Ahsoka - streaming on Disney+

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Because she wanted to serve Thrawn and the Empire and seemed pretty into the dark side, where he actually wasn't interested in those things at all.

Baylan was there for something hidden on that ancient world. Once he was out there on the planet he didn't have any interest in following Thrawns orders anymore. He'd had very little in the first place (and very little interest in traditional Dark Side things for the whole series.) He seems honestly fond of the Jedi in a Nostalgic sort of way and at no point wants to kill them. He's pretty clearly happy to find Ashoka alive.

He knew his apprentice and echoed OBWans line to Luke "Your Destiny lies along a different path than mine" when he parts from Shin.

He's got his mission and it's not something she would care to follow on.

-ZacWilliam, I wish dearly we would be able to see him find it.

Axaday

Citizen
Is it supposed to be season 2 or is this going into the movie to wrap it all up? I have not really seen a clear answer on what the plan is.
When they were making this, Dave had Season 1 greenlit and his movie greenlit. I don't know how much work he has done on the movie, but I expect he was prepared to start the movie here if he had to. But if he gets hired to make move of this show, I expect he was prepared to do that too. When you are writing fiction you can change the story to fit in the space that you have.

Axaday

Citizen
It totally went over my head who the statues were at the end. I went back to look and it isn't vague.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I totally missed that Morai reference. Loved seeing Force Ghost Anakin at the end though.

However, I must admit that I am not really satisfied with the way this season ended up. Basically we have an entire season of setup. Baylan is trying to get to Mystical Macguffin, Thrawn is returning to the main galaxy with a busted up ship and relying on the nightsisters, and Ahsoka and Sabine are left behind to stop Shin and Baylan. Meanwhile we get Ezra back at the very end. Like I said, it's all setup, and while its cool that Sabine can use the force now, and I am looking forward to seeing Thrawn lead the Imperial Remnant, I just wished that we could have got a little more. Maybe actually have one last episode to show what Baylan was after and to show Thrawn's first strike in the Galaxy now that he has returned. Show how dangerous these things are before making us wait for years for a continuation.

All that said, the Zombie troopers were freaking creepy! The use of them was quite good, and they felt legitimately threatening to our heroes. Especially the ones in Beskar like armor at the end.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
It was an open conclusion but I was fine with that because it felt like it was intended to be an ongoing story with a Season 2 or Movie clearly in the works.

It tied up "Can they stop Thrawn's return" and "Can they save Ezra and bring him home" which were the main plot threads at the start of the season.

It just created a bunch of new ones: What will Thrawn do now? What is the "Cargo?"(Witches in stasis I'm guessing.) What's Baylan after? Can Sabine and Ashoka get home?

-ZacWilliam, what's interesting to me is Ezra, Sabine, and Ashoka are not around by the sequels. Thrawn we can assume is defeated since the New Republic stands in Rey's day. I'm wondering if they can use the other galaxy to send our Heroes away on a quest to get them out of the sequel timeframe without killing them.

Axaday

Citizen
I'm wondering if they can use the other galaxy to send our Heroes away on a quest to get them out of the sequel timeframe without killing them.
Who do you want sent to the other galaxy on a quest?

I think there is every possibility that Thrawn's adventure will continue on Mandalorian Season 4 and we might even see Ezra and Hera there. AND that Ahsoka Season 2 won't have anything to do with any of that. They are already on the quest you are talking about and there is no reason to be confident that they will EVER return to the old galaxy. Their story jumped off with the hunt for Ezra and Thrawn, but it was really about Peridia and Baylan and Shin. They are where they need to be and Anakin agrees. Maybe that galaxy is really needing the Jedi back badly.

Axaday

Citizen
If Ahsoka and Sabine are stranded or think they are stranded, I don't feel like the show hammered the point home. There was a line that the purrgil go to Peridia to die and the show might think that answered it, but it didn't say they can only make that giant jump once at the end of their lives. All the purrgil may have been killed when Ahsoka arrived, but if they were I didn't see that it was shown.

But from the last scene it certainly looked like they feel stranded.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
If Ahsoka and Sabine are stranded or think they are stranded, I don't feel like the show hammered the point home. There was a line that the purrgil go to Peridia to die and the show might think that answered it, but it didn't say they can only make that giant jump once at the end of their lives. All the purrgil may have been killed when Ahsoka arrived, but if they were I didn't see that it was shown.

But from the last scene it certainly looked like they feel stranded.

The Purgill were clearly shown jumping away to lightspeed to get out of the minefield. So they have a ride home, and Ahsoka has half the map burned on her hand too.

Axaday

Citizen
You are probably joking, but I don't think the patterns on the outside of the ball, that may or may not be burned onto Ahsoka's hand, are of any use.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
You are probably joking, but I don't think the patterns on the outside of the ball, that may or may not be burned onto Ahsoka's hand, are of any use.

Yeah, I imagine that if they are going to get home it will be by one of three ways.

1. Ezra literally pulls them through the Force like he did when Ahsoka and Vader were fighting.

2. They find out that the ship was tracking the Purgils all the way and knows the flight path to get back once its been repaired.

3. The Purgils come back and they tag along again.

However, they could totally use the burnt marks on Ahsoka's hand to get back, in a nod to Lucas' Raiders of the Lost Ark, which is why I bring it up.

Dake

Citizen
Option 2 seems the most likely. The Raiders nod would be a fridge moment; it would make absolutely no sense whatsoever considering it was never about what was on the outside of the ball. If that were all that mattered, they still have the pieces anyway.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
2. They find out that the ship was tracking the Purgils all the way and knows the flight path to get back once its been repaired.
While I can believe that Ahsoka's ship does now have the tracking data to get them home, my understanding is that the hyperdrive abilities of the ring were so massively beyond those of traditional hyperdrives that the distance required to get home is simply too great for Ahsoka's ship to handle on its own.

Axaday

Citizen
Yeah, Ahsoka's ship would take a long time to make the trip and I really doubt that it was scanning the path anyway. It would be a LOT harder to navigate without stars and beacons.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
While I can believe that Ahsoka's ship does now have the tracking data to get them home, my understanding is that the hyperdrive abilities of the ring were so massively beyond those of traditional hyperdrives that the distance required to get home is simply too great for Ahsoka's ship to handle on its own.

Hyperspace engines are rated by class. Like a Class 1 is able to travel pretty fast, and is probably what Ahsoka's shuttle has or maybe it's a class 2 due to its age. The Millenium Falcon had a .5 hyper drive, which was double the speed of the Class 1, as well as a much slower back up hyperdrive that they had to use to get to Cloud City on Bespin. Which is how the Empire beat them there. If they have the route in their Nav computer, then they can get back, it's just a matter of how long it takes.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
Hyperspace engines are rated by class. Like a Class 1 is able to travel pretty fast, and is probably what Ahsoka's shuttle has or maybe it's a class 2 due to its age. The Millenium Falcon had a .5 hyper drive, which was double the speed of the Class 1, as well as a much slower back up hyperdrive that they had to use to get to Cloud City on Bespin. Which is how the Empire beat them there. If they have the route in their Nav computer, then they can get back, it's just a matter of how long it takes.
I'm not even sure how to respond to this. The ring was completely new technology. Huyang commented on its immensity. They weren't just traveling to some uncharted star, but to an entirely different galaxy. Several orders of magnitude farther away. None of the stuff you said is relevant.

Top Bottom