40th Anniversary Haslab: RID2001 Omega Prime

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Titan class Daniel Witwicky with removable jumpsuit that can be worn by an actual child.

Batteries not included for built-in boy-crying sound effects.
1706161769379.jpeg

This feels wrong for so many reasons.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
I think a G1 accurate Metroplex or Fortress Maximus (although less likely with TR reissue coming) are the likely candidates. I thought they had said this one was going back to American G1?

Ginrai /Powermaster OP would be amazing to see.

I think Omega Prime would be amazing as well, and the colors of the announcement make me think RiD.

The Phazer

Citizen
Omega Prime seems to fit the clues so far.

And I think is a pretty bad idea to the extent I'd be a bit concerned it wouldn't get funded.

Hasbro aren't capable of making an Omega Prime as good as the original toy, so it's very hard to see what the appeal would be.

Last edited:

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'd expect something from the early days of G1, seeing as it's celebrating the 40th Anniversary of the brand. Nothing inherently wrong with picking something from later in the brand's history, so long as it's a fairly "universal to the brand" sort of thing, just odd that they would pick something so specifically from around 20 years more recent then the 40 years they're celebrating.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
A plastic light up S.T.A.R.S. display with app compatibility, that transforms into the Cybernet Space Cube, that transforms again into REAL 3-D ACTION! Primejets, ON!

-which then simultaneously transforms into a truck and a monkey that retroactively gives a very angry guy on a message board in the 90's a stroke.

For extra authenticity it can only be ordered with Robot Points (also available as an NFT!).

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
All the "clues" seem to point to Omega Prime. (That doesn't mean some of the "clues" couldn't just be folks seeing things in an ink blot as it were.)

How would I feel about Omega Prime...

1) It's not something I would "need" being outside G1, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be something I might want if it looks cool.

2) I do think it is possible to make a better Omega Prime than the original at Haslab budget. While the original Fire Convoy is quite literally a perfect toy, the Rid Magnus is OK at best and Omega Prime is largely a fiddly floppy hassle that frequently fails to support its own weight. If they could shore that up with strong ratcheting joints and make Magnus a little better those would be definite improvements.

3) All that said I'd rather it were Ginrai (actually I'd rather it were Marvel Comics Powermaster Prime), or Better-Plex.

-ZacWilliam, or a bunch of stuff that are all too obscure to happen.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Pardon my ignorance, but where - and what - are these "clues?"
Yeah, WHAT clues are pointing to God Fire Convoy?

All I had said before is that it won't be an Optimus, won't be Gun Megatron, and won't be from Victory. But there was also one more thing I didn't say: That it WILL be something that celebrates the 40th anniversary. How does God Fire Convoy do that when he's one-part Optimus and also from a filler series that Hasbro has never bothered to reacquire the DVD rights to?

If anything, this teaser photo got everyone at other places on the 'Net saying it's gonna be Primus instead (which, uhh, that's gonna be murder on the wallet, if true):

MTzVsM1.png

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I figured it out! It's a gun-Megatron but it's not Megatron it's Signal Lancer, and it's not a gun, it's just the G1 gun mode stood on end with a traffic light stuck on top of the barrel. When questioned, Hasbro blames poor quality control for making a telephone pole look very strange.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Apparently the "No Optimus thing" was a misunderstanding, if this random twitter person is to be believed.

Combine that with "Omega level announcement" message and "fire up your engines" from the recent teaser and that's why people are starting to lean towards Omega Prime.

EDIT: https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/tf-pulse-fanstream-30th-january.1258500/page-20#post-22019558

img_3256-jpeg.30244469

Also I'm just posting to explain to those who were curious where this is coming from; do not start an argument with me about this, as it ain't my personal stance. :p

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Omega Level was from awhile ago, I don't remember where it was from. Most people assumed it was the Omega Lock for Primus/Cybertron at the time.

EDIT: Quick research points to it being said on a livestream.

Top Bottom