Ahsoka - streaming on Disney+

DefaultOption

Sourball
Citizen
Most of the Star Wars helmets aren't practically usable (see the famous on-screen incident of the Stormtrooper hitting his head)
I think that was more a problem with that particular extra being larger than his brethren.

HU54p4k.png

Axaday

Citizen
Honestly, the even greater problem in my mind that comes out of BoBF and the Mandalorian series is the nuisance of hauling the helmets around all the time. Like, maybe the religious prohibition against removing one's helmet just came out of the practical fact that if you're not wearing it, what the hell are you supposed to do with it the rest of the time? The number of times we watch Boba or Bo Katan having to just carry the thing around is a bit comical. At the least you'd think there'd be a chin strap or something that'd let one hang it on a belt when not being worn.

This is more a reality issue than a Star Wars issue, but when I pulled the helmet out of its box and several times since when I saw it on the table, it just looks huge. A lot bigger than I imagine it. But the truth is it is pretty snug on my head. It couldn't be smaller. I think I just see Mandalorians and see the helmet as being the size of a head instead of big enough to go around one.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
One thing that the captions said on this episode was that the troops weren't called Storm troopers, but Night troopers. Implying that along with the red samurai armor repairs, that something else is going on.

It could be that instead of cloning, Thrawn is going to use the Witch magic to make his troops that he will need to populate his fleets and armies, kind of like how they made that inquisitor.

Axaday

Citizen
I just refreshed myself on Thrawn's backstory in Heir to the Empire. For several year I have been thinking how odd it was to wipe away the EU and then bring back Thrawn anyway and then use him differently. But the truth is that how Rebels used him set him up pretty well for an adaptation of Heir to the Empire. There is nothing about purrgils and another galaxy of course, but he had been far away and untouched by the end of the war and its aftermath.

It dovetails well enough that it is hard to find a bio now that doesn't just harmonize Rebels into the story.

Covert Agent Rodimal

Citizen
I just refreshed myself on Thrawn's backstory in Heir to the Empire. For several year I have been thinking how odd it was to wipe away the EU and then bring back Thrawn anyway and then use him differently. But the truth is that how Rebels used him set him up pretty well for an adaptation of Heir to the Empire. There is nothing about purrgils and another galaxy of course, but he had been far away and untouched by the end of the war and its aftermath.

It dovetails well enough that it is hard to find a bio now that doesn't just harmonize Rebels into the story.
And it wasn't until the Hand of Thrawn duology that where he came from (and where he went) was really fleshed out, so just switching another close galaxy for the Unknown Regions works. Hell, maybe the other galaxy is part of the Unknown Regions.

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
And it wasn't until the Hand of Thrawn duology that where he came from (and where he went) was really fleshed out, so just switching another close galaxy for the Unknown Regions works.
About the only thing we miss would be Thrawn's campaign (using Imperial assets, but only tangentially involving the Empire) against the warlord Nuso Esva.

(Zahn admitted that to find the inspiration for that campaign, take the name, roll back each consonant to the one before it in the Latin alphabet, then each vowel to the one before it (remembering Y if you're at A.). I'll wait.

Hell, maybe the other galaxy is part of the Unknown Regions.
Technically yes, as outside of the Rishi Maze (a dwarf satellite galaxy big enough to be a disk shape), the other satellite galaxies of the GFFA have never been even minimally charted. Which is why it was a big deal in old Marvel Star Wars when the Nagai showed up from Companion Besh....

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
Technically, every other galaxy is part of the Unknown Regions.
The aforementioned Rishi Maze is classified as "Wild Space" (explorers have been there and come back, and there may even be a stable if not frequently used hyperlane or two into the area...). But it's the exception that proves the rule.

Axaday

Citizen
I really never bonded with Ezra in Rebels. But he's a pretty splendid Jedi.
Fighting a lightsaber without one.... Did Ahsoka lose hers or does she just know she doesn't need them either against Shin Hati?

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
I really never bonded with Ezra in Rebels. But he's a pretty splendid Jedi.
Fighting a lightsaber without one.... Did Ahsoka lose hers or does she just know she doesn't need them either against Shin Hati?
She doesn't need them against her. Considering Sabine can keep her busy for that long.

Shin needs a home.

Loving Ezra.

Axaday

Citizen
Shin needs a home.

She'll be back, I think. But I am really wondering if
Ahsoka, Ezra, Sabine, Shin, and Baylan are going to decide to stay for now in the other galaxy and never wind up returning.

Actually maybe the purrgils are unable to return right away or at all after such a long trip. Ahsoka season 2 could be about how they find a way to get back.

Last edited:

Axaday

Citizen
I really have no idea what Baylan wants. He's got maybe an hour max to let us know before he loses his chance forever.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I've always liked Ray Stevenson in everything I've seen him in and that really continues here. He's WONDERFUL as an apparently conflicted fallen jedi. Every time he's in a scene my thoughts go:

* He's just great.

* Oh it SUCKS we won't ever get more of this. I could watch a lot more of this character.

* I wonder how much his story will be concluded in this series or whether the show/future shows or movies are going to have to rewrite where this was originally intended to head. I guess next week we may learn whether Disney got lucky and his role was limited to this series or if plans have had to be adjusted.

-ZacWilliam, it always sucks to lose any great actor but especially when they just started something really cool.

Axaday

Citizen
It kinda looks like the story may have gotten lucky, as far as Ray Stevenson goes.

Before he knew Ahsoka was back, he already sent Shin Hati to deal with Ezra and Sabine on her own and told her to go to her Empire and left her with parting wisdom. I am now theorizing that what he always wanted was to get to Peridea. He doesn't want to work with Thrawn. Maybe he wants what the Sith Witches of Peridea have? I don't know. But I have a feeling Baylan was done at the end of Season 1 to begin with. He isn't coming back to the Galaxy Far, Far Away.

Axaday

Citizen
Until the last moment, I was totally unsatisfied with this finale. The last moment helped, but it only helped. What, 2 years or something before there is more? Will we all stay alive?

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
As good an ending as you could have that's not an "ending" but a place for season 2 to begin.

I think Ashoka maybe my favorite Star Wars D+ show. But then I'm a big Rebels fan. This just hit all the right notes for me following up that show.

If there is any disappointment it's that Baylans plot does not get a lucky tie up, and that's not their fault but it does hurt that we will never get to see where that would have gone with Ray. I'm curious where that will go.

They could recast (give him a helmet?) but I'd feel bad for anyone having to live up to the great job he did this season.

They could continue/end his story via books or cartoons. I suppose that depends how important it is to the main Ashoka threads.

Or they could alter where ever they were going so that Shin or Ashoka or someone else discovers what he was searching for instead.

I'll be curious to see.

-ZacWilliam, I'm gonna pretend it isn't years till a next part even though I know the truth, and the actors strike is ongoing, because this was SO fun and I don't want to be that sad.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
Is it supposed to be season 2 or is this going into the movie to wrap it all up? I have not really seen a clear answer on what the plan is.

Top Bottom