[IC] Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Static took his ball out and set it on the ball return next to the lane they'd be using. He waved as he saw Scarlet Spectrum come in. They'd only met briefly. But being that Scarlet was now his newest brother in the STOMP team, he wanted to take this chance to get to know him better.

"Hey, Scarlet! How's it going?"

"Hey, Night! You ready to win this one for the Documents department?" Static asked extending his hoof for a hoof bump.

Smiled when she came in..or rather continued smiling, it was nice to see ponies already here and excited.

"oooooH is that your new ball Static!?!" Maple asked as she came over. Eyes all big and round as she admired the piece.

"Even Static," Scarlet called in reply to the yellow Earth pony. "Its not been too bad today. Solving puzzles, hunting mysteries. Building a jewelled stand for the Amethyst Astrolabe, that,was fun. Its nice to be back at the Keep. More or less," he added under his breath.

As Night Cap entered, Scarlet turned to look, expecting to see a the 'dead on his feet' tired pony Snowy had described. And was therefore quite surprised to see him looking...remarkably conscious. At Static oath of victory, Scarlet had to grin.

"Provocatio Accepta! Your victory will not be easily won this night," he proclaimed in suitable melodramatic tones. Adding ! in a more natural tone of voice. "The Antiques and Restoration department is taking this."

Then he looked down at his rental ball.

Ugh. I really need to get one of my own at some point. Like, maybe in a week when i'm more settled in.

"Uh oh! Shots fired!" Static teased Scarlet. "Have at you then! You know not the terrors that we..." Static glanced at Night Cap, "that I had to face under the vile wings of the notorious Stiff Feather. We...do...not...TREMBLE!"

<_<

"Too much?"

Static smiled as Maple came in. "Yeah, that it!" he said proudly. "It'll be the first time using it. Can't wait!"

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Maple booped it with her hoof ... it felt solid and strong - but it was new, untested in battle. Taking out her own Mostly white ball with it's matching leaf Cutiemark. Maple held it up next to Static's and then began speaking out of the side of her mouth.

'hello there young feller, nice to see so new faces - don't feel bad if you loose, and go easy on us old warhorses if you win.'
"Oh come on now Mr. Rollie, this is going to be fun." She gave her ball a side-long glance and then rolled her eyes for the benefit of her co-workers.

Scarlet simply chuckled.

"So sure of your skill are you? Well then. Either i commiserate you on your totsl defeat. Or you and Night Cap will commiserate me on my defeat, should i fail to perform. Let us battle!"

Listening to Maple and her "Mr. Rollie" talk to Static ball, Scarlet raised both eyebrows.

"Snowy really did describe all to a tee," he murmured softly.

Static put a fake exaggerated panicked look on his face. "Snowy? What did he say about me? Lies! All lies!"

Plaid Paisley set down his hay shake and waved thothers with a, "Hey heeey everypony, glad to see you made it! Hope you're ready to lose to the Marketing Department." "Yes, we're going to beat the pants off you. Oh look, you already aren't wearing pants because we're just that good!"

"Pants? What are those?" Misty asks, having just arrived.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Static was likewise baffled at the strange idiom used by Bold Standard. "I...have no clue, Misty. I guess the Marketing Department is so insecure about their bowling talent they have to start making up words to make their trash talk sound impressive."

"That's okay, Bold Standard. You don't need to make words up to impress us. Just scrounge up what bowling talent you can and maybe we'll be impressed...maybe."

"During our little jaunt in Nightmare Heights, i asked Snowy for a rundown of the current team membrrs. His responde was highly animated. And thus far, almost entirely accurate. If you want to know more, ask Snowy." Giving a knowing smile, Scarlet turned to Night Cap.

Autographs? Heh, if only he knew.

"I think we can save any signings far another day. For now..." Trailing off, he looking over to the Marketing ponies, and the boasts of almost certain victory.

"I can not allow my department to lose to Marketing. I'd never live it down. Also," he added under his breath, "Steel Flint would exact some terrifying punishment on me for returning to the Keep only to fail my new boss.

So then. How about we team out ppr teams up to stop Marketing. What do you say?

This night should be fun!"

"Nah, I was just kidding. Snowy's rather good at nailing pony's personalities. I'm sure whatever he said was dead center. Also, I tend not to hold any secrets from my friends. So feel free to ask me anything. Of course, I bet Snowy already told you that too...or something similar."

