Dumb, lame, ridiculous and bad things about the 1980s

Bass X0

Citizen
Because for those of us that were there, it wasn’t all fun and games that our rose-tinted glasses remember it being. This is not hating on the 1980s, just poking fun at it.

They made a Rubik’s cartoon based on the toy.

B3E90A46-FBE9-40F5-AC91-DFE00C0AA638.jpeg

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
They made cartoons and toys aimed at kids that were based on R-rated movies (Robocop, Rambo).

Oh, there was also the Cold War, but that had been going on for a while before the 80's...so...

DefaultOption

Sourball
Citizen
Remember Maxx Steele and the Robo Force? A toyline where the basic gimmick was robots with suction cup bases?

What was the initial pitch? "What if we did Daleks, but lamer!"

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
As retro robots go, those are still kinda neat. Wouldn't pay a collector's premium for them, though.

Sharkshadow

Citizen
i had a bunch of those suction cup robots and still have the playset. mostly because they were cheap but damn if that set didnt make a great decepticon HQ

DefaultOption

Sourball
Citizen
It wouldn't be an 80's boys' toy property without a cartoon:

(It's only ~23 minutes long, I don't know why the uploader tacked on a bunch of clips of the show out of order after the end credits.)

It wasn't a Sunbow production (it was produced by Ruby-Spears, the same people who made the Rubik's Cube show Bass mentioned above) but it was written by Flint Dille and featured a number of familiar voice artists. The plot doesn't feature a particularly large amount of sense, though.

Plutoniumboss

Citizen
I once tried to go back and watch Silverhawks. I couldn't make it through the first episode. Back in the day, my six-year-old brain never questioned it, but it is aggressively stupid. It's not even entertainingly bad. Like, I have no idea how "The Planet Of The Mimes" made it through an entire chain of people from concept to execution, but I'm betting the answer involves a mountain of cocaine.

Blot

Citizen
[nervously glances at the Silverhawks DVD that arrived for Christmas]

Spin-Out

terminal shitposter
Citizen
def leppard sucked in the 80's and they suck now. you could replace "def leppard" with literally any other generic hair/glam metal band with lead singers with shitty voices ofc. take motley crue for example

please. take them far away from here. for the love of god.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
def leppard sucked in the 80's and they suck now. you could replace "def leppard" with literally any other generic hair/glam metal band with lead singers with shitty voices ofc. take motley crue for example

please. take them far away from here. for the love of god.
Brutal-Legend-General-Lionwhyte-1050x606.jpg

You have invoked the wrath of General Lionwhyte. Prepare to be glammed to death.

DefaultOption

Sourball
Citizen

You are aware that you can be wrong without telling the whole world about it, right?

Top Bottom