Post Pictures of your Transformers, Let's see 40 years worth of Transformers!

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Pretty sure they have those Loco Squad sets at the gift shop at Entertrainment Junction in Cincinnati, OH. Also at the gift shop in the train station at my town, but it's only open around Labor Day weekend, and they wanted $50 for it!
I got mine from the gift shop at the Florida Railroad Museum about a year ago. They had two sets on the shelf.

I need name and personality for theses three now
For yours? Had to look it up, but the one you have is Liner Dagwon from Brave Command Dagwon.

For its components,
  • The blue-striped white bullet train with the dragster wheels is Turbo Liner, and transforms into the robot DagTurbo. It is controlled by Kai Hirose, who has a strict, no-nonsense personality, is head of the student council at his school, and is a practitioner of kendo.
  • The blue and white bullet train with the green stripe and the missile pod is Armor Liner, and transforms into the robot DagArmor. It is controlled by Shin Sawamura, who is friendly, good-natured, has some martial arts skills, but also has terrible luck with girls constantly rejecting him.
  • The silver bullet train with the wings is Wing Liner, and transforms into the robot DagWing. It is controlled by Yoku Kazamatsuri, who is shy, brainy, a computer whiz, and likes to study strange and unusual things.
Plus, with the addition of an extra locomotive unit called Drill Liner (which transforms into the robot DagDrill, and which is controlled by the short-tempered and impatient Geki Kuroiwa), Liner Dagwon can be upgraded into Super Liner Dagwon.

Reactions: tec

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Honestly I find sticking Autobot or Decepticon stickers on toys from other mecha franchises because of some need to have them be 'Transformers' kind of silly as a mecha fan but y'all do you I guess.

IMG20240323193159347.jpg

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
Honestly I find sticking Autobot or Decepticon stickers on toys from other mecha franchises because of some need to have them be 'Transformers' kind of silly as a mecha fan but y'all do you I guess.
Considering Brave started out by repurposing Transformers designs, what's the harm in repurposing Brave toys as Autobots or Decepticons?

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
I happen to love repurposing other figures and transformable robots as Transformers. For me, it's not a "need" per se, just a want. Like, I have this thing on preorder:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/252285

I'm well aware of the fact that it isn't a Transformer. But if you think for a second that I am not going to find some spot on it to add an Autobot logo, then I don't know what to tell you. 'Cause I'm gonna.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I happen to love repurposing other figures and transformable robots as Transformers. For me, it's not a "need" per se, just a want. Like, I have this thing on preorder:

I'm well aware of the fact that it isn't a Transformer. But if you think for a second that I am not going to find some spot on it to add an Autobot logo, then I don't know what to tell you. 'Cause I'm gonna.
I have the BotCon version of that one. It turns into a mouse.

wgU8rHL.jpg

Wuwkdnp.jpg

Fb1jNdA.jpg
egGjg68.jpg

pcx8wwd.jpg

ptFTPgO.jpg

7970O2o.jpg

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen

Ok, those carrot thrusters are fantastic!

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm wanting the squirrel version, myself. We've befriended numerous squirrels in our backyard starting during the covid lockdown, so we've become a crazy squirrel household.

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen

IMG20240323193159347.jpg
A very fair and valid point but I do it because head cannon lore is fun Autobot recruitment drives are funny and I have plans as soon as I have time
Plus that was very naked spot screaming for it

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
On the other hand, it's a big universe out there. The Autobots can have allies from other planets who aren't themselves Autobots or even Cybertronian. ;)

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Considering Brave started out by repurposing Transformers designs, what's the harm in repurposing Brave toys as Autobots or Decepticons?
I mean it might just be a neurodivergent thing but I just prefer to keep things as what they are meant to be (although I have no issues displaying all my various figures together in crossover situations because it looks cool [it's partially why I used that Macross toy in the pic I posted a couple pages back] nor do I have issues repurposing or coming up with headcanons within the franchise itself, if that makes sense).

Shadewing

Citizen

It's Stampy!

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
I mean it might just be a neurodivergent thing but I just prefer to keep things as what they are meant to be (although I have no issues displaying all my various figures together in crossover situations because it looks cool [it's partially why I used that Macross toy in the pic I posted a couple pages back] nor do I have issues repurposing or coming up with headcanons within the franchise itself, if that makes sense).
And that's totally ok, too! :) The great thing about having a collection is doing things with it that make you happy. Mix 'n match? Cool! Keeping things within their own brands? Go for it!

I mean, we all have our collecting quirks. Mine is that I have a hard time getting over folks that keep things MISB, but, if it makes the owner happy, then I can respect it.

LordGigaIce

words pain, funny man
Citizen
On the other hand, it's a big universe out there. The Autobots can have allies from other planets who aren't themselves Autobots or even Cybertronian. ;)
That's my take on it and why I love that United is doing Star Seekers and Infernacs/Armorizers.

I used to love the Brave stuff from afar and would tell myself if I ever got any of them they'd get 'Bot or 'Con stickers as needed but once I did snatch a few I decided I liked them as their own thing.
Same with GoBot/Machine Robo homages and remakes.

I won't begrudge anyone who wants to slap Autobot and Decepticon stickers on non-TFs as desired though. It's a hobby. Engage with it on your own terms and no one else's.

Top Bottom