[Okay! Too serious. Lighten the mood.]

"As far as teaming up to bring down marketing? You realize that any team ups you make will inevitably lead to betrayal. Only one department can win. And I intend on that being the Documents Department!"

[Please don't do the allons-y thing again! I hate it when you do the allons-y thing.]

"Allons-y!"

"You don't know what....I see. You're using those tricky mind games to throw us off!" "Don't worry, we'll get 'em. So, what have you ponies been up to today?"

"Well, I'm not sure if you noticed that large wolf that was hanging out around the front of the Keep earlier? Ms. Iron had me interview her. Actually quite the nice lady. I hope to see her again," Static says as casually as though interviewing a wolf the size of a building was no big thing.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
"Really? I missed it but that sounds kinda interesting. Did you sell her anything?"

do they honestly not know about pants? Maple was stunned the part about a giant wolf sailed right over her.

"She...didn't quite fit into the souvenir shop. We had a mutual exchange of friendship and the hopes of continued good relations in the future...if you want to put a price tag on that sort of thing."

"One of the best prices around." "Yes indeed!"

"It's Worth All The Bits!" Maple says, smiling over to Misty. Whom maple was now picturing in different styles of pants

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Static smiled and nodded his assent. If they were holding drinks, he would've given a huzzah and a cheers.

He saw Maple looking Misty over. "Interesting cutie mark?"

"what..yes,...no I...Maple mumbles before coming out of her fashion show day dream.

*puh fuh kuh.* Maple stammers exasperatedly

"They're all interesting... I was just trying to think of what style of pants might look best on her..." Maple replied.

Static grinned. "Gotcha!"

"So pants are a thing you wear? Are they like hats?"

Rhapsody grins faintly and shakes her head. "Oh look at you. "I'm supposed to be dead." Maybe you need to take your own advice before trying to force it down on another. Otherwise, you're just a hypocrite and just as bad as you claim me to be. Come talk to me again, when I'm dealing with someone who's actually alive and then try to tell me what to do. I've got no interest talking into some dead, or undead, pony." she replies with morose chuckle.

Snowy can't help but think that they stopped conversing a long time ago. At this point they're either communicating on a different level, or not at all. "You're showing emotions again. So that's progress." He remarks.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
"In yhe sense that there are many different styles of pants," Scarlet said. He wasn't entirely sure how they'd gotten on to the subject of pants, but decided to roll with it.

"You wear them on youtpr body, not your head though," he said with a chuckle. Looking back at Static, Scarlet nodded.

"There's no need for betrayal here my friend. I advocate only a professional, interdepartmental cooperation in order to defeat Marketing. Once thats done, we simply play until the best Department wins.

And yeah, Snowy told me all about how you wear your heart on your metaphorical sleeve,"

"Yeah, I do tend to do that. It's led to several...interesting...meetings in Ms. Iron's office. I'm sure you'll see for yourself before too long."

"Well, in the interests of defeating Marketing..."
Static looks over to Night Cap, "I'm game if you are."

"As long as everyone has fun." Maple grinned,

"I hope I can hit some pins this time!"

"I'm sure you'll have some good rolls this time Misty."

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Rhapsody grins faintly and shakes her head. "Oh look at you. "I'm supposed to be dead." Maybe you need to take your own advice before trying to force it down on another. Otherwise, you're just a hypocrite and just as bad as you claim me to be. Come talk to me again, when I'm dealing with someone who's actually alive and then try to tell me what to do. I've got no interest talking into some dead, or undead, pony." she replies with morose chuckle.
Snowy can't help but think that they stopped conversing a long time ago. At this point they're either communicating on a different level, or not at all. "You're showing emotions again. So that's progress." He remarks.

"Well now that you've accomplished your goal, maybe you can be on your way then? I'm sure we both got better things to do then annoy each other." Rhapsody retorts with a huff.

Spoiler

Bold Standard waved the others in closer. "Gather around everypony. While waiting to get started, I have an announcement to make. I've been planning on making a comic book and I'm looking for feedback."

Static tried to act interested in this comic book. But the truth was the entire industry was beginning to grate on his nerves. Comics used to have self contained stories. You could buy a single issue and sure, it would be a continuation from before and it would continue in the next month. But every issue also used to be self contained stories.

