The Original Gobots returning to TV

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Weigel Broadcasting, the operators of the MeTV family of broadcast channels, is adding a new one this summer called MeTV Toons. MeTV is partnering with WB Discovery for a bulk of the content, but will be acquiring content from sources like Universal (which includes the Classic Media library) and Sony (UPA and Columbia content). Voice Actor Bob Bergman (Porky Pig) will be the lead announcer. Launch date is June 25.

The initial web page is up, and among the usual Warner/Hanna Barbera classics, you can spot several unusual faces cycle in, including:
Cary Mahoney (Police Academy Animated Series)
The Mask (Mask Animated Series)
Papa Smurf (The Smurfs)
Quicksilver (Silverhawks)
Captain Planet
Mr T (!)
Freakazoid
Omi (Shoalin Showdown)
Beetlejuice (Beetlejuice animated series)
Marine Boy (From the Marine Boy Anime series)
And, the reason I’m posting here, Leader 1, from Hanna Barbera’s original 80s Gobot cartoon

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Very exciting news! I get MeTV over-the-air, so I'm hoping this will also be broadcast that way. I wish it was available on my cable or one of the streaming services I already have, as then I could watch it more at my leisure (I love Svengoolie, but I miss a lot of episodes as Saturday nights tend to be busy) or DVR it.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I'll need to see a TV schedule before I get any excitement about this.

We no longer have cable since we weren't watching it much anymore after getting several streaming services, but we do still have over-the-air antenna television. But, without a cable box, DVRing isn't an option for me. So I'd only be able to watch anything on this channel by having to catch it in real-time.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Very exciting news! I get MeTV over-the-air, so I'm hoping this will also be broadcast that way.
According to the press release announcing it, it's going to available in like million ways: over-the-air, on cable/satellite, free streaming services (like Tubi and Pluto TV), etc.

They want this damn thing to be available to anyone regardless of how they watch TV.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
According to the press release announcing it, it's going to available in like million ways: over-the-air, on cable/satellite, free streaming services (like Tubi and Pluto TV), etc.

They want this damn thing to be available to anyone regardless of how they watch TV.

Nice! Looks like they are doing their best to bring classic cartoons back to everyone. Very exciting stuff.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Nice! I have all the Gobots DVDs that got released, but I like that others have the option to watch it again! Im interested in seeing what else they add to the lineup; MeTV has some pretty cool offerings, so a toon version seems like it might be right up my alley.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I guess if I really want to recapture the feeling of watching Gobots in my childhood, I need to find a black and white tv. As a kid, we had the good, color tv in the family room and the old b/w one in the little play room. My sisters outnumbered me 3:1, so they got to watch My Little Pony on the color television while I had to watch Gobots in the playroom.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I guess if I really want to recapture the feeling of watching Gobots in my childhood, I need to find a black and white tv. As a kid, we had the good, color tv in the family room and the old b/w one in the little play room. My sisters outnumbered me 3:1, so they got to watch My Little Pony on the color television while I had to watch Gobots in the playroom.
You might be able to adjust your TV's color settings

Top Bottom