Happy 40th Annaversary Transformers!

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
I wanted to start this on the 1st but um life so here we are

Transformers turns 40 this year and I will be celebrating by turning back the clock a bit we are gonna go old school with a series of old school topics
Reaching back though time and we are gonna rehash a ton of old threads and topics going all the way back to A.T.T
Please feel free to also start your on threads all the fun arguments rants raves lets celebrate 40 years of TF history!

FIBRIB

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Depends on the continuity.

My head canon is neither Rumble nor Frenzy is red.; Frenzy is blue/black like the toy and Rumble is purple/blue like the cartoon; they just take turns being the red one because the Decepticons couldn't tell them apart, bu then they decided it was funnier if they kept swapping.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
But which one is Cyclonus?
IMG_6490.jpeg

Darth_Prime

Citizen
I really wish GI Joe could be as reinventive as Transformers has been. I love ARAH from growing up in he 80's. The opening titles for The Movie is fantastic. Its also been 38 years since my parents have NOT gotten me the USS Flagg for Christmas. Thanks mom and dad. 😂

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
All G.I. Joe had to do was make COD Clone #645754. It would have stood out in the market just for having more colors than brown and grey.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I really wish GI Joe could be as reinventive as Transformers has been. I love ARAH from growing up in he 80's. The opening titles for The Movie is fantastic. Its also been 38 years since my parents have NOT gotten me the USS Flagg for Christmas. Thanks mom and dad. 😂

I don't know if this makes you feel any better but it's been 38 years since my parents DID get me the USS Flagg for Christmas. It spent a year or so on the back porch because it was too large to fit comfortably anywhere in the house. Then they wanted to use the porch so it was disassembled and put in a barrel down the basement where it sat for maybe four or five more years until they thew it out over my objections.

-ZacWilliam, yeah I at least got to play with it for awhile but every time I see it now it hurts to know I owned that once upon a time...

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So, what was the verdict on Sigma 6? Not just when it was active, but over time?

I liked it, and it lasted two seasons, which isn't too bad. I felt like it was a good reinvention, and looking around at comments on YouTube for the intros lately, people who grew up with it seemed fond of it.

I know the toys apparently didn't do too well due to scale, but... well, look where we are now.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
So, what was the verdict on Sigma 6? Not just when it was active, but over time?

I liked it, and it lasted two seasons, which isn't too bad. I felt like it was a good reinvention, and looking around at comments on YouTube for the intros lately, people who grew up with it seemed fond of it.

I know the toys apparently didn't do too well due to scale, but... well, look where we are now.
4Kids definitely made some questionable voice acting choices for Duke and Scarlett, swapping out their actors halfway through season 1 with significantly worse voices that they kept for the remainder of the series. Duke went from sounding like a credible commanding officer to sounding like a dudebro teenager, while Scarlett went from sounding like a competent soldier to a stereotypical southern belle.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen

I didn't like it as I was a fan of the way that they previously had done. They would make a 90 minute CGI straight to DVD film and release 3.75" scale toys for it. I picked up a lot of GI JOE figures in the early to mid-2000s.

Like watch this music video from one of the releases, Valor vs Venom. I still think the song rocks.

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
*smacks everyone on the back of there head* focus people Transformers remember :ROFLMAO:

Darth_Prime

Citizen
I was laughing how this was verying away from Transformers, but good convo is good convo.

From my childhood I had Topspin, Streetwise, Scattershot, Sandstorm, Galvatron and Battletrap. I always remember being frustrated because I knew Scattershot and Streetwise were part of combiners but I couldnt remember who or what they looked like until I was older. I do believe it was tfu.info that helped me out and then the wiki. I remember being excited on a Best Buy trip when I found but the GI Joe (not to keep going down that road) and Transformer movies on DVD. I might have gone to the Pirate Bay back in the day and picked up the G1 series (I have offical copies on DVD now). My kids watch them once and awhile but they love it on rainy days when I pull out a box of CHUG and leg them play.

Top Bottom