Now not only did you have to buy every issue to keep up on a story, you had to buy several different series: X-Pone, Uncanny X-Pone, Incredible X-Pone, Extreme X-Pone, The All New X-Pone...

Where it did stop? It had become abundantly clear that the whole comic industry had been more and more about milking every last bit out of the audience while delivering less and less content. It had been a long time since Static could reallly find it in himself to care about it.

So he could only hope his lack of enthusiasm didn't show too much as he put on his best face and asked "Really? What's it going to be about?"

"Oh boy, I love comic books!" Misty exclaims.

Rhapsody grins faintly and shakes her head. "Oh look at you. "I'm supposed to be dead." Maybe you need to take your own advice before trying to force it down on another. Otherwise, you're just a hypocrite and just as bad as you claim me to be. Come talk to me again, when I'm dealing with someone who's actually alive and then try t! o tell me what to do. I've got no interest talking into some dead, or undead, pony." she replies with morose chuckle.

"Well now that you've accomplished your goal, maybe you can be on your way then? I'm sure we both got better things to do then annoy each other." Rhapsody retorts with a huff.

Spoiler

Snowy sighs, and his visage melts away to reveal the form of Amber Spark. "Yes, I suppose I should go." Unlike his previous attempt to create Rhapsody's family, Snowy's Amber impression is simply perfect. The voice, the face, the stance, even the way she instinctively pushes up glasses that hadn't been present a moment ago is all just as Rhapsody remembers it. "I had hopes that I could accomplish more, but it seems that I, er, underestimated you. One would expect that I would have stopped doing that by now." Amber gives Rhapsody the same apologetic look that she had seen so much when they had first met, and Amber had accidentally insulted just about everypony in the room. "Goodbye, then." Snowy-as-Amber turns and walks out the door. He doesn't look back, but he does keep his ears pricked for any signs that he's suddenly made a deeper impact.

Spoiler

"OOOOOOH MY GOSH!" this night just keeps getting better.

Scarlet was, unbeknownst to him, thinking along similar lines to Static. At least in the sense that a lot of modern comics seem predicated on big, far-reaching, multi-issue mega-events. Said mega-evemts weren't necessarily a bad thing in end of themselves. The problems lay in the companies choice to have said events happen more and more often, as well as require you to buy into multiple series as the main story behind said event jumped from one series to the next.

Still, he would give Bold Standard the benefit of the doubt, since they didn't even know what type of comic it would be.

As Static beat him to the punch on that question, Scarlet could only nod his agreement.

"Indeed. Will it be a single protagonist, or team based? Detective Noir, Dashing Adventures, or Superheroes? Or something else entirely."

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Just then, Melon Hide quietly walked into the bowling alley and headed towards the other Keep employees.

"Hello Mr. Hide! ... apparently two of the other departments are planning to team up to keep Marketing from winning... want to make it fair and see if they want us to help them even the field?" Maple Smirked at everyone... her devious side showing briefly.

Static turned an exaggerated hurt expression towards Maple. "Betrayal!"

Scarlets mouth dropped open as Maple sided with Marketing.

"And just when things seemed to be going well too."

Turning to the shocked Static, he whispered. "Maybe they bribed her with yhe promise of "Maplejacks Candy Corner". Otpr agreed to downplay an exhibit she didn't like?"

Static nodded as Scarlet whispered to him. "No matter. They're going down!"

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Maple look a little sheepish at first since her friends reacted so poorly to the idea before Mr. Hide could answer...

"they have asked me about a few things... but that was a while ago and um... it was about Miss Sweet's store not my own one..." Maple put her wings over her face so no pony could see the tears well up.

Melon Hide walked over and reassuringly patted Maplejack on the back. "While there are times to cry...believe me, I know...do you think the Masked Mystery Mare would cry at a challenge? I'm sure we'll crush the other teams. Probably."

Scarlet walked over to Maple, extending a wing to lightly tap her on the head.

"Don't take any of this that seriously little miss. We're all here to have fun aren't we? Competitive backchat isn't meant to cause tears."

Leaning down to look her in the eyes, he added in his best "deep evil voice".

"But you have sided with the Marketeers, So cheer up or i shall destroy you!" All of which was said with a smile and a twinkle in his eye.

Looking up at Melon Hide.

"I don't believe we've been properly introduced. I'm Scarlet Spectrum. Now lets go have some fun. Winner buys the drinks."

