Allsparkle General Discussion

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Pretty much. Hasbro's stated plan is to farm things out instead of making them in-house, and it appears that's what eOne does anyway, so nothing is actually changing except dropping some redundant management roles and some IPs Hasbro never wanted anyway.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
They probably bought eOne specifically for the expertise in managing the various forms of media and some specific IPs, and is now dumping the stuff they don't care about, or doesn't generate money and have moved those experts internally so they don't need the rest of the dead weight.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
!!!

G5's music continues to suck but I am liking a lot of what I see here. This season is going to be cute.

Videomaster21XX

This is how a unicorn comments
Citizen

Oh hey new music video with footage of what is comin- DID THEY JUST SPOIL SOMETHING REALLY IMPORTANT ABOUT MISTY!?

So yeah, only watch if you don't mind a HUGE FREAKING SPOILER because it flat out shows something BIG.

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
>_> Having no idea Hasbro Stole the name from Patch's OC I don't even know which one of them is this fake 'Misty' so I didn't get spoilered...

however, none of those ponies (I'm being told) are girlfriend material.

chibiMaple_zpsd5y4kwoh.png
angry flapping flubhorse noises

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Okay, this is pretty off topic, but I just wanted to share it.

I don't know how many people remember this, but back on the forum before The Great Crash, I was looking for a old Educational Video Series. I remembered that it featured a blond girl travelling to another world, horses, a magical necklace, and fairy tale creatures. And...I was politely reminded that that's basically the 80s My Little Pony Movie. BUT...I remembered that this was live action!

Well...I have now found the closest (or maybe second closest) thing to a Live Action My Little Pony Movie....

Presenting....Free the Horses A Self Esteem Adventure!
And a link to part 2 since it doesn't want to embed.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=dniX5M3iT5Q

Everyone just thought I was misremembering! They called me mad! Insane! ...WENDELL! Well, who's crazy now, hmm? Who's MAD now...HMMM?!

It's a lot longer than I remember it being. But it's got unicorn/dragon hybrids that are a attitude, connections to King Arthur, and a evil Wizard. And the legendary Billy Barty aka Gwildor from the Masters of the Universe movie. I've only watched a little bit of it so far, but...it's not so bad. It's not so good, either, but that's not really the point.

I've been trying to find this THING for years! It's haunted me since grade school and I finally found it! I'm just overjoyed at the moment and wanted to share (or inflict) my joy with all of you. Maybe give it a watch. Or don't. My nostalgia goggles are misting up over here!

Last edited:

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
Starchaser: The Legend of Orin was a movie that used to do this for me in my middle years... rented it consistently as a kid from a mom and pop vhs store (the same one that I ended up buying my first copy of tftm from) but after they closed I could never track it down and nobody else I knew ever seemed to have even heard of it lol

so I understand the triumph you're feeling XD... when I first found this thing on dvd I was all like

SEE SEE people I haven't spoken to in a decade and have no idea where you are now I knew it was real!!!

Videomaster21XX

Citizen
I have a movie like that, but sadly given the nature of the movie it's REALLY hard to do any sort of searching for it.

To give some insight, it's a movie I shouldn't have been allowed to see when I was like six, and it's not a horror film...

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I have some animes like that. I can't give you any plot keywords because they were bootleg tapes with audio so fuzzy that I absolutely could not tell what was happening.

Videomaster21XX

Citizen
It will be my turn someday.
I mean if you remember anything at all, even if "There was a girl with red hair", I could possibly try and help. I've seen quite a bit and have watched quite a few animes on VHS.

This actually reminds me of two other animes I wish I could find, but I barely remember anything of them so it's not likely.

Like one is so vague all I can say is it had anime girls, I believe it might have been set on another planet, and I watched it with a friend on Anime on demand back when that was a thing. There might have been a mecha/vehicle.

As you can see that's SO MUCH information. I'm sure we'll have NO TROUBLE narrowing it down. >_<

The other one I only remember one scene clearly. I'm fairly certain it was a certain type of anime that begins with 'H' and ends with 'tai'. Pretty sure it was a fantasy swords and sorcery type of deal. The only scene I remember is the bad guy (who I think had pink hair, but I could be way off) is trying to taunt and or negotiate with the hero. At one point he turns into a woman and offers to be his lover. Not something I was expecting and has stuck with me all these years. No freaking clue what the heck it was.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
For the first one...maybe Galaxy Angel? (Or one of the MANY sequels?) I don't know, it's worth a shot.

Videomaster21XX

Citizen
For the first one...maybe Galaxy Angel? (Or one of the MANY sequels?) I don't know, it's worth a shot.
Pretty sure it was a one shot ova/movie. It's also something that doesn't get talked about much, otherwise I feel I'd have come across it again by now.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Get ready for another DEATH BATTTTTTLLE!

At least Discord makes a good showing. It's not a slam dunk like Rainbow Dash vs Starscream, but Discord gets a few good licks in.

And both Bill and Discord sniping at each other in the tech spec breakdowns was fun.

Top Bottom