40th Anniversary Haslab: RID2001 Omega Prime

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
This would pretty much be the only way to get the sword; at least until they did a new Fortress Maximus mold, and even then it probably wouldn't happen.

I'm not a huge fan of RiD (even though it basically got me back into Transformers from 2001 to 2004), don't like doubling up on certain characters (I already have wayt to many optimii of various flavors and don't need more), I have the original toys from 2001, and think they made these two big so they're not going to look at good next to, say, the autobot brothers in deluxe scale or the velocitron Scourge.

But it's a damn good package and I'm still debating getting it.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Given the size of the sword, if there are further stretch goals, I'd like to see articulated arms that attach to the stand to help support the sword in poses. Something sort of like this, but hopefully better integrated.

mg-Gundam_Astray_red_dragon%2B%25289%2529.jpg

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I do hope they might make an accessory pack of some sort with a mini-figure of her, like they did with the small ships from the Behold Galvatron Unicron accessory pack.
I'd love a T-AI, but preferably not lumped in with this HasLab offering.

Maybe give us a R.E.D figure (is that still going? If so, how about a Sky-Byte? Maybe even in shark mode) from R.I.D, and include a T-AI figurine.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
As of this typing, the count is just 11 backers away from 11,000, in less than a day after being funded.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I'd love a T-AI, but preferably not lumped in with this HasLab offering.

Maybe give us a R.E.D figure (is that still going? If so, how about a Sky-Byte? Maybe even in shark mode) from R.I.D, and include a T-AI figurine.
Honestly, I think RED is a done thing, just coasting on the handful of new molds and redecos (of which, I’m not sure all will see release).

I think, if momentum sustains, a nice, 3”, articulated, T-AI would be a nice stretch goal (20K maybe?). Yes, they COULD do a little figurine or something with a Fan Channel offering (Sideburn super mode with a 2.5”, non articulated, figure, perhaps?).
But, I think offering something with the HasLab would result in a superior offering to whatever Hasbro might be able to justify bundling with another release.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I think the large accessory pack Prime rifle would work well with RID Primes smaller robot mode. The sword issue can be dealt with via existing figure stands, really. I don't think they'd need a new sort.

Re: T-AI, I always found it odd that they never did an RID homage figure of her in those GT race queen styles when that line was out.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Very interested to see if they do a 3rd stretch tier or not with how rapidly this is going.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
Two small painted non-posable figure of Ai/T-Ai, one happy the other yelling, and a simple sound button with a switch, one setting with the American sounds, the other that yells the phrase from Fire Convoy in Japanese that sounded like "I am a goldfish! Transform!" which I am sure I misunderstood.

Edit: Of course, nowadays they have those acrylic flat standee things...I hate those...

Last edited:

Blot

Citizen
the phrase from Fire Convoy in Japanese that sounded like "I am a goldfish! Transform!" which I am sure I misunderstood.
サイバトロン戦士、トランスフォーム!: "Cybertron senshi, Transform!". "Autobot warriors, transform" basically.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
Thank you! Here's what I was talking about, 25 seconds in. And about 1:08 starts "Oh, no I'm punchy! Fired Mackerel"

Figures NOW they'd have subtitles, all these years later...

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Some of the translations for the Encore sounds in that video are... questionable.

And he forgot about the sounds for both the original and the Encore versions of the weapon configures when attached to God Fire Convoy. That last round in the video was for the weapon sound effects when attached to God Magnus's robot mode, not the combined God Fire Convoy mode.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
Still did better than my attempt. But seriously, a simple stand alone sound button could be interesting, yet at the same time, those clips are very easy to get online and would just add batteries complexity. If they did add a tier, I figure simple one-piece figures are the most likely, I have heard some ideas of Titan Masters, but those require multiple parts. Then again, Deathsaurus and the Micromasters show that's not always an impediment.

Last edited:

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
I don't really care about the Matrix blade but I'm more intersted in the Space bridge/Flight stands

I hear you. I wish that the Tier 2 and Tier 1 Unlockables had been reversed. I mean, I'm optimistic and I think that the campaign will make it to 16k backers. But it seems like stands should have been first.

Top Bottom