Static stood perplexed as the tears started to well up in Maple's eyes. He was about to say something reassuring when Scarlet beat him to it.

When all was said and done, he wrapped a reassuring hoof around Maple in a hug. "May the best department win!"

"i don't want to betray anypony else."

else?

Maple blinked out her tears and smiled. It was time for fun, save the bad thoughts for later

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
"Uh...Maple? It's...just a game. It's bowling. We were all just trash talking. I don't think anyone's taking it that serioously." Static gave Maple a boop on the nose. "C'mon. Let's just go have some fun!"

*sniffles*

"Do you think I could really get them to hide the wax Princesses though?" Maple asked, coming back around to happy thoughts.

"I...uhh..." Static gave a helpless shrug.

Scarlet looked down at Maple, completely nonplussed.

"Hide the wax Princesses... Why? Whats wrong with them?"

Static leaned over to speak in a hushed tone to Scarlet. "She's not too fond of the princesses. She's kind of an amnesiac, so I'm not sure if even she knows why. Me? Total Luna fan."

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
In equally hushed tones, Scarlet replied.

"Really? That is unfortunate about Maple, on all counts. As for me, it would most likely be Luna or Celestia, though Cadence does have a lovely voice."

"I don't know how I keep forgetting there's more than the original two!"

Spoiler

Maple couldn't make out what Mr. Scarlet and Static were whispering about over the other noises in the bowling alley... But Static's face had that

"I'm talking about Luna" look to it... so Maple guessed he was explaining that she wasn't fond of the princesses.

she probably should stop thinking about them... she didn't want to have the bad dream again tonight

"I didn't know you were working on a comic." Chain Better said. "Well, it's just in the planning stages right now. I usually work on it during lunch break.

Alright, it's about a crystal pony superhero named Sparkling Griddle who uses a magic cast iron skillet to fight the forces of evil. I'm still working on the right design for her outfit and cape but I do have her heroic catchphrase planned out. Ahem, 'Taste BREAKFAST evildoer!'" "Hmm. It's a start though you'll probably want a good lead in to the catchphrase, at least the first time. How about this...

'You! You who so chooses to commit wicked acts upon other ponies. I shall not allow your cruel tyranny to infect the countertop of society! Since you refuse to halt your coldhearted ways, you leave me no choice. Justice is a dish best served burning hot so, TASTE BREAKFAST EVILDOER!' " "Oh my, oh wow! Tying the catchphrase to burning justice sounds great. I have some villain and story ideas to go over but anypony have suggestions or questions so far?"

"Does she have a Special somepony who may or may not know her secret identity? What about a plucky sidekick? ...OOO OOOOH Side-dish!" Maple asked, beaming again thanks to this shiny new distraction.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
"I think it's a great idea. In fact, it makes me want to eat breakfast right now!"

"Sounds like a plan to me.

I like your comic idea Bold Stamdard. Its quirky and original. A breakfast based badass certainly hasn't been done before, as far as i know."

"I think these places usually have a small concession stand," Static said. He was kinda torn.

On the one hoof, he couldn't be less interested in a comic character who goes up against groups of enemies with nothing but a frying pan. It wasn't quite the same as the real life hero pony dressing up as a bat that had a slew of gadgets...or the other comic series with a team that had pony that had blades come out of his hoofs, one that shot beams out of his eyes, one who controlled the weather. And this pony's idea of excitement was a frying pan?

He would love any excuse to go to the concession stand with Night Cap.

Still, he was a creator himself and knew full well the thrill of having something he made recognized. This was something Bold Standard had obviously put his heart into and he didn't want to be rude by just dismissing it out of hoof.

He turned his attention back to Bold Standard. "Instead of just a frying pan, how about an assortment of weapons? Maybe a frying pan for upclose, a toaster as a projectile weapon, a waffle iron that can be used as a trap for the evil doers to walk into."

It was still rough...and it would take a lot to sell the idea. But heck! It was just in the rough stages. These were things that could be ironed out.

Spoiler

"Perhaps." Snowy acknowledges. He draws two slips of paper out of what certainly didn't look like a pocket of his saddle bag. "These are tickets to Sterling Strings' concert next week. Living like an ascetic for months has had some monetary benefits, as it turns out. I am leaving one..." He slips the ticket between two sheets of paper on her desk. "Here with you. It's a large venue, you wouldn't even have to see me, let alone talk to me. But think about going." He resists the urge to bow before walking out the door.

