrived from Amazon today.

IMG_2696.jpeg

IMG_2697.jpeg

I may have a serious toy problem. Is there a support group?

Top Bottom