Hasbro Pulse reveals HASLAB “War for Cybertron” Unicron!
For a time, Hasbro considered sparing our wretched little wallets. Now, we shall witness… their dismemberment.
Hasbro Pulse has just unveiled their latest HASLAB campaign: a fan-funded project that will result in the creation of the uncreator, the Chaos-Bringer himself, “War for Cybertron” Unicron! This massive figure, set to be the NEW “biggest Transformer ever”, clocks in at 19 pounds in planet mode (with a 30-inch diameter), and the robot mode stands at 685.8 mm (past 27 inches) tall.
Unicron costs $574.99, and is set to ship sometime in early 2021. The project will commence once a minimum amount of 8,000 backers (maximum of 5 per transaction) send in their support by 11:59 PM EST, August 31, 2019. That may sound a bit daunting, but given what’s on offer, it’s not like Hasbro’s bargaining posture is dubious or anything…
Hasbro adds these details:
There are moments that define a collection. This is that moment.
The gigantic Unicron would be our largest converting Transformers figure ever created, taking the title from our previous record-holder, Fortress Maximus.
In his immense robot mode, this version of Unicron will be over 27-inches (685.8 mm) tall and has more than 50 points of articulation.
He converts into a terrifying planet mode that will be a stunning 30-inches (762.0 mm) in diameter. The planet mode features the iconic planet-eating jaws, geared to open so Unicron can devour unassuming worlds. The planet mode also features a series of posable planetary rings.
The massive planet mode sits on a custom stand (included) to support the approximate weight of 19lb of the Lord of Chaos.
This will be the most accurate Unicron figure ever created. Artists and designers from Takara Tomy and Hasbro reviewing various movie references and are working to capture little details and features of the relentless Chaos Bringer.
“And nothing! You belong to me…now.” – Unicron
- Cower in fear as you come face to face with the mighty Unicron in his intimidating robot mode, standing at over 27” tall.
- The legendary fiend moves methodically with more than 50 points of articulation.
- He sets his intimidating glare on his enemies with movable eyes.
- With his articulated fingers, he clutches the air menacingly and makes fists full of his infinite fury.
- He insults pitiful lesser beings through his articulated mouth and grins malevolently with his movable teeth.
- Convert and bring forth the terrifying planet mode of Unicron, a stunning 30” in diameter.
- His iconic planet-eating jaws are geared to open so the vicious Planet Eater can devour unassuming worlds.
- The Chaos Bringer’s imposing presence is amplified by his massive posable planetary rings.
- To support the substantial weight of the approximate 19-pound villainous planet, Unicron requires a custom stand.
- Do not be fooled. The premium detail and deco are, indeed, inspired by classic 1986 movie, but it is not, in fact, The Lord of Chaos himself.
The HASLAB project page also gives us a neat behind-the-scenes look at how the design for this iteration of the Chaos-Bringer evolved.
“But remember: we belong to him”, indeed. Let us know how you’re taking the news on the Allspark Discord server,
on the Allspark Forums
, and on the Allspark Facebook group
Latest posts by Michael Estipona (see all)