Rhapsody looks over to Snowy as he talks and gives a nod to him. "We'll see." She says simple as he makes his way out of the door. She waits several moments while doing more of her needless busywork, before finally going over to the ticket and looking it over. A subtle grin creeps across her face before slipping it into her bag to take home later.

---

Rhapsody arrived how after a long day, setting her stuff down, and putting the ticket away so it wouldn't get lost. Afterwards she makes herself a quick dinner before heading down into the basement. Snowy was right, she needed to unwind... and well what better way to unwind then beating up some criminal scum and making the city safer for everyone? She makes her change over to her alternate identity of Black Night, and heads out the hidden exit back out into the city; leaving an annoyed brown bat to clean up after her...

Snowy was quietly hoping he would hear something from Rhapsody on the way out, but he wasn't surprised when he didn't. He didn't feel that this had been too productive, but only time would tell. In the meantime, he had a herd of schoolchildren to extract from the catacombs below the Keep...

Snowy stepped into the break room with his usual lunch in hand, brushing the last of the soot from his mane. He hadn't met many great unicorn mages, but that foal had shown great strength and courage, defending his friends from the "attacker" that had rounded the corner when Snowy found them. It had been quite the experience, and he had learned a lot. Namely, that foals always manage to stray from their teacher on field trips. It's a good thing the catacombs were kept safe.

He quietly measures his appearance in the window. He had washed the soot out, but he still had that bruise from Rhapsody's strike on his stomach. He could cover it with an illusion, or...He quietly walks back out the break room's side exit, then back through it to make certain everything lines up right. Satisfied that the story will look believable, he swings a hoof at a nearby chair, amplifying the sound to a proper ruckus of clanging and clattering. He promptly follows this up with a string of curses, collapsing to the ground and clutching his stomach. He continues, patiently waiting for an audience, and eventually accepts that the entire ruse was for nothing. Still, it made lying easier.

Spoiler
Snowy walks into the bowling alley, unobtrusive as ever. His only sign of his weary morning is the bruise on his belly, partly concealed by his legs. He goes to the rental counter and picks up his custom ball, mutely contemplating the cutie mark engraved on the side. After today's conversation, he was beginning to regret that decision, but at least the colors came together well. "I don't suppose there's a way to get change the engraving?" He asks the pony at the counter, sounding resigned. "Not tonight, obviously, but by next week?"

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Spoiler

"With the way engravings are done, I'm afraid not. You'd have to buy a brand new ball. I guess you could get a discount for being a repeat purchaser."

Black Night flew over the city, scouring for any sign of the criminal element. All was quiet until she spotted...him. The criminal with the treadmill contraption who eluded her previously was now lurking around a back alley.

Snowy sighs. "I'll think about it." He hefts the ball in his magic, finds it surprisingly light, and walks up to the group.

He turned his attention back to Bold Standard. "Instead of just a frying pan, how about an assortment of weapons? Maybe a frying pan for upclose, a toaster as a projectile weapon, a waffle iron that can be used as a trap for the evil doers to walk into."

"I have eavesdropped on a LOT of conversations over the years, and I don't think I've ever heard such a bizarre out-of-context phrase."

Static sighs and facehoofs as he turns to Snowy. "Totally out of context. I'm not sure how much better it sounds in cont...yikes! What happened to you?"

As the talk of Bol Standards Culinary Crusader continued, Scarlet couldn't help a micheveous grin spread acrosd his face.

"I've got another catchphrase you could your hero say. How about... 'Going Crispy! Bad Guys are History!'"

Honestly, as eccentric as Bold Standards idea was, Scarlet liked it. In an age when so many comics were played aa 'deadly serious', 'gritty', and 'grounded', it was fun to talk about one that so obviously meant to be Fun!

At Static exclamation, Scarlet looked over to see Snow walk up. A rather bruised Snowy.

"Cripes Snowy! What hit you?"

Snowy grimaces. "You know that raised step in the backdoor to the Keep? The one that has no business being there? Well, after two straight months of remembering it, it caught me at lunch, and I flew. Almost as far as you did, Static, but fortunately I caught myself. With my stomach. On a chair." His grimace deepens, and he resists the urge to rub the spot. It was too bad talking about the foals might put his job in jeopardy, it would have been a great distraction.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Static winces. "Dang, Snowy! Between that and the dinosaur incident, it's like that museum is out to get you."

