Ahsoka - streaming on Disney+

Axaday

Citizen
I posted this on a Facebook article and figured I would repost here:

Ahsoka's spot is a little strange. She left the Order and was never knighted. But now that there is no Jedi Order, she calls herself a Jedi and even snapped up the Jedi's training droid for her team. And now we find out she had a padawan for a while. It seemed strange when she was reintroduced and met Luke that he would just "maybe" see her again. But maybe not so strange. She might not consider his school to be legit. He may look kinda like competition to her.

Axaday

Citizen
I didn't know what the actor who would play Ezra looked like. Couldn't see much in the holo. When he appeared, he was totally unfamiliar to me.

MegaMagnus

Citizen
unless we've got a game of thrones rush job on our hands with them just introducing thrawn their has to be at least a season 2 of ahsoka but with this writers strike might not be until 2026

Axaday

Citizen
Dave Filoni has a movie on this topic on the way. I imagine he hedged his bets where he could do another season if it gets ordered or he can finish up on the big screen.

Mat-Man

Citizen
I was referring to the line where he asked for someone to get him all of the information about her. Who her master was and all. I don't remember now if she ever met Thrawn in Rebels. I watched the show pretty casually, but I have been assuming that he was aware of her. Maybe not?

For the purposes of my question, it isn't necessary for anyone to know Vader was Anakin. I was surprised he wouldn't have known Ahsoka Tano was Anakin Skywalker's padawan.

You don't recall correctly. Baylan Skoll knows. Luke and Leia and Han know. Snoke knows. I would bet on Sabine and Lor San Tekka knowing. Tarkin (now dead) had figured out who Vader was, right? Thrawn didn't manage to figure it out?
Thrawn did figure out in Thrawn: Alliances that Anakin was Vader (he recognized many of Anakin's mannerisms in Vader). Thrawn had met Anakin back during the Clone Wars, shortly after Ahsoka left the Jedi Order, so he wouldn't know who Ahsoka was, let alone who her master was. (They also never met during Rebels.)

Dake

Citizen
I was referring to the line where he asked for someone to get him all of the information about her. Who her master was and all. I don't remember now if she ever met Thrawn in Rebels. I watched the show pretty casually, but I have been assuming that he was aware of her. Maybe not?

For the purposes of my question, it isn't necessary for anyone to know Vader was Anakin. I was surprised he wouldn't have known Ahsoka Tano was Anakin Skywalker's padawan.

You don't recall correctly. Baylan Skoll knows. Luke and Leia and Han know. Snoke knows. I would bet on Sabine and Lor San Tekka knowing. Tarkin (now dead) had figured out who Vader was, right? Thrawn didn't manage to figure it out?

I think in Rebels he may have only known her as Fulcrum - very few knew who that really was.

As for the second point, all of those people know now, but Thrawn was gone before that came out. So there'd be no reason for him to look for that information specifically.

Dave Filoni has a movie on this topic on the way.

Yep - it's been called his Avengers for Star Wars, so I suspect this season will end with Thrawn's triumphant return and then we'll get to pull everyone together to resolve it somehow.

DefaultOption

Sourball
Citizen
thing.png

Axaday

Citizen
Intersectionality is hard in Star Wars. I always felt Maul must be a Zabrak for all the years before anything was said about it. They can shave their heads as easily (well not quite) as any other species and we know Eeth Koth was a Zabrak. But then Clone Wars came along and for a while I thought they were saying the head spikes were a coincidence and Maul was Dathomiri. They I decided, well, he is a Zabrak. He is just from the planet Dathomir. But is Talzin his actual mom? Is she Zabrak?

Morgan Elsbeth calls people from a galaxy a little less far away her ancestors. Are they her ancestors in a biological sense or cultural? Because she just looks like the regular Star Wars human. Is the galaxy far, far way mainly colonized by people from that other galaxy and don't even remember? Or does Morgan just have a little Dathomir blood? There had been no indication of interspecies breeding until Jacen Syndula, I think, but now the story is out. Do the Nightsisters predate the Jedi now?

That is the kind of thing I was hoping for after I saw Episode 7. Kylo Ren could hold a blaster bolt in mid air and talked to a crazy looking alien about awakenings and Knights of Ren, and my brain went straight to "A mysterious older force sect called Ren moved into the vacuum left by Palpatine and Luke disappeared because he needed to study and learn about the Knights of Ren so he'd be equal to their challenge."

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
Not on-camera, but I'm pretty sure that the novels establish that Thrawn figures out Vader's Anakin identity, but also that Vader clearly doesn't want people to know, so he doesn't say anything about it.

I don't know that he'd know about Vader/Anakin's connection to Ahsoka, though.

Axaday

Citizen
The Episode 3 novelization said Anakin and Obi-Wan were famous during the Clone War. At the time I felt like that was sort of weird, but then Clone Wars came out and started every episode with a newsreel and it makes sense. A lot of people would keep track of what planets were being won and how. When that novelization came out, Ahsoka wasn't thought of. But I am sure it would extend. If Thrown was in the Republic Navy (maybe not old enough), I am sure he was aware of the hotshot Jedi.

