40th Anniversary Haslab: RID2001 Omega Prime

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
sRmGCPz.jpeg

I thought I was someplace where my post wouldn't get messed with by a mod unless I violated the terms of the forum. I did not get that information from the Allspark, so I would appreciate not having my posts altered to imply they were.

The Phazer

Citizen
I think any suggestion that Optimus was off the table for a Haslab was just a working assumption by the team that if they wanted to do an Optimus they'd just put in him the main line rather than Haslab, but I can see how a RID Prime/Magnus back would be unlikely to fit inside retail price points nowadays. And would be a piece of shit if implemented half as badly as Galaxy Convoy in Siege.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I don't know how they managed to fit RID Optimus Prime into a normal retail pricepoint in the first place. Those factory workers must have been getting paid truly nothing back then.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I also kinda feel like using Omega Prime for the 40th anniversary would be a little redundant since the original was, in a way, already an anniversary figure, as Car Robots was originally the celebration of the brand's 15th anniversary in Japan, from 1985-2000.

So it would feel like if, for a later anniversary, we got a new G1 Optimus toy that was based directly on the design and aesthetics of MP-1 (as opposed to specifically drawing from the cartoon model first and foremost), while the original MP-1 itself was the 20th anniversary figure.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I thought I was someplace where my post wouldn't get messed with by a mod unless I violated the terms of the forum. I did not get that information from the Allspark, so I would appreciate not having my posts altered to imply they were.

My apologies if this impacted you. You gave us exactly 13 minutes between the time the announcements was made on social media and when you started this thread dedicated to it. Obviously at the time, we didn't have an article up for it. We had the news posted 19 minutes later, which would have been up sooner, but I wasted a good 15 minutes trying to make a different featured image to use with the article than TFW did. However, I didn't like the results so I just grabbed the image of Facebook like TFW did. Once I got the article posted, I changed your link from TFW to ours, since I am linking to this thread in our article for discussion and we now had our own article posted.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Honestly, I hope it is not Omega Prime. I am completely happy with the original of that toy.

I would love an Ark/mountain base playset. Or a TFTM Autobot city playset. Heck, even the TFTM Autobot shuttle would be neat!

If it is Primus, that might be tempting. Just 5 more days and we will find out!

Platypus Prime

Citizen
Well, there's also the Omega Lock for Primus, so the only logical conclusion is we get a Fire Convoy that turns into an Omega Lock that plugs into Primus who combines with Ultra Magnus and that combination looks like G1 Metroplex but is named God Ginrai to get around the No Optimus rule that was put forwards by a typo in a memo from the No Homers Club.

And that character that results from all this was Shockwave the whole time.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
While I like the IDEA of a Primus to match the Unicron, and I would agree that the "clues" can apply equally well to him, so it seems at least fairly likely, the end result would probably too expensive for me. $200 Titans I can't really justify, but I buy them (occasionally) anyway. $600+ planets are a bridge too far for me.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Honestly, Hasbro being trapped into this mindset of "everything has to have a robot mode" is probably why I'd skip Primus. I would absolutely make space in my collection for a large, non-transforming Cybertron if the price was right; making it transform is just going to make it SO much more expensive and since I don't have a Unicron to pair him with, that's a lot of engineering and parts that will probably go to waste for me.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
A serious question, given the whole 'screen accuracy' kick that's more or less been going on, I wonder if any giant Primus would have the setup to have HasLab Unicron in robot mode standing on it. Though I can't see how it would work, both for sheer mass that would have to be attached, and also for space unless Primus had a floor mount and didn't need a shelf.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Well, there's also the Omega Lock for Primus, so the only logical conclusion is we get a Fire Convoy that turns into an Omega Lock that plugs into Primus who combines with Ultra Magnus and that combination looks like G1 Metroplex but is named God Ginrai to get around the No Optimus rule that was put forwards by a typo in a memo from the No Homers Club.

And that character that results from all this was Shockwave the whole time.

Its only lodgical that it would be Shockwave, after all he is a genuis and I would not put it passed him to have invented a time machine and a imprefect Cloning machine

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Honestly, I hope it is not Omega Prime. I am completely happy with the original of that toy.

I would be happy with an original if it weren't for flaky paint and splitting tires. This is one of those cases where an expensive collector release might be more durable than the original toy.

NovaSaber

Citizen
A serious question, given the whole 'screen accuracy' kick that's more or less been going on, I wonder if any giant Primus would have the setup to have HasLab Unicron in robot mode standing on it. Though I can't see how it would work, both for sheer mass that would have to be attached, and also for space unless Primus had a floor mount and didn't need a shelf.
I will be very surprised if they ever make one that's even big enough to match the scale of that scene.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I like my Omega Prime standing on the shelf, but I'm afraid to handle him much because the base Prime cannot handle the weight of everything piled onto him and he falls over or does the splits. A new version that could support its own mass, maybe with an actual intended way to also use all of Prime's super mode leftovers as part of a Super Omega Prime, might tempt me, but it'd depend on what it actually looks like and how much. And if I did, I'd have to drop Tidal Wave, because no way in hell could I justify both.

Top Bottom