So let's Predict 2025's Generation Line

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
So pretty much the complete regular retail Generations toyline for 2024 (save the Commander and Titan figures) have now been leaked over at TFW. Not too surprising. Pretty good mix of Universe/Toys.

But that means it is, alas, too late to speculate or take bets over what we'll get (well except those last two slots where I'll guess one of them, not sure which, will be Tidal Wave).

So how about we play a guessing game for 2025?

Assuming Generations continues to follow the "Characters from lots of old Continuities" framework they have been and assuming roughly the same number of toys in each size class... what are your bets for who we'll get?

We can look back on this thread in a year when all of 2025 has leaked and see how many we got right and how many missed and still need toys...

(Puts on future predicting hat)
I'll guess/hope:

Core (7 in 2024)
Nightscream
Sari
Minicon Highwire
Minicon Sureshock
Minicon Grindor
Slog
Bristleback

Deluxe (14 in 2024)
Botanica
Pretender Roadblock
Pretender Waverider
Nightbeat
X-Brawn or RiD Prowl
Siren
Airachnid
RiD Slapper
Rescue Bots Blades
Nautica
An Omnibot
A Throttlebot
Armada Blurr
A Non-show Beast Wars character

Voyager (6)
Catilla
Carnivac
Hosehead
Beast Machines Jetstorm
Animated Longarm Prime/Shockwave

Leader (5)
Dinobot Paddles
Double Pretender Spider-Banditto
Beast Wars Rampage
Armada Jetfire
Cybertron Scourge

Commander
Super Fire Covoy!

Titan
Raiden

-ZacWilliam, I'll be curious if any of those predictions actually come to pass

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm hoping it's more like WFC and less like Legacy in that there's a strong, clear central direction that's supported by narrative media. Not that WFC's media was top notch by any means, but it'll feel more cohesive as a single line or trilogy and the intent being up front is appreciated.

Either way, it's likely to continue the formula of character choices being molds that are easy to wring at least one straight redeco/retool with a new head and at least one more involved retool from. Some in the main line, a big chunk for Buzzworthy, a big chunk for a Walmart capsule (those seem to have taken the place of Selects mostly), an Amazon capsule.

We'll come back to stuff that keeps crossing off items on the redo list, stuff that Prime Wars touched on that WFC didn't get around to improving on yet. Maybe Octane, Overlord, Windcharger, Powermasters, whatever.

I wonder if there'll be more Commander class torso combiners.

Maybe there'll be more Energon and Cybertron (I think some of the listings have started in those directions). RID Optimus sounds like a good bet, likely at Commander class.

The Armada momentum seems like it makes a good time for a Titan Class Tidal Wave, but who knows.

I hope we get some Beast Machines and RID2015.

The Phazer

Citizen
I think we might see a redone Titan G1 Metroplex before we see Grandus.

There have been some whisperings that Tidal Wave might be a Commander rather than a Titan so he can combine with Megatron.

Leader Octane.

I guess we'll get more core cassettes.

I think we might finally get Omnibots, and maybe some more Deluxe Insecticons.

LordGigaIce

words pain, funny man
Citizen
If I had to guess I'd say we get a Thunderclash by 2025. Probably as a Commander class option.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
I'm guessing Tidal Wave, G1 Prime, '86 Devastator and maybe Metroplex or Fortress Maximus will make up the commanders, titans and haslab for 2024, in some combination.

Beyond that, i don't want to speculate one specific figures since it can really be anything at this point. I do think the 2024 is goinged to be "United" and lead into an amalgamated "universe" trilogy starting in 2025 where they can continue to throw in whatever they feel like into the line. Basically no real changes. WfC kept surprising me, but Legacy so far has kept the exact same tone, but with some tweaks.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
I'm not sure that I could accurately predict what we're going to get, but I can try, and also talk about what I hope to see.

- I think that some represenation of Tidal Wave is inevitable. I would imagine that he'd be Commander Class at the very least.

- More Armada will probably happen. I like most of the series, so I am good with whoever they choose. But I would love to see Demolisher and Red Alert, especially.

- Super Fire Convoy, Powermaster Optimus, Regular Optimus, Overlord, and Tidal Wave would all be good bets for Commander Class.

- Another combiner update would be welcome. If they aren't doing Superion next, I'd say that or maybe Bruticus.

- There are many things that could work for HasLab, but I am hoping for some type of "do-over", like a better Fort Max, Metroplex, or maybe even an updated Devastator. CW/UW Devy is good, but I feel like he deserves another take with current articuation and more faithful individual modes.

- Beyond all of that, I would like some Beast Machines Vehicon love - especially a Leader Tankor. Beast Wars stuff will always get my attention, but I'd also like an updated / more faithful take on G1 Roadbuster.

That's it! Time will tell, but I am curious / excited to see where the brand goes next.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
If I had to guess I'd say we get a Thunderclash by 2025. Probably as a Commander class option.

We'd better.

//

I agree with Sciflyer's picks, as they seem to be logical next steps from the character selection we've got so far. Demolishor and Red Alert seem to be good candidates for Armada.

Commander Class is pretty much perfect for those designs, and the big names continue down the path Armada Prime started and make for good sellers. (I wish they'd held off on the Cybertron design rather than what we got in Siege.)

