YnACk17.jpg

E0pa7Ta.jpg

meMrOPT.jpg

vbhqRuy.jpg

txpnAMI.jpg

LordGigaIce

words pain, funny man
Citizen
Soundwave is a must-have. Shockwave's deco is interesting enough I'm gonna bite.

Shame it's ER Megs though. It's the inferior option and the Siege mould is begging for a clean paint job.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
That Soundwave deco definitely is better than the Netflix version. I don't own the Earthrise Megatron mold, and it sounds like I don't want to. That deco though is damn good. The clean look of Shockwave is nice. I still don't think I'm going to bite on this one, but I'm on the fence.

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
The big appeal for me would be ER Megatron, as I never got/saw one. I wish Shockwave was a lighter purple, and I already have Netflix Soundwave, and the throne, so that greatly limits the overall appeal to me.

Shadewing

Citizen
The big appeal for me would be ER Megatron, as I never got/saw one. I wish Shockwave was a lighter purple, and I already have Netflix Soundwave, and the throne, so that greatly limits the overall appeal to me.

Those that want ER Megatron, this is probably the best way to go as this release probably won't have the defective plastic that yellows quickly.

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
I don't think I've ever owned a good approximation of G1 Shockwave or Soundwave over the years, the Megatron looks decent enough if you pitch the swordbarrel, and I'd wanted the chair before but couldn't be arsed to pull the trigger due to being indifferent on Starscream, but getting a much better suite of chair-accessories could sway me, provided the price isn't too painful.

Is ER Megatron compatible with Soundwave's gun for the cartoon model bit, or is that just for Siege?

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
That is one awesome looking set! I have the three characters already, but those look nice!

MrBlud

Citizen
Do you think they’ll do an Autobot one? Who would you include?

Optimus is a definite. Bumblebee and Prowl would make sense thematically and it’d be nice to offer those molds in a non-exclusive manner.

Bumping up the price a bit to include something like this would seal the deal though and be a good counterpart to Megs’ chair
IMG_1324.jpeg

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Easy pass as I got copies of each of those figures, at least meaningful ones, I never really looked the look of ER Megatron's head, it always looked WEIRD to me!

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Easy pass as I got copies of each of those figures, at least meaningful ones, I never really looked the look of ER Megatron's head, it always looked WEIRD to me!
It's that weird chin he's got. To me, it always evoked that Derek Yanniger G2-style. Which is why I opted for the G2 deco.

If Hasbro can get this out here at a $120-ish price point, it's not a BAD value. On the average, each figure is an improvement over their prior release, to some measure, at least on the deco front. Shockwave loses his extra gear, but the throne kind of offsets that. And with how hard Netflix Soundwave remains, as I said before, it's probably cheaper to just get THIS set for Soundwave and Laserbeak and consider the other figures and throne a bonus.

Blot

Citizen
I don't think I've ever owned a good approximation of G1 Shockwave or Soundwave over the years, the Megatron looks decent enough if you pitch the swordbarrel, and I'd wanted the chair before but couldn't be arsed to pull the trigger due to being indifferent on Starscream, but getting a much better suite of chair-accessories could sway me, provided the price isn't too painful.
Counterpoint: you can get two chairs so that when company comes over they aren't forced to stand.

Shadhausen

Citizen
Already got Soundwave, Shockwave and Shackwave so don't need another. Now if they'd done cartoon accurate colors, that would be a different story.

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
Counterpoint: you can get two chairs so that when company comes over they aren't forced to stand.
Counter-counterpoint: If I'm getting the chair at all, it's going to Galvatron, who's likely to shoot any company who shows up, so standing won't be an issue for them.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
We got some in-hand photos of the Nemesis Bridge set.

ZMHXHOb.jpeg

5fNQFQJ.jpeg

bU4psqr.jpeg

Zxafm11.jpeg

r4MstTF.jpeg

r2N3nzl.jpeg

ZOPjieU.jpeg

X7GREqS.jpeg

jKKOAg0.jpeg

kh9gA5i.jpeg

Top Bottom