Transformers Legacy toyline

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
I'm really not into all the bickering, I'd just like to reregister my hope that Nemesis turns into Tidal Wave. . . . .

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Was your use of the > sign your way of saying each of the Decepticon Titans are better than their Autobot counterparts? Because I actually agree with this sentiment, minus the yet as unseen Nemesis.

I think that’s part of my frustration with Cybertron Metroplex. Besides a lack of attachment to the character/show, I’ve felt like both Metroplex and Max need a revisiting. Compared to the stellar Trypticon/Scorponok molds, Max/Plex didn’t feel…right. I was hoping this Titan Plex might have addressed some of those issues.

Which is why I asked about your usage of the > sign.
It was indeed.

Basically saying that so far, the Decepticon Titans have to date been better than their direct Autobot counterparts, where applicable (and whether Omega Supreme and Devastator count as direct counterparts here is another debate entirely), which in my estimation means things look good for the Nemesis when compared to the Ark.

Also, purple griffin: Alt-mode or Mainframe counterpart?

Actually, maybe that should be the robot mode...

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
The DK-40 Upgrade Kit contains a selection of new and improved accessories and attachments that are compatible with Transmetal II Megatron (sold separately).

Product Features

• Third party upgrade
• Made of plastic
• Compatible with Transmetal II Megatron
• An array of accessories and weapons for customizing
• Transmetal II Megatron figure not included (sold separately)

Box Contents

• Chest piece
• 3 Heads
• Head top
• Hand
• 2 Tail extensions
• Crown piece

Image of DNA Design DK-40 Legacy Transmetal II Megatron Upgrade Kit (15)__scaled_800.jpg
Image of DNA Design DK-40 Legacy Transmetal II Megatron Upgrade Kit (14)__scaled_800.jpg
Image of DNA Design DK-40 Legacy Transmetal II Megatron Upgrade Kit (13)__scaled_800.jpg
Image of DNA Design DK-40 Legacy Transmetal II Megatron Upgrade Kit (12)__scaled_800.jpg
Image of DNA Design DK-40 Legacy Transmetal II Megatron Upgrade Kit (11)__scaled_800.jpg

SeeveeRay

I'll get better someday, hopefully.
Citizen
Scorponok and Trypticon are my favorite two Titans. I also think Predaking and Devastator (Takara version) are among the best ones. All four are Decepticons. But Omega Supreme is the best Autobot Titan, and one of the best Titans in general.

Something I've been pondering is the future of the Titan class. The choices are running out. I was unenthusiastic to get the Ark as a Titan, but I understood that they were running short on characters to use for the class. I was pleased enough with the Ark anyway (wish he had more neck articulation, though). So I think Nemesis will be fine so that Ark can have his... Nemesis.

But what could be next? Tidal Wave (I hope so)? Liokaiser (YES PLEASE)? Animated Omega Supreme (please do this and do it right)? A Primus? Another try at Fort Max? I would have suggested Optimal Optimus, but they made TMII Megatron too small to fight a Titan Optimal. (Optimal's size was inconsistent on the show anyway... He shrank over time)

Oh, wait... Of course. How silly of me. GRANDUS. Problem solved for at least one line. Japanese G1 to the rescue again. :3

...Can we get a Violen Jiger that splits into the three bug monsters or is that way too obscure even if they run out of other Titan candidates? ;P

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Scorponok and Trypticon are my favorite two Titans. I also think Predaking and Devastator (Takara version) are among the best ones. All four are Decepticons. But Omega Supreme is the best Autobot Titan, and one of the best Titans in general.

Something I've been pondering is the future of the Titan class. The choices are running out. I was unenthusiastic to get the Ark as a Titan, but I understood that they were running short on characters to use for the class. I was pleased enough with the Ark anyway (wish he had more neck articulation, though). So I think Nemesis will be fine so that Ark can have his... Nemesis.

