Ahsoka - streaming on Disney+

Dvandom

Citizen
My first reaction to going to another galaxy was to wince at the possibility that they're bringing back the gorram Yuuzong Vong or however it's spelled.

---Dave

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
Episode 3 was great. Short of Andor, this is the best Star Wars thing in a very long time. Also feels the most Star Wars out of anything for quite some time.

Dake

Citizen
Yeah, it continues the slow build and I'm enjoying it.

I appreciate that both Ahsoka and Sabine are both recognizing they need to meet in the middle a bit more, and was impressed to see Ahsoka recognize that instead of forcing a lesson on Sabine during the space battle, that maybe she needed to be the one to listen.

I also really dug the training sequence with a throw back to Luke's training on the Falcon. It's no coincidence considering Ahsoka was trained by Anakin who of course was also trained by Obi-wan.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Had a school function and didn't get to watch this. We might have to wait for the Weekend to see episode three.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yeah, I sat down with the wife last night during dinner and watched it.

So, why didn't the general just send her fleet anyways? Or a scouting flight of A wings? Seems like an easy scouting mission that would take very little resources and confirm whether or not they needed to bring the fleet she already has to the Denab system to intervene.

Live Action Jacen! Don't go to Luke's academy little guy!

Loving David Tennant in this series! He does a great job with the droid, and I am glad that they brought him back for the series.

Digging the force training, but wonder if it will lead anywhere since she has so little natural infinity to the force.

So is that Ezra under the helmet?

Axaday

Citizen
So is that Ezra under the helmet?

I hope not. Both because it would be a shame to me and because it would be ugly.

I guess I should start by saying I am glad others enjoyed this episode. That's the polite thing. I thought it was kind of tedious and then the thing Ahsoka did outside was kind over the top.

I did like the purrgils and the felt like the explanation that seems to be coming is solid and pretty good Star Wars. I have trouble keeping in mind that Hyperspace has to have carefully prepared paths in Star Wars, so you would never just head toward another galaxy. It makes a lot of sense to use the purrgills migration path and then you have to deal with the correct planet at each end know where to go. Maybe even when. They may have to wait for the purrgills to go and go with them.

Axaday

Citizen
I totally missed that Morgan Elsbeth was the one Ahsoka fought in Mandalorian Season 2. I just found out. I am guessing this places Ahsoka just a little after that and before Book of Boba Fett and Mandalorian Season 3. So she perhaps hasn't met Luke yet.

Axaday

Citizen
Since this is essentially a prequel now, we know that Thrawn isn't going to succeed long. Probably beyond Season 1 and into a movie. But ultimately he will be defeated in plenty of time for Snoke to build up his org. But as I think about it, I really wonder what Thrawn or the people seeking him have in mind. We saw in Mando 3 that there is an organized Imperial remnant that wants to get some things done, but what do they want to do? Would Thrawn become Emperor? Do they feel like the Empire didn't really NEED and Emperor and they are just a better form of government?

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Since this is essentially a prequel now, we know that Thrawn isn't going to succeed long. Probably beyond Season 1 and into a movie. But ultimately he will be defeated in plenty of time for Snoke to build up his org. But as I think about it, I really wonder what Thrawn or the people seeking him have in mind. We saw in Mando 3 that there is an organized Imperial remnant that wants to get some things done, but what do they want to do? Would Thrawn become Emperor? Do they feel like the Empire didn't really NEED and Emperor and they are just a better form of government?

In the novels, his able to turn basically a small fleet into a galactic threat for a year or two. He took a lot of systems back from the new republic and was on the brink of winning when he was killed. Thrawn is a tactical genius. A literal super weapon in the command chair. I highly recommend that you read the original Thrawn Trilogy, as it a great continuation of the original Trilogy.

Thrawn would basically take over the Imperial Remnant. And would probably cause a lot of damage to the New Republic for a short amount of time before he is stopped. Then we pick up with the First Order storyline again. :(

Axaday

Citizen
I read the original Thrawn trilogy as they came out and loved it, but I remember enough to look back now and realize that having more Star Wars was what I loved. There is some pretty dumb stuff in there.

Cybersnark

Citizen
I mean, there's no guarantee that Thrawn and Ezra are actually going to make it back to the GFFA. Having the whole plot roadtrip to another galaxy would be a very convenient way to just skip over the whole Sequel Mess. Maybe they coincidentally get back just after the First Order collapses.

We saw in Mando 3 that there is an organized Imperial remnant that wants to get some things done, but what do they want to do? Would Thrawn become Emperor? Do they feel like the Empire didn't really NEED and Emperor and they are just a better form of government?
The thing about Empires is that, like a great bard once sang, "everybody wants to rule the world." The Remnant council only exists because none of them are powerful enough (or physically within reach) to knife each other in the back and take back the galaxy. They need an advantage (like a tactical genius, a massive fleet, or a supernaturally-empowered godking) --and once they succeed in breaking the Republic, they will immediately turn their attention to each other until the last warlord standing declares themself the new Emperor.

Fascists are always the same.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I read the original Thrawn trilogy as they came out and loved it, but I remember enough to look back now and realize that having more Star Wars was what I loved. There is some pretty dumb stuff in there.

I don't really remember much dumb stuff in it.

Ultra Magnus13

Citizen
I mean, there's no guarantee that Thrawn and Ezra are actually going to make it back to the GFFA. Having the whole plot roadtrip to another galaxy would be a very convenient way to just skip over the whole Sequel Mess. Maybe they coincidentally get back just after the First Order collapses.

The thing about Empires is that, like a great bard once sang, "everybody wants to rule the world." The Remnant council only exists because none of them are powerful enough (or physically within reach) to knife each other in the back and take back the galaxy. They need an advantage (like a tactical genius, a massive fleet, or a supernaturally-empowered godking) --and once they succeed in breaking the Republic, they will immediately turn their attention to each other until the last warlord standing declares themself the new Emperor.

Fascists are always the same.

Yup, that's my thought. Either through the passage of time, or time dilation via the world between worlds, I have a feeling we may see the D+ crews leapfrog the sequel trilogy. That way you are not retconning the sequel trilogy so it's still there for people who like it, but it frees up these new popular D+ characters who seem to be connecting more. Keeps them from being sandwiched between the OT and ST.

I feel like we will see all the Mando mains, Rebels/Ashoka mains, and maybe even a few OT characters placed post ST without any additional aging. You could even have Grogu take the long way around so he can age up.

Dake

Citizen
The rise of the First Order isn't until 34 ABY. The D+ shows are at year 9. A lot can happen in 25 years.

Dvandom

Citizen
Prequels: The Old Republic was run by total idiots with a false sense of smug security.
Sequels: The New Republic is run by total idiots with a false sense of smug security.

---Dave

Top Bottom