Citizen
Ha I showed mom and she was like I need a new BB on my shelf
sigh looks like im buying both XD

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Question: What's the retail situation looking like over here for these things?

I've only seen Hasbro Pulse listings and overpriced Amazon reseller import listings, and I assume BBTS and the like have it, but has there been anything about brick-and-mortar retail?

I'd really like to get Optimus, but the more local it can be, the better. Particularly after the ZAP Astro Megazord fiasco; I'm not buying anything in triple-digits directly from Hasbro if I can help it.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
GameStop MIGHT carry one of the flavors, but that’s a definite “YMMV” situation. I don’t know if you have a local, independent, toy/collector shops available, those might be an option.

But a quick look at EE and BBTS showed them to be out of stock, and I guess Amazon is as well since it’s just resellers. The only affordable option I found WAS from Pulse. Might have to suck it up, but given this is a shared production run with TomyTakara, I’d be a bit more optimistic on the QC.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Yeah this is clearly a Takara-initiated thing that Hasbro is just importing because of the brand-unification, there is like 0 chance that these will show up at regular retailers outside Japan.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Preorders for Bumblebee and Cliffjumper are up at various places. I took the plunge on both but man, they are pricey. $80+ for the whole shooting match. My brain is still trying to work out how these two little dudes together are ten bucks more than Prime w/o his trailer. Oh well, I suppose it's the cost of doing business in 2024.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I do think the price is too high. But to be fair, the R&D costs for this line probably suck. Trying to match the shapes as closely as possible to the original toys is a whole layer of work they don't normally have to do.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I think it's a little high, but yes I think they probably have a lot of R&D behind them. And I think all that poseability requires a significant number of parts. And all the ones so far have die-cast parts and rubber tires. Those things add up.

-ZacWilliam, I would have preferred like $25 to $30 but I can do $40 at least to start.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I got Bumblebee. I don't plan on going crazy on this line, as much fun as it is, but I wanted to get at least one and BB seemed like a good entry point. Would have been happier at around $30, but that extra $10 won't break me.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
If they make their money back, it's not an issue. I could see it being a fun line to work on. Challenging, but interesting and fun.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Convoy was also one of the easiest designs they could have done. Takara has an opportunity to keep the wow factor going if they can pull off some harder designs.

Top Bottom