Snowy shrugs. "I blame the universe, more than the Keep."

Misty gives a concerned look. "Gosh, Snowy! You gotta take it easy!"

"I...almost want to ask if you're okay bowling, but somehow you don't strike me as one to let a few bruised ribs get in your way." Static winces as he sees the design on Snowy's ball. "And it looks like you probably want to get as much luck into that thing as quickly as possible"

"Would you like Night Cap or I to have a look at it?" Maple asks, as she pulls her med kit out of her hair.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Snowy shakes his head. "If something was properly wrong with it, I'd know. I'm just going to carry on carrying on." That seemed like a sufficient response to everything, even Static's comments about his ball. "Now can someone please explain to me how this whole discussion of frying pans and weaponized toasters arose?"

"Ms. Standard here is in the process of creating a new comic. I think I'll just let her tell you the premise."

"As Static said, it's for a comic book. It's about a crystal pony superhero named Sparkling Griddle who uses a magic cast iron skillet to fight the forces of evil and whose catchphrase is 'TASTE BREAKFAST EVILDOER!' Some feedback was given to which I have a clarification and a reply. The first is that it's a magical cast iron skillet so it can do different things. I should have better clarified that. It can spontaneously cook up dishes with different effects, plus it's indestructable so it can be used for things like tennis racketing power blasts back at enemies or scooping up dangerous substances. Trying to figure out the right balance between her powers and limits. Like...Mistress Marevelous' magic lasso in the Power Ponies. There's a base of what she can do and how she can use it creatively. That said, Static had an interesting idea with sometimes having additional tools for special situations. I like the waffle iron the best. The crosshatch that crushes criminality! And think, that means there's so many ideas for toys..." Bold Standard seemed to stare absently as she contemplated marketing strategies.

Black Night flew over the city, scouring for any sign of the criminal element. All was quiet until she spotted...him. The criminal with the treadmill contraption who eluded her previously was now lurking around a back alley.

Black Night dropped down into the alley. "Well now, pleasant surprise seeing you here." She states as she walks up behind the stallion. "So, shall we do this the easy way, and you jet tell me why you're skulking about this alley, or the hard way where I get to beat it out of you? Personally, I'm hoping for option b, because I REALLY want to hit something today..."

As Bold Standard drifts off into contemplating marketing strategies, Static glances from one pony to the next. "Aaaaaaaand we lost her!"

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The villain replied to Black Night with, "What if I pick option C where I go on about my business instead of telling you about the big meeting I'm going to.

Uh oh."

Black Night grins. "Option C is the same as option B, in fact any option that isn't A, is Option B. Like I said, I REALLY REALLY want to hit something today. So lets make this very very simple. Either tell me everything about the meeting, or hope your health insurance is up to date." She says and for emphasis slams her hoof into a brick wall, making a notable dent into it.

Spoiler

Scarlet raised an eyebrow as Snowy explained his little accident. From what little he knew of the Unicorn, Scarlet couldn't help thinking that the explanation, while plausible enough, didn't quite fit the fast thinking, skillful illusionist. Sure, everypony had off days, but he had a hard time accepting that the pony who bested the Windigoes and Barometz in a battle of wits, would forget a step?

Still, he had no reason or right to question Snowy on this. Whatever the truth may be, he would not pry.

"So long as you're alright and up to bowling, thats good."

Eyeing the now daydreaming Bold Stand ard, Scarlet chuckles.

"Off on an adventure as the Crytaline Culinary Crusader I'll bet., he said with a smile.

"Was no pony supposed to know Mr. Night Cap? I'm Sorry." Maple, couldn't even remember who had told her about it..it wasn't long after they returned from the last Stomp mission... had she had a meeting with the director...? oh bother.

"Looks like there's a few of us learning a new skill set. Congratulations, Night. I'm sure you'll do fine."

[Rhapsody's going to freak when she finds out Night Cap's going to be the new medic!]

[Her life in Night Cap's hooves? Nah! Can't imagine that being a problem for her.]

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
"Case assortments with chase variants...
Villains...