Anyway, I'm sure that line will be followed up and there will be some treatment. It is canon now that he DOES NOT know who Ashoka's master was, but I am sure it will mean a lot to him when he finds out.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
Thrawn wasn't in the Republic Navy. He made ONE trip to the Star Wars side of the galaxy (thus meeting Anakin) near the end of the Clone Wars, then returned home. His exile from Chiss and subsequent enlistment wasn't until the Imperial era.

Cybersnark

Citizen
Yeah, so Thrawn knows that Anakin=Vader, and he knows that Ahsoka logically must have had a Master, he just doesn't have the one piece that connects those two facts (ironically, Baylan did, but Thrawn sent him away before the subject came up).

Axaday

Citizen
I got a black series Mandalorian helmet for Halloween and having walked a little with it on, I am not sure Mandalorian helmets aren't almost as unrealistic conceit in Star Wars as the Force. Mandalorians fight 4 people at once with all their different tricks and skills, but you are likely to trip over things and you can't see someone on your 3oclock, much less your 5. I wear bifocals now so I have some experience adjusting my neck around to see something but a Mandalorian would have to wobble their head like crazy when running or fighting just to see the things you could see with it off.

Axaday

Citizen
I see a lot of speculation that those stormtroopers are witch zombies, but that would be a really hard sell for me. Ezra killed a bunch of them, but he isn't hunting them. I think he just got the ones that came after him and they stopped coming after him, probably because of the cost/benefit. A Star Destroyer has a lot of stormtroopers on it and I think these are just the remainder. Are they having to fight anyone other than Ezra?

Does Thrawn have any ysalamirs in Rebels? I thought I saw one in a trailer for this show, but are they even consistent with a Thrawn that is so tight with Nightsisters? Otherwise, they'd make better guards than GoldFace if your only threat was Ezra.

Dvandom

Citizen
Mandalorian helmets must have some sort of inner lining that isn't bare metal, or they'd keep spinning around on the wearers' heads. And that lining could include a VR HUD sort of deal that gets attached after the archaic forging step is done.

---Dave

Dake

Citizen
I got a black series Mandalorian helmet for Halloween and having walked a little with it on, I am not sure Mandalorian helmets aren't almost as unrealistic conceit in Star Wars as the Force. Mandalorians fight 4 people at once with all their different tricks and skills, but you are likely to trip over things and you can't see someone on your 3oclock, much less your 5. I wear bifocals now so I have some experience adjusting my neck around to see something but a Mandalorian would have to wobble their head like crazy when running or fighting just to see the things you could see with it off.

Mandalorian helmets must have some sort of inner lining that isn't bare metal, or they'd keep spinning around on the wearers' heads. And that lining could include a VR HUD sort of deal that gets attached after the archaic forging step is done.

---Dave

Most of the Star Wars helmets aren't practically usable (see the famous on-screen incident of the Stormtrooper hitting his head), they just look cool. I think we're supposed to assume there is some HUD or other computerized functionality that helps to offset the practical limitations. I also have the old Boba Fett roleplay helmet that they made with a wider visor slit and even it is fairly limiting. The screen-matching Fett/Mando helmets are definitely much worse.

Honestly, the even greater problem in my mind that comes out of BoBF and the Mandalorian series is the nuisance of hauling the helmets around all the time. Like, maybe the religious prohibition against removing one's helmet just came out of the practical fact that if you're not wearing it, what the hell are you supposed to do with it the rest of the time? The number of times we watch Boba or Bo Katan having to just carry the thing around is a bit comical. At the least you'd think there'd be a chin strap or something that'd let one hang it on a belt when not being worn.

I see a lot of speculation that those stormtroopers are witch zombies, but that would be a really hard sell for me. Ezra killed a bunch of them, but he isn't hunting them. I think he just got the ones that came after him and they stopped coming after him, probably because of the cost/benefit. A Star Destroyer has a lot of stormtroopers on it and I think these are just the remainder. Are they having to fight anyone other than Ezra?

Does Thrawn have any ysalamirs in Rebels? I thought I saw one in a trailer for this show, but are they even consistent with a Thrawn that is so tight with Nightsisters? Otherwise, they'd make better guards than GoldFace if your only threat was Ezra.

I don't think the troopers we've seen walking around so far are undead just remnants that have maybe "found religion", but that doesn't mean all those caskets being handed off aren't going to be. The Witches famously raised a zombie army of Night Sisters during the battle on Dathomir.

As for Ysalamirs, we've never seen live ones - only artistic depictions in his ship's cabin as I recall.

Covert Agent Rodimal

Citizen
In legends, Thrawn knew about the Ysalamirs when he returned, but didn't know where they came from until he raided the one library worlds ancient archives. Same thing may apply if Filoni is planning his version of the Heir the Empire trilogy.

Top Bottom