Transformers Legacy toyline

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
From what I've read and seen, he's about the same height as Fort Max. Obviously parts/plastic might be more, but as they've already done the R&D, there might be wiggle room for a slightly simplified version. Who knows? Stranger things have happened.
Unicron is about a head taller (which is still not insignificant at this scale). On the other hand, Fort Max gets his height by being a stack of hollow boxes. He's tall, but very empty for the size. Unicron is much, much denser and heavier.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Unicron's wingspan is also massive, requiring quite a bit of real estate on either side of his body in robot mode. Then there's parts count, engineering, and as TMM mentioned, he's pretty beefy and dense. He's also packaged in a box that is roughly the size of an office mini fridge. So yeah, he's more than just a slightly taller Titan IMO.

Lobjob

Citizen
I know the Ark apes a handful of Marvel G1's Last Autobot's designs, but they could always make an actual Last Autobot that turns in to a ship that normal Transformers could pilot. A series of figures that standard scaled Transformers can interact with might be a cool direction for Titans to head in.

If not, I'd like an Ark that replaces his grey with blue to emulate the Last Autobot just a *little* bit more.

Attachments

• Lastautobottransform.jpg
    Lastautobottransform.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 82

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Unicorn is also barely painted as is. Any less paint and the figure would only be about, like, $10 cheaper than it was. The majority of the figure is already cast in orange, blue, and gray plastic. Very little of it is actually painted.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Not sure who all is left that I'd want Titans of. I can think of (and a lot of these have been mentioned already)
1- Grandus
2- Tidal Wave (wouldn't mind him being a small-but-complex Titan, the way they've been doing the size-class equals complexity figures lately)
3- Countdown's Rocket Base (unfortunately they've kind of spread him out over several different figures to where I think an actual Titan Countdown is out of the question at this point)

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
If you gave me a Titan Slot/Budget and free reign there's a very good chance you'd get:

1) Darkmount with Smelting Pool - Have it transform into a titan robot sure, but mostly for the Ton of play feature potential in "city" mode. Store disassembled weaponizer-type figures in the pit

2) If I got a second year, you'd absolutely get Titan Spanner turning into the Space Bridge. Put working clamps on either end so you can attatch it to span between real pieces of furniture Sky Commanders style.

-ZacWilliam, ah to dream.

Blot

Citizen
It may not come off this way, but Unicron is a whole lot more bulk than the Titan class figures.
Honestly short of seeing Unicron in person (because nothing prepares you for seeing him in person), the closest I've ever seen of images that truly convey how massive he is are the ones in Seibertron's gallery of him.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
It's a shame all of the new titans from Cyberverse didn't have more distinctive designs. Like, they could do Iaconus or Croaton but I wouldn't be particularly excited about them.

The Dweller has some potential, but that's only because they didn't real show much of him. A giant Cthulhu titan could be really cool though.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
There's always Gobots for untapped Titan potential:

•Guardian Command Center
-lean heavily into the walker mode for the robot, starship mode is pretty straight-forward, IF they retain the base mode, recreating the originals stickers is a MUST.

•Renegade Thruster
-give it a proper robot mode. Could be a possible recolor for the Ark.

•Gobotron Fortress
•Roguestar
-stuff built from unobtainium is proven to be suitable for $100+ price points* (*this statement has not been reviewed by the FDA)

•Zod
-reimagined as a kaiju-level threat, Zod could fit as a beast titan

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Honestly short of seeing Unicron in person (because nothing prepares you for seeing him in person), the closest I've ever seen of images that truly convey how massive he is are the ones in Seibertron's gallery of him.
I've only seen one still in the box, but it looked like it could easily crush a small child.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Well, yes-ish? The general concept is correct, but Ultra Zod is more...spindly than I would think a Titan should look? I would maybe go for something with the build of the original Zod, and particularly the face of the original/toy. A dark blue redeco of Trypticon would probably be close enough to serve, and would straddle the Zod/Ultra Zod designs relatively well enough, although it would be cool if they could retool the head to be more Zod-like. (I don't know if Trypticon would even be an option for a redeco at this point, though? Also, Gigastorm seems like the next Trypticon redeco if it would get one)

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
The biggest issue with Gigastorm is that he’s, fundamentally, not THAT a significant a change from Trypticon. Aside from the new head laser cover and some remixed color locations…he still hits about all the same color marks as Trypticon.

That said, a Dinosaurer redeco based on the Gum toy (red, black and silver) might be an interesting angle to look at. Maybe a G1 Volcanicus as a Dinobot fortress or something?

Top Bottom