40th Anniversary Haslab: RID2001 Omega Prime

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
tjeEHOJ.jpg

Other than some yellowing in the off white, mine is in good shape. He's a little loose, but still okay. Magnus on the other hand is in a tote in my closet dying a slow, yellowy death.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm so eager for some transformation videos, because I can't completely figure out how the combination works. I see where Ultra Magnus' arms go, and it's a remarkably tidy solution, but there's other chunks that seem to just disappear.

Takara, please do whatever you have to do to regain the rights to make Brave toys, because you're clearly the best at this.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I'm so eager for some transformation videos, because I can't completely figure out how the combination works. I see where Ultra Magnus' arms go, and it's a remarkably tidy solution, but there's other chunks that seem to just disappear.

Takara, please do whatever you have to do to regain the rights to make Brave toys, because you're clearly the best at this.

Depends which parts you are looking at, but I'm guessing that they just fold away, for the most part, it seems that they are very similar to the originals with a few changes here and there, for OP he likely just bends over like the original and the trailer parts attach onto him, but we'll see, thou so far we are over 6000 backers and its only been a couple of days, I'm kind of confident that this will get funded, the tiers is another matter but so far with Haslab they not truly failed with Transformers, unlike Star Wars, but that down to a bunch of factors including Lucasfilm stupidy!!

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
They had to expand the campaign to get Unicron over the line, so I wouldn't assume Transformers is invincible. Also not every Haslab is going to obey the rules of the other Haslabs.. Giant Man was pretty well and doomed until it suddenly wasn't and massively outperformed expectations at the last minute.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
The only regularity with HasLabs is that some will say it will fund massively, some will say it's doomed, and both sides will quote the same numbers to 'prove' their point, all the way to the end, and probably a bit beyond.

Meanwhile, in the background others will speculate on 'the next' HasLab even when the old one isn't a week old, so let's get started!

"RID Gigatron...with all ten modes...plus a hidden GigaBird mode that can only be made by a fan who is very rude...that changes colors from Megatron to Galvatron in cold water...plus an adapter to attach to the arm of this recent HasLab...in the kitchen...with a lead pipe...."

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I wonder if he'll be able to use Prime's super mode armor on Omega Prime. The old toys had various ways it could all be slapped on, but most of it wasn't very stable and it was clearly just a fan mode. I see the pegs on the sides of the boots to attach Prime's boots/missile pods like on the original, how about the rest?

Platypus Prime

Citizen
The hardest part was the ladder, it was just...floppy. Didn't help that the attachment point was on a hinge. But just as we haven't seen the ladder extended or the missiles flipped out, I'd not be surprised if there are other yet-to-be-shown features.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
Yeah, the Optimus super mode stuff’s probably going to be 5mm compatible to accommodate the alternate configurations so it’ll probably be possible to stick them somewhere on Omega Prime and look halfway okay. The ladder’s huge and heavy, likely to use a different attachment method and most of Optimus is covered up, making it less likely that it can attach somewhere on Omega Prime.

Hope the Omega head ends up better in plastic or otherwise refined though. It looks weirdly bulbous in that one render.

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
The hardest part was the ladder, it was just...floppy. Didn't help that the attachment point was on a hinge. But just as we haven't seen the ladder extended or the missiles flipped out, I'd not be surprised if there are other yet-to-be-shown features.
It was short, but we got a peek during the base demo. They're non-firing and not-spring-loaded, but they're there.

1706970784175.jpeg

Dake

Citizen
The only regularity with HasLabs is that some will say it will fund massively, some will say it's doomed, and both sides will quote the same numbers to 'prove' their point, all the way to the end, and probably a bit beyond.

Meanwhile, in the background others will speculate on 'the next' HasLab even when the old one isn't a week old...
You forgot "Hasblo could've sold this at retail for a hundred dollars less, I know it only cost them 75 cents to make!"

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
I wonder if Hasbro would or could at some point make an entire actual Haslab line.. like a normal wave of figures all through Haslab (4 deluxe, 2 Voyager, 1 Leader), and if so, would they fund them individually or as a single fund for the entire wave? And what the heck would they put in it to make it work(assuming the Transformers line is still healthy and Hasbro solvent at that point)?

Dake

Citizen
Star Wars collectors have been asking for something similar but with starfighters that have gotten too expensive for regular retail price points, but wouldn't sell well at the tinier sizes.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I wonder if Hasbro would or could at some point make an entire actual Haslab line.. like a normal wave of figures all through Haslab (4 deluxe, 2 Voyager, 1 Leader), and if so, would they fund them individually or as a single fund for the entire wave? And what the heck would they put in it to make it work(assuming the Transformers line is still healthy and Hasbro solvent at that point)?
I feel like if they tried to do that, people would just say that that line could have easily been done at retail, either as mass retail or a store exclusive line.

Top Bottom