Tell Your Tale Discussion Thread-Salute Our Shorts

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen

And we're back!

We've got new outfits.

It's going to be some kind of talent show.

Why?

To be fair, twirling a baton with hooves is mysterious and impressive even if he dropped it.

Blink and you miss it, but Sparky embraces the chaos. He doesn't know what everyone is excited about but he's trying to play along.

This critic fears Posey.

We can all finally stop making fun of Twilight's dancing.

Rude. But apparently effective.

Pipp has a new hat.

I don't like G5 music.

The moral is going to be "Don't ruin your show to impress the critics." TYT has been well received so I'm not sure this is a case of the writers venting.

Oh no. Pipp is sad.

This really wasn't a much of a show even if it had gone well.

Izzy's been flying this whole time.

V2 of this show is an improvement but still nothing exciting.

Okay, you got me.

What the hug? XD

This show is weird.

Videomaster21XX

This is how a unicorn comments
Citizen
I almost thought we didn't get one today. I got no notification from my youtube about it.

"Nine minutes and fifty eight seconds till show time!" Misty don't do that.

I went back and tried to see if you get any clue/hint about that end reveal but doesn't look like it. Good thing no on tried to sit there. I'd ask how you'd miss the face but well it honestly wouldn't surprise me.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Even the crab gets beauty treatments!

*Crab smacks Pipp* The Prophecy was TRUE! McSnipsalot really IS evil!

Hitch's father/son dance practice is going about as well as you'd expect.

To be fair to the crab, I guess I'd be...crabby...too if someone used me as a glass/noise maker.

The Winter Wonder Show! Which involves...elves, I guess?

So...this is just a talent contest?

She was NOT the true inheritor of the magic of Kindness. Also...I guess she's Minty's descendant?

Rufus you already HAVE a talent! You're a magician, remember?

Dahlia's still has her way with plants, I see.

Okay, I mean, Rocky was probably doing the best that we've seen so far. I guess that's the reason he's the only non-Mane in this show.

A...critic? For a talent/variety show?

Posey will have NONE of this critic's sass! Posey just instantly dislikes this guy for some reason.

You know that Ice Cream Cone Unicorn always stands out in the crowd. I know it was a result of some fan-creation contest, but it does always get my attention.

Ah, the good ol' pie in the face! Always a crowd-pleaser.

Apparently, instead of Santa, there's a DIFFERENT elf that delivers presents on rooftops in Equestria.

Not the bouncy ball! ANYTHING but the bouncy ball!

To be fair, making snowflakes on a table that's almost impossible for the audiecne to see IS kind of a bad idea for a skit.

He doesn't even like Pipp's concert!? This guy's just a hater.

Heh. Sparky's screaming face is pretty great. Really channeling that Macaulay Culkin energy.

Posey's fun day out is RUINED by being covered in another person's trash...Posey's rage is justified count: 1.

Yeah, it's nice of her friends to cover for her, but this really was Sunny mostly panicking and making things worse this time.

Okay, you know what? They're actually using all of Sunny's props really well, here. Maybe Sunny was onto something, after all!

Posey keeps looking over at the critic. What's going on here? Does Posey...have a little crush?

You know, I halfway expected he WASN'T the critic. But that he was just doodling...and then threw all those doodles onto Posey...oh that poor girl.

You know, they have TERRIBLE security, since this Doodler can just walk in here.

Oh...Oh...Windy what are you doing?! Pretending to be a chair?! Who's chair...Oh...She was right next to Posey! Posey's had a really weird day. Windy's either committed, SHOULD be "committed", or REALLY kinky! I mean...I guess no one was sitting on her, at least? I guess we should've expected SOMETHING like this for episode 69.

And...wait...did Posey think the Doodler was stealing her popcorn, but it was actually Windy stealing her popcorn the whole time?! Is that why Posey kept giving him the side-eye all day? You know what? I'm counting this! Posey's rage is justified count...2!

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So...this is just a talent contest?
I don't know what this was. Maybe they didn't have a script so the audition process was "Are you good at anything? We'll incorporate it."

Dahlia's still has her way with plants, I see.
Poor earth ponies still get the worst magic.

You know that Ice Cream Cone Unicorn always stands out in the crowd. I know it was a result of some fan-creation contest, but it does always get my attention.
Whoever designed that unicorn has a sense of humor.

Apparently, instead of Santa, there's a DIFFERENT elf that delivers presents on rooftops in Equestria.
Santa's still broken.

He doesn't even like Pipp's concert!? This guy's just a hater.
I don't like G5 music either.

You know, they have TERRIBLE security, since this Doodler can just walk in here.
No one in Equestria is good at anything.

