Allsparkle General Discussion

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Hopefully TYT doesn't spoil the surprise.
b35.png

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
To be fair, knowing what the surprise IS, they actually still haven't spoiled the surprise I was talking about yet.

Yes...there is...ANOTHER surprise.

Videomaster21XX

This is how a unicorn comments
Citizen
Watched the latest batch of episodes. That was fun. TYT and Make your mark certainly had things happen differently.

Misty's confrontation with Opaline was better presented in Make Your Mark. Misty gives her speech about how Opaline can't take what makes her HER away after her mark is already stolen, making it make more sense.

Opaline also doesn't say "This isn't over" when she's being taken by the tree in MYM. I can say I already miss her. She's a better villain then who we seem to be getting next. Aurora I think is her name? She's just kinda meh. Even if the real big bad seems to be unrevealed yet as shown by that little conversation at the end.

Also why was the portal just still going? Shouldn't they be able to open and close it at will? That's like putting a sign up that says: "Hey bad guy! Come follow us!"

So we get Spike. That's kinda neat. I do like that his magic fire is teleportation, a nice nod to the G4 show. So that's less a thing dragons can just do, and more a Spike specific thing. Also he can apparently just teleport whatever he wants to him. It's gotten stronger over the years.

How did the Starlight Ridge ponies never figure out snow frees them? It's literally EVERYWHERE.

Will have to see how this progresses from here on out. Gonna be weird if everything is really just the TYT style. It should work given the episodes more time I think.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I declare Philadelphia's parade the superior Thanksgiving Day parade.

Not just because of this. It's sponsored by Dunkin.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Alright, so I finally got to the end of chapter 6 last night.

Is that it? Only three full eps and a special?

Videomaster21XX

Citizen
Alright, so I finally got to the end of chapter 6 last night.

Is that it? Only three full eps and a special?
Sadly yes, and we still don't know if there will ever be any more, or if Tell your Tale is all we get now.

It makes me a bit worried. Tell your tale can work, but not in its current format. I really don't like the idea of something like: "Opaline's Return! Part 1" Being five minutes with an additional seven parts coming one per week at the same length. :/

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
That's pretty much where I am. They've got a new mcguffin, and a massive dangling thread and can't just leave it here.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I do have confidence in the TYT crew. They've gotten pretty good at using the 5 minute limit instead of being restricted by it. I imagine they would handle it like they handle holiday episodes. They fit together into a thematic whole across the month, but each episode gets to do its own thing.

MYM loves to have an A plot and a B plot, and sometimes a C plot and I think even a D plot in one of the early episodes. TYT could just break those up into individual episodes instead of having them weave around each other. I don't think we would lose much material.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
They've already confirmed that we ARE getting a four extra-length Tell Your Tale specials for the next year. It's not a lot, but I think it's enough to do a few bigger plots.

And I don't know if we should totally write Make Your Mark off yet or not, quite yet. The CGI show notoriously took a lot longer to make than TYT did. It was about 8 months between the New Generation Movie releasing and the start of Make Your Mark. It's possible that they're taking a year off just so they have the time to actually make the new season. We MIGHT see a new season sometime in late 2025.

Or maybe it is over. They really haven't said anything one way or another. Maybe the Netflix deal wasn't as lucrative as they thought it would be? It's really hard to say. I CAN imagine that the Youtube show gets more kids' eyes on the product. Not everyone has Netflix, anymore. The streaming wars have kind of split things in weird ways. 5 minute shorts on youtube is probably more effective marketing. More bang for your buck, really.

And honestly? Yeah, Tell Your Tale's earned it's continuation. It's been there week in and week out (or one week in and one week out, sometimes). It's done the work. It's been well paced. If I, personally, HAD to pick between the two shows....I would've picked TYT, too. It's had it's low points, too, but it's been a surprisingly fun little show. And I think it can carry the brand for a year while Hasbro sorts things out.

Honestly, I'm still expecting a sequel to the movie, eventually. Given how well the first G5 movie reviewed. And it's possible Hasbro's stalling for time while they polish up a movie that'll introduce new characters or a new gimmick to the universe. THEN they'll take another shot at a full CGI series. Because, while the synergy between the two shows WAS kind of impressive at times, there were a few hiccups that could have been ironed out. Time will tell.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I have hope. The movie was successful by every metric and MYM was at least initially successful. We don't know if it kept up, but it could have. Doesn't Netflix get pushy with shows you started watching?

If we were only talking 2024 plans I would have no hope of a MYM continuation. But if TYT is talking 2025, anything is possible. Bang for the buck does matter, but it's not all Hasbro cares about. It is partially an ego thing. Hasbro has always been chasing the prestige of expensive projects. It wasn't just a Goldner thing.

Videomaster21XX

Citizen
Damn, I think I missed out on something.

So there were these UK DVDs released for the Equestria Girls specials. One that was titled just "The Specials" That included 'Rollercoaster of Friendship', and 'Forgotten Friendship'

There was a second DVD released with the remaining three. 'Spring Breakdown' 'Sunset's Backstage Pass' and 'Holiday's Unwrapped'

Well I HAVE a copy of that second one with the three. I just never got around to getting the first one with Forgotten Friendship and now.... I don't think I can. I never thought it'd end up out of print or anything, but I guess it is as I don't see it for sale on Amazon anymore. Well there is one copy for like 119 bucks. Can't find it on ebay. Crap I was thinking of finally trying to get a copy and it's looking like I'm flat out of luck. >_<

Top Bottom