My Adventures With Superman

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Super late to the party on this, but I binged the whole show and really enjoyed it.

Reading over the thread, I see folks guessing Zod as Brainiac's leader, but I'm not so sure. That was my first guess, too, but then I saw the end credits. The voice cast said that the "Kryptonian Warrior" was voiced by Kari Wahlgren. So either they've genderbent Zod into a woman like they did for Flip Johnson, Heat Wave, and Ron(nie) Troupe, or it's someone else like Faora, Ursa, or Mala.

And something I didn't see anyone bring up in this thread: Do we suspect that Ivo's assistant Alex may turn out to be this show's version of Lex Luthor? His surname was never given (perhaps deliberately avoided), and his likeness does sorta bear a resemblance to Jesse Eisenberg's Lex from the Batman v. Superman. If any show would be bold enough to homage that particular version of Lex and try to make it work, it'd be this show.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Huh. That side guy as Luthor? Doesn't have the ego and the hate for Superman would be different but, sure, why not?

I'd just like to see the Legion soon.

Cybersnark

Citizen
Do we suspect that Ivo's assistant Alex may turn out to be this show's version of Lex Luthor?
That's certainly the impression I got.

One of the rules of drama is the "One Steve Limit," so if there's an "Alex" associated with Superman, it kinda has to be him.

Maybe the one twist is that Alex is actually Luthor Junior, and his daddy (who may have gotten him the job with Ivo) will later show up and end up downloading his brain into his son's body.

(In the Post-Crisis books, Lex Jr. was just a clone that Lex made, but introducing him as an actual person would make for a suitably tragic twist when Lex overwrites him. It would also let the writers sell Lex as a murderer without actually doing anything that would offend Censors.)

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
His hate, from what I can remember, stems from him idolizing his boss (Parasite) and Superman ruining those plans. It feels different to have a Lex whose motivations are based on Lex actually being under someone else. Massive ego is quintessential Lex trait and to have him actually gush over someone else (see himself lower), seems odd.

But it could work, somehow. I like the clone Lex Jr idea but I don't like OG Lex being older that this Superman. Same age hijinks would be more fun.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
They rewrote everything else, they could have just made it so luthor was just starting out. Even raging narcissist, but actual genuises need to start somewhere.

Top Bottom