And...wait...did Posey think the Doodler was stealing her popcorn, but it was actually Windy stealing her popcorn the whole time?! Is that why Posey kept giving him the side-eye all day? You know what? I'm counting this! Posey's rage is justified count...2!
Looking closely, that guy totally sniffed Posey's popcorn. So yes. It appears this is what the episode was going for.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
No new episode today. But here's a Sunny.

450.gif

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
New episode!

And we're back to Starlight Ridge. TYT owns this plotline now.

Psyche.

Hey, TYT is actually doing something with the Canterlogic Studios concept.

Is this going to be a meta episode where they vent about the stresses of TV web production?

Sunny is a stickler for continuity details.

Oh. This is their way of recapping the special. I wasn't sure they'd bother, since we've been past it for a few episodes.

This is painful.

TYT:
Pathetic.png
"Your 44 minute special needed more drama for us to fill 5 minutes."

Poor Posey.

I was expecting the monster to be a giant spider.

They actually got a theatrical run.

This feels like Comet's introduction, but he's been in TYT already. Did some episodes get rearranged?

If events don't match up, one version is Pipp telling the story.

Videomaster21XX

Citizen
So this is apparently the last Tell your tale of season 1 and season 2 should start sometime in January, so maybe a week or two without an episode.

As for this one itself: Don't have much to add. Just love Misty in it. XD

Not sure this episode is real though guys. I mean Posey was GETTING ALONG WITH THEM. What sorta Twilight Zone thing is this?

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Posey was getting along because they promised her air time, and still had to string her from the rafters.

She did her research though, and pulled off the role.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Wow, episode 70. The end of the original episode order. I guess next episode is the technical start of "season 2", even though it kind of feels like "season 2" started with the Secrets of Starlight stuff.

Wow, this is a LOT more dramatic than in MYM. Full on hero moment!

...Oh, they're making a movie of their own adventure. Weird. But, they DO have that movie studio that they stole, they might as well use it.

Izzy that's the mike. Please don't cuddle with the mike. Oh, fine, but you have to stop when they need it!

Why is the mike so big, though? Or is the joke that these are *little* ponies?

Rufus seems concerned about the fake snowball in the background, for some reason.

"We're just jazzing it up!" I mean, Jazz IS right there, after all. It's only natural.

Pipp just can't help mugging for the camera. She IS more of a influencer than a actress, after all.

ZOMBIES! I wonder if they had to explain what zombies even ARE to the auroracorns? I mean, I doubt they get movies all the way out there.

Oh, Misty's bad acting is great. And Izzy's gone full southern belle on us.

Zom-ponies, even!

Blink and you'll miss it, Izzy with a donut in her mouth is pretty cute.

Oh, poor Posey. That costume doesn't do her any justice. I don't know if I can count this as her rage being justified, though. Posey brought this upon herself count...1.

Although, this harness being "itchy" does raise my eyebrow a bit. Could Posey be allergic to the bodypaint? Or did Izzy make the fake rabbit out of something from the garbage and Posey now has a few new "friends" crawling all over her body?

I wonder who Pipp borrowed Comet's armor from? Maybe something they just had lying around the castle. Right now Queen Haven is wondering where her favorite empty suit of armor has gone.

Posey's getting into this! She does have experience being the villain, after all. Posey just has a love for the theater, I guess. Rrrreally rrrrolling those "R"s.

I wonder how they did the special effect with the snowflake?

Just like in the real show, Hitch doesn't get to do much.

Never go against Sunny in a snowball fight. Girl doesn't know her own strength!

Misty's really using her arms to emote!

"There's ever SO MANY of them!" *SNERK* Okay....was this TYT giving a subtle dig at MYM's lack of crowd scenes? I don't know if they'd do that but...kind of deserved.

"Say hello to my SNOWY FRIEND!" Okay, guns are canon in My Little Pony, now. (Also, Scarface, I guess). Everyone make a note. Poor Posey. This one I'll count. Posey's rage is justified count...1. That snow gun is a hazard and proper care was NOT maintained on set! Oh, it's a crab....this is also a animal welfare violation, now!

No wonder Izzy doesn't trust the crab, though, he enjoyed the chaos a little too much.

Posey continues to be weak against the cold.

Aww, McSnipsalot offered Posey a towel! Maybe Posey DOES have a bit of Fluttershy's way with animals, after all.

Oh, a giant snow dragon would have been pretty neat! Poor Rufus wasted all his time making that. Rufus's rage is justified count...1.

Oh, and Posey gets hot chocolate, too? This is probably the LEAST amount of pain she's been in around the Manes!

I guess Pipp can just get movies released on her sheer celebririty cred? Then again, there's probably only about...2 movie theaters in this entire world. One in Maretime Bay and one in Zephyr Heights. So, maybe it's not that hard to get movies released?