After Star Saber I half wonder about God Ginrai as a HasLab -- two main robots, some tiny partner pack-ins (Ginrai at least), blast effects -- but I really hope it doesn't come to that.

I think all the combiners are fair game after Hasbro did Cars Cars and More Cars oh and a Truck. Only Superion is about the same or even higher degree of repetitive, but I'd really like to see the Protectobots... if only to finally get a damn G2 Defensor.

I do like the idea of Tidal Wave more as a Commander Class figure than a Titan.

I would love to finally get a Voyager or Leader Tankor, but I'd also love a Jetstorm at that size. Give Tankor a geared spinning cannon and a Diagnostic Drone.

This era embraces completing teams and subgroups, so we'll likely see redecos and retools completing the Deluxe Insecticons, more minibots (especially those whose redeco/retool partners are already done), and other small teams at least started -- Omnibots, for one.

This is unlikely, especially since they're more likely to keep going with cassettes at Core class, but I'd really love for Micromasters and Battle Masters to come back.

Last edited:

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
Yeah, we're going to have to get the 6 Monstructor guys at some point as core class dino remolds... personally, I'm still holding out hope for a boxset at voyager price - or worst case scenario a buzz worthy 6 pack tru will charge me 75 cnd for >_>

other than that, a domestic release of the ruination combiner wars molds, the Rid build team, Strika and Obsidian. if you wanna get weird with those two, make them part of the Amazon sets and box them in pairs with repaints of some other toys to be them in their pre-vehicon bodies... that way the big box in that set can be tankor and rhinox ... hell give me a cryotech in that group while they're at it. pack him with a blue repaint of one of the rotb airazors too.

I can't think of much else right now

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
More fuckin G1 guys, some of whom we just got a couple years ago.
But now they're incrementally more similar to their cartoon models, so now they're Good as opposed to the slightly older ones which were Terrible, even though a couple years ago those ones were Good and it was the ones from 2014 that were Terrible, even though...

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
I think it's high time that we finally get an update of G1 Optimus Prime. I see that happening for the 2025 line.

In all seriousness though, there are at least some fairly recent modern-G1 figures that could stand a good refreshing (looking at you, PotP Windcharger), and some that still haven't gotten the modern, "G1 with knees" treatment.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
ITitan Grand Mal Megatron please.
I'd even settle for a Commander class if the ship mode was still as big as Sky Lynx's combined shuttle mode.

And that's likely how big such a toy would have been had it actually been made back in the Beast Machines days.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
Omni and Throttlebots.

Commander Tidal Wave

Leader Armada Jetfire

Leader Dia Atlas

More cassett bots

Computron getting the Stunticon treatment

Abominus getting the Stunticon treatment

Leader Broadside

MrBlud

Citizen
They will have released Menasor three separate times (Toon, Toy, G2) so another Combiner seems assured.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
They will have released Menasor three separate times (Toon, Toy, G2) so another Combiner seems assured.
Aside from the 2021 reissue, Hasbro hasn't done a new Devastator since 2015. Given their willingness to "play the long game", I could see them doing new and improved Voyagers of the Constructicons over the course of 3 years (2 per year)

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Hell, they're basically already that where I am.

The one thing for sure about the next line and all those afterward is, unless my work situation changes or I encounter a huge windfall, I'm going to be priced out of keeping up with it, perhaps down to almost zero during its run.

It's a rough time to be buying stuff.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
As I think about it, some of the issues I’m encountering is this:
What kind of gimmick would 2025 feature? It would have been 3 years (and 3 imprints) done, which, at least was, about the time for a new “trilogy theming”. That said, Legacy has been a big shift with each year being defined by imprints and not the ”hard resets” that characterized the Power of the Primes and War for Cybertron “brands”. However, Hasbro has let some other collector lines assortments run for years at a time before “rebooting” the assortment.
All of that has tangible impact on the broader line design and character selection.
So, I’m going with the theming element: Reformat. The name is meaningless given the context of the wider line direction, but it sounds good. My “gimmick” is going to be “Maximizers”. Think Fossilizers, but general mechanical animals instead of bones.

Core:
BW Grimlock (Dinobot repaint)
Cro (Raven Maximizer)
BM Thrust
Feline Maximizer
G1 Prowl
Sizzle (Core Hot Rod repaint)
Sunstorm (Core Starscream repaint)
Plus slot in package refreshes for Energon Galvatron, G1 Prime, and Shockwave

Deluxe:
Armada Blurr (retool Pointblank)
Elephant Maximizer
Owl Maximizer
Bear Maximizer
Rescue Bots Boulder (pre-tool for Targetmaster Scoop)
Transtech Cheetor (pre-tool for Animated Blurr)
G1 Freeway
Trailbreaker (package refresh)
RiD Steeljaw (pre-tool for Cybertron Overhaul)
Package refresh Animated Bumblebee
Cybertron Hardtop

Voyager:
Animated Megatron
Rescue Bots Heatwave (Inferno retool)
Transtech Starscream
BM Jetstorm (TT Starscream retool)
BM Obsidion (Animated Megatron retool)
Lio Convoy (refresh)

Leader:
Maximal Torca
BM Tankorr (potential retool into Stryka)
Optimal Optimus (potential repaint into Primal Prime)
Package refresh Armada Galvatron

Commander:
Powermaster Optimus Prime

Titan:
Grand Mal Megatron

Top Bottom