Babylon 5 to be Rebooted on the CW

Covert Agent Rodimal

Citizen
Yeah Season 4 definitely suffered with the try to finish before UPN folds and we get canceled stuff. Season 5 was worst. All the notes for the season were lost so all they had was JMS original bullet points to go from. Then the fiasco with Claudia Christian not getting signed on for Season 5 because of a contract problem (one side says one thing she tells a different story). You could watch Season 4 then Sleeping in the Light (series finale) and not miss much. Season 5 is not good overall but does tie up loose ends somewhat. The book series Legion of Fire does a better job.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Season 5 is still worth a watch though. Also, there is a spinoff series and several movies that continue the story.

electricidad

Citizen
The Legions of Fire trilogy by Peter David provides an excellent coda to the series. The last book also gives Garibaldi perhaps the best line in the entire canon: "What's up, Drakh?"

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Normally I wait until the end of the season to comment, but I'm on episode 8 right now. The one with Penn and Teller.. and this has got to be one of the most cringe things I've ever seen. I'm embarrassed to be watching it.

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Ok now that the good stuff is happening I rescind my embarrassment. If you ignore the Penn and Teller stuff this episode is actually really good.

LiamA

Citizen
Good. That will give me time to slog through the last half of the last season. It's worse than watching paint dry

If you think watching it on dvd is bad just think about what it was like watching it when it first aired on tv. An episode a week.

electricidad

Citizen
If this was a full-on two-hour movie, we very likely would have heard something before now. Given all the preparation (and money!) that would go into a production like that, it’s impossible to keep filming such a project a secret. (Alien prosthetics, costumes, sets, etc. all take time.)

I bet it’s a radio drama. That kind of production could involve every remaining main actor, require no prosthetics, costumes, or sets, but still meet the epic sound/scoring standards the fans are used to.

LiamA

Citizen
I was watching the first season tonight and I would like to see this redone just to see how it would have been if Sinclair was in the entire show instead of being written out and replaced.

Top Bottom