But what could be next? Tidal Wave (I hope so)? Liokaiser (YES PLEASE)? Animated Omega Supreme (please do this and do it right)? A Primus? Another try at Fort Max? I would have suggested Optimal Optimus, but they made TMII Megatron too small to fight a Titan Optimal. (Optimal's size was inconsistent on the show anyway... He shrank over time)

Oh, wait... Of course. How silly of me. GRANDUS. Problem solved for at least one line. Japanese G1 to the rescue again. :3

...Can we get a Violen Jiger that splits into the three bug monsters or is that way too obscure even if they run out of other Titan candidates? ;P

Other contenders:

- Primus
- More G1-accurate Metroplex and/or Metrotitan.
- Majin Zarak ( https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Majin_Zarak )
- Omega Sentinel (or other repaints, even ones using pallets from TF Animated Almanac)
- Unicron (at a cheaper price, using the same mold, with less paint?)
- Beast Wars Neo Unicron.
- Other spaceships (Axalon, Junkion ship, Quintesson ship, etc)

Also, if it's about a "titan-esque budget", they could start selling really nice combiners or figures like Victory Saber, either as they are doing now, or via more mainstream routes, such as those for existing Titan Class figures.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Other contenders:
- Unicron (at a cheaper price, using the same mold, with less paint?)

Heh. Hee-ha ha ha.

No.

Not even in bare grey plastic.

That's like saying they could leave the paint off Scorponok and release it as a Deluxe.

He is MUCH too massive to be a Titan.

-ZacWilliam, I mean there are other reasons it'll never be on the table too, but I have to assume you havn't much delt with him in person? Because he's way outta that size class.

Glitch

Citizen
Volcanicus and Earth Wars Overlord.
But which Volcanicus is a quizzie, Cyberverse or a new G1 Volcanicus.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Heh. Hee-ha ha ha.

No.

Not even in bare grey plastic.

That's like saying they could leave the paint off Scorponok and release it as a Deluxe.

He is MUCH too massive to be a Titan.

-ZacWilliam, I mean there are other reasons it'll never be on the table too, but I have to assume you havn't much delt with him in person? Because he's way outta that size class.
From what I've read and seen, he's about the same height as Fort Max. Obviously parts/plastic might be more, but as they've already done the R&D, there might be wiggle room for a slightly simplified version. Who knows? Stranger things have happened.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
I personally would be grateful for another stab at G1 Metroplex. The T30 version has never been my favorite, and it has always bothered me that he dragged Fort Max down with him (though IMO, Fort Max is the better of the two). There is a lot that can be improved upon, but I would like to see more focus on the alt mode and transformation. For example, at $150+, can we maybe see our way to hiding his GIANT HANDS in alt mode? Anyway, yeah, at almost the 10-year mark, I think it's time to revisit Metroplex.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
It would be nice to have a modern transforming city bot that pulled off "city" as well as G1 Metro and Fort Max. Yes, yes they were both more "large building" than city but they did it well, looking good and featuring a ton of play gimmicks for smaller figures in that mode. Both Titan Metroplex and Max feel very half-assed in city mode. Very "What can we fold this big action figure into yoga pose wise and say "good enough."

Both could absolutely be done better.

Although I'll be honest I always prefered Marvel Comics Fort Max where he was more a Commander scale figure at tallest and might even make it in Leader Class.

-ZacWilliam, A better Metro though, a really really better one would be a must buy for me.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I would have suggested Optimal Optimus, but they made TMII Megatron too small to fight a Titan Optimal. (Optimal's size was inconsistent on the show anyway... He shrank over time)

If they revisit Optimal Optimus, I expect he would be a commander class or leader that borrows elements from the POTP desgin, thou I could be wrong

For Titan class, a possible idea for them to go with, is kind of the reverse of the Ark & Nemesis, we have the robot mode but not an alt mode and that be the Autobot that Hound used as a hologram at the end of the ep where the constructicons appeared for the first time, in Heavy Metal War:

This guy:
1672405669573.png

RCX

Citizen
I would buy the shit out of a Titan Halonix Maximus. Even if it transforms into a dogshit spaceship.

Top Bottom