The Random YouTube Thread

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
The change I dislike about Youtube resently, is how its gone weird with the recomendations lay out, I look at it in Firefox and you have a row of just two, then a row of three, followed by another row of two, I'm like: "Why?" Its pointless, at least on my PC, on my phone is normal lay out, I think the people at Google, are trying to fix a problem that never existed in the first place!

Anyway, on my recomenations yesterday, I had a clip from a great movie:

Tm_Silverclaw

Citizen
I mean they regularly put the fact-checking disclaimers on videos that debunk conspiracy theories, and on anything that mentions vaccines or climate change in any context (including the climate millions of years ago in paleontology or geology videos).

ALSO, there is no way to do the "Stop Recommending this channel" when you are on the TV app. And I almost exclusively use the TV app.

Sjogre

Citizen
The change I dislike about Youtube resently, is how its gone weird with the recomendations lay out, I look at it in Firefox and you have a row of just two, then a row of three, followed by another row of two, I'm like: "Why?" Its pointless, at least on my PC, on my phone is normal lay out, I think the people at Google, are trying to fix a problem that never existed in the first place!
Hmn. What's your ad block doing? In Vivaldi, there's generally an ad every other row, so it sounds like your ad block settings are blocking the ads without putting anything in their place.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Hmn. What's your ad block doing? In Vivaldi, there's generally an ad every other row, so it sounds like your ad block settings are blocking the ads without putting anything in their place.

Blocker, doing its job, I guess, I just not noticed as its a extention on Firefox that you can DL, also have one for the actual video playing, makes it so much easier to enjoy the videos without a advert popping up, every so offen, thou I don't have anything on my phone for that

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I don't use Fire Fox on my phone in general, I tend not to clutter it with worthless apps, I have only one game on my phone and that is just solitaire and I play it when I got a few min to spare before I start work and I not put any music on it, YET, its normally before I go to sleep I have a Youtube video on, thou at times I might have one playing while doing something else on my PC, if it doesn't require me to pay attention to the screen and I can just listen to it while playing a game off my PC, thou I sometimes also just have videos playing in the background while I play my game on the PC

DefaultOption

Sourball
Citizen
Firefox on mobile can run Ublock Origin, if you don't care about using their app.
*Android only. Firefox on iOS can't use extensions because, per Apple's rules, it's just a reskin of Safari. Which does have a built-in ad blocker, but it's no uBlock.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Good a place as any to ask, I guess.

Anyone able to recommend any good ways to download YouTube videos? The sites I've been using seem to have broken down or gone kaput or something.

I still play any videos I download so the creators can get the ad revenue, but late at night and while I'm eating, I don't like having to deal with the constant interruptions, and occasionally there's a video I want to hang on to for safe keeping (just in case), so on occasion I like to download.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I believe Opera GX has a built in video downloader. Just right click on the video and choose save video.
Hm, I'll give that a look.

I found a program that was working well, until it decided to stop opening just now...

Does the Opera GX thing do 1080? That's my main hangup.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Well, I rebooted the computer, and the program is working again, but I'm just leaving it up this time.

Top Bottom