Beetlejuice Beetlejuice coming this fall

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I liked the cartoon a lot more than the film myself. So I am little sad that this follows the first film and not the cartoon series.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Well, there is more content there in the 94 episodes of the cartoon series that seems to have been produced by Burton himself:

I just like this version of Beetlejuice and his relationship with Lydia better than the villainous Beetlejuice in the movie.

I totally get why they would ignore it, but like I said, for me, I would prefer that version of the character.

Shadewing

Citizen
Well, there is more content there in the 94 episodes of the cartoon series that seems to have been produced by Burton himself:

I just like this version of Beetlejuice and his relationship with Lydia better than the villainous Beetlejuice in the movie.

I totally get why they would ignore it, but like I said, for me, I would prefer that version of the character.

Maybe the TV Show will get a sequel as well if the movie succeeds?

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Wouldn't mind if they leaned into the cartoon version a bit more, honestly.

Like, not saying turn back the clock and stuff, but if Beetlejuice and Lydia wound up friends? Or at least him and her daughter here?

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
My memory is fuzzy but did movie Lydia ever wear that Spider-Man webs poncho that cartoon Lydia has? Luv that Spider-Man poncho thingy.

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
You know, I was thinking, Beetlejuice got screwed! The Maitlands called on him and then walked out on the interview. He was even giving them a free taste of what he was capable of with the snake thing when they yanked him back to the model. Then Lydia made an agreement with him, an oral contract, and then backed out as soon as he fulfilled his part.

How's he the villain here? He was just trying to do his job and was getting screwed over at every turn!

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Honestly, I don't know if I ever saw the cartoon. I had forgotten it even existing until I saw that screen shot.

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
I watched a few episodes of the cartoon. I didn't really care for it though. It just felt too different from the movie.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
"Slate of channels"? You mean there's already more than one?

...Ah, it seems their parent company also runs Movies! and H&I, along with some others I don't recognize. MeTV is already relegated to a subchannel here, so I wonder if they're going to have enough bandwidth to add another one.

spikeriley

Citizen
Maybe the TV Show will get a sequel as well if the movie succeeds?

Meh, I hope not. A sequel would pale in comparison to the original since it will end up being toned down to avoid scaring the little kids that will be the target demographic (unless they aim the sequel at adults like Disney has done with X-Men '97).

Shadewing

Citizen
Meh, I hope not. A sequel would pale in comparison to the original since it will end up being toned down to avoid scaring the little kids that will be the target demographic (unless they aim the sequel at adults like Disney has done with X-Men '97).

If like the original, where its produced by Tim Burton, I don't think that would be an issue. But then I never really considered the cartoon scary even as a kid. It was always just a cool gothic fantasy. A lot of the really scary stuff was already toned down when compared to the original movie and played more for comedic effect most the time.

Dake

Citizen
I like the movie and my friends and I loved the cartoon. I worked in the AV room (the nerds that delivered the TV or overhead projector) first period for a couple years in high school and we watched it nearly every morning.

Top Bottom