Ahsoka - streaming on Disney+

Ultra Magnus13

Citizen
The rise of the First Order isn't until 34 ABY. The D+ shows are at year 9. A lot can happen in 25 years.
Except for anything that happens more or less has to be resolved and returned to status quo. This worked for the PT to OT, because it had a status shift. We saw the fall of the Republic and Rise of the Empire. In the Mando timeline we can see the flawed overly beurocratic New Republic that lets the Empire continue to exist in the shadows evolve into the flawed overly beurocratic New Republic that lets the Empire continue to exist in the shadows.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
I totally missed that Morgan Elsbeth was the one Ahsoka fought in Mandalorian Season 2. I just found out. I am guessing this places Ahsoka just a little after that and before Book of Boba Fett and Mandalorian Season 3. So she perhaps hasn't met Luke yet.
This has said to take place around the same time as Mando season 3. Therefore, Mando season 2 and the Book of Boba Fett have already occurred.

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
Prequels: The Old Republic was run by total idiots with a false sense of smug security.
Sequels: The New Republic is run by total idiots with a false sense of smug security.

---Dave
New Jedi Order novels: Borsk Fel'lya is certainly not an idiot, but he's selfish enough to run the New Republic with a (somewhat well earned, owing to peace with a neo-Palpatinist rump state and five well-funded fleets) sense of smug security that crumbles fast when the Yuuzhan Vong show up with a completely different approach to war....

I guess, when it comes down to it, I started out liking the it's-clear-who-has-which-colour-hat moral play of the OT, but as I got older I preferred reading about nuanced characters attempting to build working states in the wake of said trilogy of films. The current story group making Mon Mothma into Satine Kryze 2.0--and everyone else just going along with that - doesn't sit right with me. In Legends, even her own advocates within the Defense Forces (Gial Ackbar and Hiram Drayson) hid rather than scrapped the Executor-class Lusankya, against the day they might need a ship that big.

Dake

Citizen
As it stands right now Mando 1, 2 and 3, BoBF and at least the beginning of Ahsoka all happen within about 9 ABY.

Axaday

Citizen
They said a while back that more time has taken place during Mandalorian than it looks.

Axaday

Citizen
It seems like a reasonable thing that the world between worlds would be the residence of Force Ghosts, if that is indeed what we are being shown.

I wouldn't have done the de-aging. I would have if I could do it better, but they couldn't. It didn't seem like they bothered on Obi-Wan and that bothered me, but this bothered me more.

When they first said Sabine used to be Ahsoka's padawan, I assumed that I just forgot some nod to that in Rebels. But it seems like it was just how they wanted to get Sabine into this story. Did Ahsoka really just say "Who cares if you have midichlorians? You can be anything if you really try"?

The episode didn't exactly hammer it home, but it was mostly clear that the Inquisitor guy
is just possessed by the witch. Maybe wasn't even a person in there at all.

Last edited:

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Sadly, we didn't get to watch it last night, I might have to wait for the weekend to sit down with the wife to see this.

Shadhausen

Citizen
Something I don't understand - why did Ahsoka grab the searing hot orb with her hand instead of using the force?

Axaday

Citizen
Something I don't understand - why did Ahsoka grab the searing hot orb with her hand instead of using the force?
Baylan can use the Force too. It is harder for him to grab it from her hands than from her Force control of it. I don't know how she could know they were actively using it to calculate, but she somehow knew she wanted it turned off right away. Once it was cast aside, it was easier to keep Baylan from getting it back on there.

Dake

Citizen
I wouldn't have done the de-aging. I would have if I could do it better, but they couldn't. It didn't seem like they bothered on Obi-Wan and that bothered me, but this bothered me more.

When they first said Sabine used to be Ahsoka's padawan, I assumed that I just forgot some nod to that in Rebels. But it seems like it was just how they wanted to get Sabine into this story. Did Ahsoka really just say "Who cares if you have midichlorians? You can be anything if you really try"?

The episode didn't exactly hammer it home, but it was mostly clear that the Inquisitor guy
is just possessed by the witch. Maybe wasn't even a person in there at all.

The de-aging looked fine to me. On par with the process we've seen to date and more than acceptable for a TV show honestly. Now we haven't actually seen him talk, so that could change things - but I don't think they needed to do as much work with Hayden as they have for Jackson or someone.

Sabine had to be in this because that's how Rebels ended. Sabine did get training from Kanan, so it seems reasonable that she would've asked Ahsoka to pick it up after.

I'm still not sure about Marrok. Night Sister magic has always been red and glowy which is what I'd expect to see if a spell was broken.

It didn't occur to me that the thing elevating the orb was actually flame - I assumed it was just a magical effect. Seems like baking your orb like that would in fact shorten its lifespan. I don't think Ahsoka realized it was hot.

Anyway, the stakes increase!

I'll definitely be curious to see how all this plays out. I assume Sabine opted to surrender the Orb because she'd be no use to anyone dead and this way she'll at least get to tag along. Hopefully the tracker they got on that last hyperdrive motor can still be followed to another galaxy. Barring that I assume they'll somehow use the Purgils.

wentwood

Citizen
I started watching Rebels on DVD.

I saw Clone Wars IV - VII on DVD

That said would this be set before Episode VIII The Last Jedi?

I had finished Mando III on Disney + recently.

Axaday

Citizen
I'll definitely be curious to see how all this plays out. I assume Sabine opted to surrender the Orb because she'd be no use to anyone dead and this way she'll at least get to tag along. Hopefully the tracker they got on that last hyperdrive motor can still be followed to another galaxy. Barring that I assume they'll somehow use the Purgils.
It looks like Ahsoka has something better than that.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Watched it last night. Baylan is knocking this out of the park. It so sad that he died without knowing how great this was.

So what was up with the Mardook or whatever that inquisitor was called? Was that just a regular random person imbued with force powers like they did in Clone Wars?

So is Ahsoka back on that thing that Ezra pulled her on to in order to save her from Vader?

Axaday

Citizen
Watched it last night. Baylan is knocking this out of the park. It so sad that he died without knowing how great this was.

Yes
So what was up with the Mardook or whatever that inquisitor was called? Was that just a regular random person imbued with force powers like they did in Clone Wars?

Yes
So is Ahsoka back on that thing that Ezra pulled her on to in order to save her from Vader?
Yes

Axaday

Citizen
If the purgils took Ezra and Thrown to another galaxy immediately and they have been stranded for about 15 years, did they stay together? Has Ezra been a prisoner that whole time? I am worried about how they will pull this idea off. When the witch contacted Thrawn that she was coming, I doubt he would have called Ezra up and told him not to be late. Or do I remember wrong and she didn't contact him? I initially thought they were building some kind of portal, but ok it is an enormous hyperspace ring that is also a ship in its own right since it is so big. Maybe she just knows she'll be able to get in touch when she gets there and Sabine is hoping she'll be able to figure out where Ezra is too.

Top Bottom