Oh right, villains! Trying to plan out various villains but I do have her archnemesis, Onyx Prism! A shadowy pegasus who flies around spreading her Rainbow of Darkness to change ponies evil and then eventually they turn into monstrous beasts. This would be a way to set up other villains before the final confrontation and to show our hero can defeat some enemies without hurting them since most of them are innocent. And then, when the final confrontation happens, all the best sound ef! fects can happen like 'BAM!' 'POW!' 'BEFRIEND!'. I don't know what a 'Befriend' sound effect would sound like but it's the most important since a reformed Onyx Prism could then spread good rainbows to turn everypony back."

The treadmill villain gulped and trembled in response. "Well, a big meeting was called. They wouldn't tell us the details but I did find out that most there have bought from Tipsy Tulip. The door is guarded and they check who enters to see if they're on the list but one regular mentioned that there's some way to sneak in through the roof and hide in the rafters. Oh, and I hear that Rough Carmine is supposed to there so this must be pretty serious."

"I'M SURE YOU'LL PASS IT!" Maple said, moving over to give Night Cap a hug.

[A rainbow of darkness that turns innocent ponies into monsters? This thing keeps getting more and more preposterous!]

Static could barely keep a straight face.

"What about allies?"

Snowy didn't find Bold Standard nearly as amusing as Static, namely because her speech patterns were making his head spin again. plan flies set up final show important..."I'm going to go watch the door for Dusty and the other late arrivals." He says, looking queasy.

Static narrows his eyes making sure to make it conspicuous to the others.. Snowy's moody...again. On the good side, it gave him a better excuse to get out of the conversation than "I'm hungry."

"Excuse me. I better check on him."
Static excuses himself and follows after Snowy. "Whether it was your intent or not, thanks for giving me an excuse for getting out of there. I don't think I could've kept a straight face for one minute longer. Soooooo, something's bothering you."

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Black Night nods some and took a step forward. "And where and when exactly is the meeting being held?" She asks as she recalls what she knows about Rough Carmine.

Spoiler

"Turning ponies into evil monsters? Oooh, that sounds pretty scary!" Misty stops and thinks about Bold Standard's sound effect quandary. "Hmm, a befriend sound effect... that's gotta be something like a 'pshewww!' with lots of pink hearts, doesn't it?" She moves her hoof around, imitating a small explosion to go with the 'pshewww.'

Static narrows his eyes making sure to make it conspicuous to the others.. Snowy's moody...again. On the good side, it gave him a better excuse to get out of the conversation than "I'm hungry."

"Excuse me. I better check on him." Static excuses himself and follows after Snowy. "Whether it was your intent or not, thanks for giving me an excuse for getting out of there. I don't think I could've kept a straight face for one minute longer. Soooooo, something's bothering you."

Snowy chuckles. "Sooner or later, I'll have to get used to ponies paying attention to my mood. It's mostly just Bold Standard. The way she talks is just..." He shivers. "It sounds like she's trying to tell me something, subconsciously, and I can't hear it. I makes me nauseous." He shakes his head. "That's not all, though. There's this, too." He hefts the bowling ball in his magic, appreciative of his newfound ability to do so. "I'm thinking of replacing it the emblem with a pair of thorny wooden antlers." He was suddenly struck by the powerful urge to tell Static what had happened with Rhapsody, and an equally powerful wish that nobody would mention her all night. It was easiest to just stay silent.

Black Night recalled that Rough Carmine had been quite good at keeping information about himself scarce. Rarely seen, it was known that he and the thieves who worked for him had been slowly moving their territory southward the past few years and he had been cultivating an air of mystery about him. Many rumors abounded about magical abilities but it was known that he wasn't a unicorn. What was known was that he liked acting as a guide to local criminals to areas he passed through...provided that he get a cut of the earnings from their improved crimes. "It...it's the last door on the left."

Black Night recalled that Rough Carmine had been quite good at keeping information about himself scarce. Rarely seen, it was known that he and the thieves who worked for him had been slowly moving their territory southward the past few years and he had been cultivating an air of mystery about him. Many rumors abounded about magical abilities but it was known that he wasn't a unicorn. What was known was that he liked acting as a guide to local criminals to areas he passed through...provided that he get a cut of the earnings from their improved crimes. "It...it's the last door on the left."

