Activision-Blizzard Thread: Just announced the Layoffs of 1900 jobs.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Big WoW expansion guys! Look we have women working on it! Don’t pay attention to all our other BS!

Tm_Silverclaw

Citizen
Even ignoring all the "Other" stuff.. Dunno if I could be interested in new WoW expansion.. because it looks like they just keep going back to the older stuff instead of pushing forward again.

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
"Here's a new race. It can only be one class, which is also exclusive to this new race."

"Here's a fun travel mechanic that acts like flying but isn't flying."

I remain...unconvinced. Damn good trailer, though.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Big WoW expansion guys! Look we have women working on it! Don’t pay attention to all our other BS!

On the one hand, their team rep choices did seem a bit performative when framed that way.. but on the other hand, if they did have all men on those, they'd get ripped into from the other direction. Is there even a right choice here?

Apart from the head trashheap(who's getting the boot once Microsoft fully moves in), what's the trash percentage at now, I wonder. Has there been any news on that union they were trying to assemble?

And as a thought experiment, what else would it take for Microsoft to do to "wash the stink out" as it were? Dissolve the entire company and reform it(which hurts the people there who were on the victim side of things, and let's be fair - if they were going to do that they wouldn't have bought it)? Changing the name obviously does nothing. We're all hoping they're going to do a clean sweep for any leftovers, but that remains to be seen. There's the union thing if that hasn't happened yet.

Or is it impossible for Actiblizz to earn back any trust at this point, even if they totally reformed the company under completely new leadership?

As for the new xpac announcement, I'm seeing a lot of (relatively) well-known dragons I follow talking about picking it up again because of this, so they're definitely getting the attention of the scaly crowd. Setting aside all the outside-the-game issues, I'm leery of if they'll pull the new talent trees off well, just how much customization is actually going to be on the dergs, and how the gameplay will actually feel. The new spell mechanic sounds a lot like ESO's heavy attack, and FF players are saying it sounds to them like it's basically WoW:Heavensward. Lot of pretty trailers and videos, lot of hype, but no real sign of how it'll actually be when the rubber hits the road.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Considering what they just did with diablo immoral: I have no intention of giving them my money anytime in the next century.

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
Meanwhile, I've seen articles that Overwatch 2 will lock several of its playable characters behind a Battle Pass. So it's nice to see Blizzard continues to shit itself.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Meanwhile, I've seen articles that Overwatch 2 will lock several of its playable characters behind a Battle Pass. So it's nice to see Blizzard continues to shit itself.
Word's starting to come out that its not that cut and dry. For instance the new girl is free if you already own OW1. And there are non-paying ways to unlock new characters.

Ironbite4

Citizen

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
It really does suck that there's no digital equivalent to just carding someone for a legally-valid form of ID. That would solve so many of the internet's problems.

Top Bottom