"Vintage Beast Wars" reissue line

Suspsy

Citizen
Wolfang would indeed be nice. Now how about some more Predacons? Again, Waspinator and Tarantulas would make the most sense, but if those moulds are no longer viable, then how about Jetstorm and Manterror?

Or Retrax?

Fenix Twilight

Citizen
I have part of a Cybershark, wouldn't mind having a whole one.

I remember he got the Transmetal 2 treatment, too, which would go on to greater fame as Sky-byte... meaning that not only could all further iterations of Sky-byte have repaint potential as Cybershark, but this Cybershark re-release could theoretically be repainted into an organic Sky-byte, too!

But I digress. Where I was originally going with that was to say that we've had show characters who got Transmetal/2 forms that were in the show and show characters who got Transmetal/2 forms not in the show, but did we get many other non-show characters like Cybershark who also got Transmetal or other new forms?
I've thought of that too, a non Transmetal Sky-Byte could be neat they could even retool the shark head so he's still a great white, I mean Japan made the cyborg parts for Hellscream and Sharp Edge as a sawshark.

Just Iguanus and Spittor, I think.
Yep those are the only ones, I'll always wonder why they chose those 3.

And Spittor and Claw Jaw were released as Transmetals but they were just repaints shame they didn't even have minor retooling.

Wolfang is (yet another) favorite of mine, but I already have him, but I passed on K-9 back in the day (an odd phase when I passed on a bunch I now regret) and am glad he's being released, but I just thought of attempting a custom with Wolfang and not K-9.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
What would a pre-Transmetal Sky-Byte look like, deco-wise? One of the things that that made the Transmetals 1 and 2 special was that the characters completely changed their decos from their pre-Transmetal forms (sans the isolated exception of Cheetor, who kept a consistency of yellow as his primary color in all forms due to his being a cheetah, though his secondary colors did change and vary with each form), so if that were to be the case for Sky-Byte, his pre-Transmetal deco could literally be colored like anything under the sun, not necessarily white, blue, and yellow like his Metal Beast form.

Last edited:

Fenix Twilight

Citizen
I thought that while I was typing and I have no clue, just look at Cybershark who went from blue and a cream white to grey and green, or Iguanus who shares no colors between his two toys.

But like Cheetor there's really no reason an organic Sky-Byte couldn't still be blue and yellow.

SteveMegatron

Citizen
I have the 10th Anniversary Cheetor and have the same issue. Likely an issue with the reissues than the original from 1996 that I had.

Nevermore

Citizen
I'm looking forward to the reissues of K-9, Wolfgang, and Tigatron.
BW Sourcebook Wolfgang.jpg

LordGigaIce

words pain, funny man
Citizen
I was going to pass on this whole thing. I figured the characters I really wanted all had updated toys. Why go in on the older ones?

But see...I got Optimus Primal for Chanukkah when I was ten and that figure was just awesome. So when I saw that original Ultra mould on the shelf...I just picked it up.

And I love it. The nostalgia is playing a huge role in that but also...damn is this guy toyetic in a way toys just aren't anymore.

SteveMegatron

Citizen
I love that we're getting so much Beast Wars love in the stores even if I don't get it all. Just memories and a lot of fun with show accurate figures and reissues.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So my Tigatron I ordered off of Walmart came in a paper mailer, and the package was completely smashed up. Fortunately the toy inside was in good shape still!

Good thing I am not a MOSC collector, as the last two TFs I have ordered from Walmart have arrived smashed up.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Any of y'all want tigatron? One my local walmarts had about 8 just sitting there, chilling.

Top Bottom