"Good to know." She says, mentally noting that there was no time to alert the police, so much for a nice little raid... But then that would have been too easy, and she certainly didn't want that, least not tonight. "Now Goodnight." She says and quickly knocks out the informant, lest he rat her out to the others, and quickly hides his body out of sight after restraining him. He'll likely wake up later with a headache, but she did go easy on him for spilling his guts to her. Once that was done she flies up to the roof tops and makes her ways across them in the shadows til she gets to the roof the one the meeting is in and looks for the way in.

Spoiler

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
"You and Rhapsody," Static mutters. "It almost makes me feel guilty that me and Anchors are working out so well...almost."

Static shrugged helplessly. "I dunno, Snowy. I mean, from highschool, I know what it's lke to have a filly play around with your emotions because she sees you as a means to an end. But that's hardly the same thing. I would suggest you and Rhapsody should really get together and talk things out since you're both kinda in the same place..." Static winces "But Rhapsody's been in such a foul mood ever since Amber left...like...worse than usual even. I doubt it's a good idea for anypony to try and talk to her."

Static turns his gaze to the bowling ball. "I dunno. Part of me says you should keep it because it's important to have reminders of those we held dear that are now gone." He takes a deep breath. "The overwhelming majority of me wouldn't blame you if you wanted to chunk that into the dumpster right now and go with a rental for tonight."

As Snowy wonders off, followed shortly by Static, Scarlets curiosity and worry battle with his choice not to pry into things that are not his business. And yet, Snowy has been a fast friend. Slowly, Scarlet walks over, arriving judt as Static stops speaking.

"Are you sure you're ok Snowy?"

Maple nods at Night Cap.

"No Problem." she says, with a warm smile.

"You and Rhapsody," Static mutters. "It almost makes me feel guilty that me and Anchors are working out so well...almost."

Static shrugged helplessly. "I dunno, Snowy. I mean, from highschool, I know what it's lke to have a filly play around with your emotions because she sees you as a means to an end. But that's hardly the same thing. I would suggest you and Rhapsody should really get together and talk things out since you're both kinda in the same place..." Static winces "But Rhapsody's been in such a foul mood ever since Amber left...like...worse than usual even. I doubt it's a good idea for anypony to try and talk to her."

Static turns his gaze to the bowling ball. "I dunno. Part of me says you should keep it because it's important to have reminders of those we held dear that are now gone." He takes a deep breath. "The overwhelming majority of me wouldn't blame you if you wanted to chunk that into the dumpster right now and go with a rental for tonight."

As Snowy wonders off, followed shortly by Static, Scarlets curiosity and worry battle with his choice not to pry into things that are not his business. And yet, Snowy has been a fast friend. Slowly, Scarlet walks over, arriving judt as Static stops speaking.

Snowy is thankful for a conversational out. "It's mostly just the way Bold Standard talks. You can hear it, right?"

"It's okay, I got this!" Static muttered.

"It's mostly just the way Bold Standard talks. You can hear it, right?"

Static hangs his head.

[Well, there goes that moment!]

[These redheaded pegasi are going to be the end of me.]

"She does tend to place the emphasis on some pretty random words when she speaks."

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
"She does seem to have an odd way of stressed certains words. Like she's mentally capitalizing them."

Under his breath, Scarlet whispered to Static.

"Sorry, i was concerned."

"You make great sound effects Misty! and yes... for sure pink hearts, its so cute!"

Snowy winces slightly as Static tries to emulate Bold Standard, but some of his good humor returns at Scarlett's actions. Though he can't quite make out what's being said, Scarlett wasn't particularly subtle about saying it, and it's not hard to guess. Instead of saying anything, he just raises his eyebrows and twitches his ears at the pegasus.

Static looked back at Snowy's ball. "So why antlers? I mean, I understand why you went for it's current design. But why antlers?"

After careful investigation, Black Night discovered the maintenance door for the ventilation system. Some buildings in the city had things setup so pegasi or some ponies with special gear could enter a building through the roof or window. And it seems like the last maintenance pony put the padlock on but was too careless to actually lock it.

"Yeah, that sounds like a great sound effect." "Well, look who we have here." "Oh no..." Two stallions walked up Melon Hide from the other side of the bowling alley. One was tall and muscular while the other was thin and mangy. "We haven't seen you in a while." "Pretty sure that's on purpose."

Just then, Wingston Blues and Dusty Winds walked in the door of the bowling alley and waved hello to Static Signal, Snowy Skies, and Scarlet Spectrum.

Top Bottom