Transformers: Reactivate (console MMO)

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
At this rate, more looking forward to the Wha Happun video about the game than the game itself, especially after going this long of pretty much nothing, publicly into a full engine change.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Aren't they just going from Unreal 4 to Unreal 5? That's not an easy task, but it's a much different kettle of fish than, say, going from Unity to Unreal 5.

Actually, I can't find any info on what engine the game was prior to this announcement.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I just got a payment notice for ReActivate Bumblebee and Starscream. While I don’t think they’ll hit before Christmas, before New Years IS quite doable. Guess they will make good on the delivery date.

I ended up cancelling Prime and Soundwave. As much as I dig Prime, I have so many, and there are many more on deck from leaks. Soundwave looked fine, but not something I felt compelling enough to put the money into the whole set. And again, it’s not like I don’t have enough versions or there aren’t more version on deck for HIM either.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Somehow Starscream looks like the winner of this line. As much as I'm sick of jet modes that don't hide the arms, the bar is so low that I can't deny that this is one of the better modern attempts. I like those little fins that ease the transition to the shoulders. It shows that at least the designer acknowledged the problem instead of totally giving up. I respect it. And I'm willing to cut it a lot more slack when the resulting robot mode looks this good.

I also don't dislike the battle damage. As much as I didn't like Siege battle damage, this works for me. I actively like it. I think it reminds of the asymmetry of Armada Decepticons.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I had my copies of these figures show up the other day, they are nice, thou not prefect, had some trouble with BB transformation due to a single panel that went into his back instead of being on top for robot mode, thou I figured it out with the help of a youtube video as instructions at times aren't very clear! The voyagers are the better figures overall, thou with OP, not sure why they made his gun handle so small on the peg, clearly a oversight, as for SS, the only problem I have, would be the cockpit part for robot mode, mainly with his head and the panel it sits upon, you got to push hard to get it to lock into place, so clearly not the most ideal bit of desgining for the character, OP Truck mode is definely saying I've been on Earth for a long time and had to upgrade my alt mode to better refect the times and where he fighting the secert battles against the Decepticons!

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
I am not too interested in most of these figures, but based on a few video reviews that I've watched, it seems like some effort went into their designs. I do like Starscream, and if he was available as a stand-alone release, I would probably buy him. As it is now though, I am going to have to pass.

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
Beescream pack arrived yesterday. They're both pretty good overall. They also both have a lot of frustrating points in their transformations where stuff fits in the place where it's supposed to end up but doesn't quite fit into every point along the path it needs to take to get there. On the plus side, in person I really like the "patchwork repairs" look.

The vehicle mode storage for Bumblebee's guns is in his forearms, which is cool because it's a pretty good place for them to store in robot mode too, although for that I'd want them to be a little more "in" and a little less "under." Unfortunately that calls attention to the fact that Starscream's guns go right next to his arms in vehicle mode but can't actually just stay attached to his forearms (unless you mistransform him I guess).

Starscream feels very Armada-y in altmode to the point that I'm confident someone designing him was thinking of Armada Starscream.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
There's no news. I'm just having a thought.

2020 was a big year for Quintessons. They got a push in Earthrise and Cyberverse. Coincidence, or a deliberate bit of brand unity? Meanwhile, they might have been the villains of this game. So I'm wondering, did Hasbro at some point think this game was going to come out in 2020? This game was apparently greenlit in 2017, so maybe Hasbro didn't know that isn't enough time to make a game anymore. And maybe the crooks at Leyou Technologies claimed they could do it that quickly.

I don't know. This game is never coming out, so I'm just looking for anything that could give us clues as to what they intended this game to be.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Wasn't there something that originally said that the mysterious aliens in this game were called the "Legion" instead of the Quintessons?

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
It'd be like a repeat of how we got four toys based on a TF: Prime MMO, but said game never/barely ever came out.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Which four toys are those again? It's hard to keep track of all the forgettable games in recent years.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Which four toys are those again? It's hard to keep track of all the forgettable games in recent years.
Deluxe Kup/Ironhide, Deluxe Rumble, Voyager Ultra Magnus (the original mold one, not the Optimus retool), and Voyager Thundertron.

Don't the toy's boxes mention a Quint invasion?
What I'm referring to is much older than when the toys were unveiled. Like, back when we got the very first footage of the game.

Top Bottom