40th Anniversary Haslab: RID2001 Omega Prime

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'd like an Omega Prime -- actually based a character on him, in fact (if any of you read my stuff in the Iacon Art Institute, feel free to guess who ;) ).

But I don't think I could manage HasLab prices. To say nothing of my recent lack of trust in them wrt higher-priced items...

I still have my original RiD Optimus. Probably be better off trying to find an Ultra Magnus to combine with him.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
What if it's a reworking of Beast Wars K9 except he's now a police drug dog of a different breed, so the next HasLab would turn into a lab and his name will be Maximal MethLab. His third mode would be to unfold into an Ark interior play set of Wheeljack's lab.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
My Omega Prime Ultra Magnus is yellowed beyond repair unfortunately.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I think all of them are by now. That white plastic had issues, even back then, between the yellowing on it and the softer grey, and also the hinge on the front being prone to cracks (I was never sure if that was due to the pressure it was under when combined, or if it was just a problem with the hinge). I'd love to see a new version, that would be more stable, but I at the moment probably couldn't spring for it.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
I've always found unicron's size in the movie kind of weird. He's supposed to be able to eat planets but he really only snacks on moon sized objects. (Lithone has to be moon sized given it fits into Unicron's mouth just as well as the moon bases). If he's able to stand on Cybertron like he does (which doesn't appear to be larger than Earth if you go by Ultimate Doom and actually may be way smaller) then he's fairly small compared to an average sized planet.

It'd be like housecat eating a cow!

NovaSaber

Citizen
His robot mode is for breaking planets into parts small enough for his planet mode to eat.

Lithone really is tiny by planet standards. The scale chart shows it and Junk as much smaller than any other planet in the movie.

Scalemovieplanets.png

Lithone is the one in between Unicron and the moonbases, just slightly larger than Moonbase 2.

Last edited:

Platypus Prime

Citizen
The weird part is, while 'proper size' Cybertron for the Unicron Standing scene would be implausible, some Moon Bases to go with him look fully do-able. And we already know that the Cybertron Primus and his repaints can be posed properly to HasLab Unicron for 'eating' scenes, so it's even been done before, sort of.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Which makes sense, as Junk isn't really a proper planet so much as it is the outer space version of the Pacific Garbage Patch

In the film it kind of looks like the remains of a planet, likely destoryed in some dramatic event millions of years prior and what remains of its gravity causes it to pretty much attract space junk, so it likely has a weird orbit where its going from one solar system to another and collecting the trash as it flies by, unless the remains of Cybertron destoryed in the Headmasters anime some how travels back in time and collects tons of trash!

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
My bet has been on Primus since we first heard tidbits about a 40th anniversary HasLab. Outside of maybe Optimus and Megatron, how many things better tie into all versions of Transformers than Cybertron itself? Makes perfect sense to bring a giant transforming Cybertron as a companion to HasLab Unicron as a big anniversary celebration.

I'm mainly curious about the details. Will it just be G1 Cybertron? One of the other versions? Will it have different regions, like a G1 scarred region, a TF:Cybertron tower region, a DotM hexagonal region, etc.? Maybe swappable planet surface plates to let you customize the planet to your preferences? Will the robot mode lean more Marvel G1 or Cybertron, or maybe something else entirely? Maybe some blend with swappable heads/faces? Deployable Marvel collar perhaps? Maybe a gold Kingdom Rodimus to be his avatar as a stretch goal?

Dake

Citizen
Considering Unicron was a bit of a struggle - it's pretty tough to imagine Primus/Cybertron being able to fund. I know I'd have to think VERY hard about it. And frankly, I'm on the side of no right now.

That being said, I'll likely pass on Omega Prime too. While RID Prime was a very cool incarnation (and was my only Prime toy for years), I don't really feel the need to replace him, and I never really cared for the combined mode anyway.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Something that might get me to fund a new Omega Prime would be if it were actually a bit smaller than the original, so that the combined form wouldn't end up towering as much over the other three combiners of the original line.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
There's a lot they can improve with Omega Prime. Paint it like the Encore set. Ditch the heavy electronics. Ditch the springs and shave some weight off the ladder. Strengthen the connection on Prime's super mode chest. Improve the proportions of Ultra Magnus'... everything.

I don't know if it would be a good idea though. I could see the set struggling, in part because in pictures it might not obviously seem like a massive update. The difference in stability could be huge, but that would only come across in hand.

Top Bottom