"Do you think the REAL Allura will be in the sequel?" Well, there's a pretty good chance she'll end up getting reformed. Or she'll explode into a million pieces. Or get trapped all alone, motionless for centuries. It's really one of those three options in My Little Pony when you're a villain.

Not sure this episode is real though guys. I mean Posey was GETTING ALONG WITH THEM. What sorta Twilight Zone thing is this?
Yeah, Posey has really chilled out since her debut. I mean, according to one of the episodes, her best friend is Windy, a pegasus, for goodness sake! She's probably gotten the most character development of anyone in the show, even if it has been completely in the background.

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Wow, episode 70. The end of the original episode order. I guess next episode is the technical start of "season 2", even though it kind of feels like "season 2" started with the Secrets of Starlight stuff.

I think this episode and episode 68 got swapped. This episode feels like Comet's TYT introduction. Meanwhile his actual TYT debut, episode 68, ended with the reveal of TYT Allura. That could have been a good season finale cliffhanger. That episode also takes place weeks after the events of Secrets of Starlight. Not a problem if it were episode 70. Once again the in-universe chronology would totally fit the airdates. Instead that episode aired immediately after Secrets of Starlight, with nothing happening in the weeks-long in-universe gap.

The only thing that gives me pause is Sunny's behavior in episode 68. She's too stressed about Allura. It feels like she's been through a very recent ordeal. And to the viewer it was very recent. Immediately recent. So it feels right. The airdate order might be correct. Or if they were swapped, maybe Sunny's behavior is why they were swapped.

...Oh, they're making a movie of their own adventure. Weird. But, they DO have that movie studio that they stole, they might as well use it.

Poor Sprout.

I guess Pipp can just get movies released on her sheer celebririty cred? Then again, there's probably only about...2 movie theaters in this entire world. One in Maretime Bay and one in Zephyr Heights. So, maybe it's not that hard to get movies released?

Pipp is in the movie. I'd see it.

The movie is also an allegedly truthful account of a location Equestria didn't know about until now. I completely buy that ponies are excited about this.

Videomaster21XX

Citizen

New season! Gonna have to make sure I pay attention so I know if it's a new episode or not since the description is the only indication of it being season 2. The big 01 in the thumbnail is likely going to make me think I've seen it before at a glance.

Not much to say in a step by step run down. I do like that Misty and Izzy are playing jump rope with their 'inanimate' friends though.

Also enjoyed the run down of each of their cutie marks.

We'll see how this goes.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
NEW SEASON! That was actually a really tolerable hiatus. TYT shows other pony shows how it's done yet again.

New season, Still don't like G5 music.

Izzy and Misty bonding over their junk friends. See there is a unicorn tradition they both know.

Sparky has NOT aged up between seasons.

That slight animation bump when Zipp enters the forest.

Hey, this episode is going to have a plot. This seems like an obvious sign of Allura.

Zipp doesn't immediately suspect Allura. It could be a town destroying frost monster. This is MLP, so she might not be wrong.

Make sure you don't hit the 'Reply all' button. You know what? There did need to be a cartoon that finally teaches kids this junk instead of the stock 'stop littering' lessons cartoons have been doing since we were kids.

Zipp has recruited Sunny for this investigation, and Sunny is taking Zipp's concerns completely seriously. We've come so far.

ZIPP! You know people are going to abuse this screenshot.

It's the evil bunny!

Oh wow. They know we know it's Allura, so they're just going for it.

"We do nothing. MYM isn't feeding us plot threads anymore so we gotta make this one last."

And they're introdumping. It's a new season, so that's fair.

Hey it's IDW's OC.

Oh so they aren't exactly doing nothing about Allura yet. They're warning everyone, so everyone can prepare however they wish. This is already so very different from Opaline's arc.

I'm onboard for this new season. It's going to be fine. I'm not even bothered by Sunny's 'Let's see what she actually wants' approach. It's jarring at first, but it's refreshing now that I think about it. We know Allura's a villain, but this addresses a problem that's super common throughout fiction, where it's often unclear why we don't want the villain to win. A lot of the time we know it's going to be bad because because. We don't actually know what the villain is going to do if they win. Would daily life actually take a turn for the worse in any way? We don't know. Having Sunny openly admit we don't know what this villain actually wants is interesting.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Starting all over again at episode 1! Time sure does fly!

And we're starting with watching Zipp fly just like with MYM's first episode. I think that's on purpose.

SENIOR BUTTERSCOTCH! He survives for another season! AND MADAME TAFFYTAIL! This ship just might work out, after all! But, will she corrupt him with her evil ways? Oh, the drama!

Pipp, you're really milking this note. I love it!

Does the alicorn magic make the smoothies taste better? At least it's probably speeding up the process, I guess.

Hey! We're starting with the villainous plots, already, I guess. Allura's making herself at home, I see. She just wants a White Christmas! It's just not the same without a little bit of snow on the ground.

I'm surprised Zipp has that many contacts on her phone. I'd think it'd just be the Manes and that's it for her, but she's got the numbers of everyone in town in there.

Sending a e-mail is a lot more dramatic in Equestria. It's practically like setting off fireworks.

The Ponies remain as calm and collected as they ALWAYS are during a crisis, I see.

I mean, it MIGHT be better for the citizens to know about Allura NOW rather than in the last 3 episodes like with Opaline. At least then they won't be blindsided again.

EVIL BUNNY! Which, given Twitch and Angel might be redundant in this world. Bunnies might just be born bad in this world.

Huh, so Allura can just freeze stuff by walking around. I wonder how the Auroracorn's land is doing without her around? I wonder if her leaving actually disrupted their land's ecosystem?

Izzy doesn't seem to recognize Allura. She continues to have the object permanence of a newborn.

Sunny, there's forgiving and then there's stupid. Although, to be fair, it looked like all Twitch was doing was gathering fruit....and pillows...and a rubber ducky? Hey, Allura needs to bathe like the best of villains, yesssss.

...I guess we're reintroducing the characters and their motivations. Weird to do it in the middle of a episode, but it is a new season, so fair enough.

That wasn't even magic glitter, Izzy was just rolling around in a pile of scrapbooking-glitter earlier. As she does.

So, Sparky doesn't get a introduction that's all baby-talk?

Well, I guess if just introducing yourself could do all of THAT, I guess I'd introduce myself to people who already know me, too!

Okay, the show's just showing off it's new budget now. And it's working!

Hey! Violette Rainbow from the IDW comics gets a cameo! The comics...*snff*...ARE CANON!!!

And they even let everyone know that there IS a villain around, and that they SHOULD be careful! Character growth!

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen

New outfits.

Carnival.

No one questions what's happening to Misty or why. I guess that rainbow is just Hasbro's stylus. You're getting a Carnival outfit whether the writers have introduced it or not.

Twitcha twitch.

Check the size carefully before you buy clothes online, kids.

Still don't like G5 music.

The obvious solution would be to just sew a couple pieces into a smaller hat, but none of these characters know how to sew. Izzy just knows how to glue stuff together. So we get a Hatmobile.

Major error. If it's at the right height for Misty's head, Pipp should walk right under it.

The background is out of focus. TYT is trying to get fancy. It's not necessary and I'm not sure the effect works, but kudos for dreaming big.

Objects are still gravitationally attracted to Izzy's horn.

It's just a balloon, Posey.

Fruit fight. I want to know who's the jerk throwing whole pineapples.

Maretime Bay has apparently adopted a Bridlewood tradition and this group just never heard about it until now.

RIP Hatmobile. 1/18/2024-1/18/2024

"Nowah."

They couldn't have done this in the first place. Whatever they're doing.

This episode is absolute nonsense.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
I mean, not a bad skit... but they did that anime magical girl transformation sequence thing at the end again. I hope this isn't the season 2 gimmick.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Oh no, it's Pony Mardi Gras! Don't do anything you'll regret for beads, girls! Those videos can follow you your entire life!

Oh, Carnivale, instead of Mardi Gras. I'm not sure if that's better or worse?

"But I don't have anything to wear..." Oh, Misty. You don't know what kind of shenanigans you've just gotten yourself into.

The Rainbows have chosen her...she belongs to them now. Lucky. Why are they all acting like this is normal? This has never happened before!

I...guess the Brighthouse is just giving out free makeovers now since they did their little roll call power-up last episode? I'm guessing this is caused by the Unity Crystals getting to "level 2" as it were.

This why you shouldn't order Carnivale Crowns while you're hungry.

Well, at least Pipp will get all her vitamins from all that fruit. Might even help her grow!

You would think water bottles would be pretty inconvenient with hooves.

Well, now you just have to adjust it to Pipp's height. Although, it this thing fails, Pipp's going to be part of a VERY unbalanced breakfast.

Posey's balloon is popped. You all saw it. That balloon didn't do nuthin'! It was just innocently floating there minding it's own business. Posey's known that balloon all her life and now it's just GONE. Posey's rage is justified count: 1.

D'awww...the Pippsqueaks are all cosplaying as Pipp. That's adorable! And concerning! I hope they have interests outside of Pipp. "Wait, is that my ACTUAL hair?"

I guess the unicorns decided to bring part of THEIR holidays into this one? I mean, at least this fruit doesn't seem to be rotten. Yet.

You have no choice, you're going to have to EAT her free!

Turns out there WAS a choice.

Are we getting a roll call EVERY episode now?

Magic: the source of, and the solution to, every problem.

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I wonder if we're seeing relics of something they thought a future MYM story was going to introduce.

Top Bottom