Citizen
The SH Figuarts are here!

6K3nKVm.png

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So, I've been thinking of the recent MMPR stuff, specifically the appearance of the Dino Megazord in Once & Always and such. And it got me wondering...

Do you think that in-universe, the Dinozords can still transform into the Thunderzords? Or do you think that maybe they would be separate Zords now?

If separate, that would be a LOT of Zords for one team -- 25, by my count. Has any other team had that many? I know that's the benefit of one team adapting three different Super Sentai, but still.

On the other hand, if the Dinozords and Thunderzords are still one in the same (barring Dragonzord, Tigerzord, Titanus, and Tor, of course), I would love to one day see the transformation happen while they're in Megazord mode. I'm just imagining the Dino Megazord holding up the Megs Power Sword like it does for a final strike, lightning hits it, and it changes into the Thunder Megazord.

Kind of like He-Man, in a way.

Hmm, speaking of... the thought of a MotU/MMPR crossover appeals to me. Looking at what TMNT has done with both properties, I wonder how that would shake out.

It would be worth it alone, just for Lord Zedd and Skeletor to play off each other.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
So, I've been thinking of the recent MMPR stuff, specifically the appearance of the Dino Megazord in Once & Always and such. And it got me wondering...

Do you think that in-universe, the Dinozords can still transform into the Thunderzords? Or do you think that maybe they would be separate Zords now?
Not sure. If I had to guess, I'd say that maybe they can't become the Thunderzords since these would be rebuilt "Version 2.0" Dinozords since the first ones were destroyed as the Thunderzords by Rito, and from what we've seen of them thus far, they seem to be able to get the job as the Dino Megazord. The in-universe need for them to become the Thunderzords was due to Zedd's first monster incapacitating them as the Dinozords, but I feel like if Zedd had originally sent down a different first monster without that ability instead, the Dino Megazord could have continued to do the job just fine (unless Zedd ever got around to summoning that specific monster eventually, which would then call for the Dinozords to become the Thunderzords). This is supported by the out-of-universe fact that the uncut Zyu2 zord fight footage that was used in early Season 2 still had the Dino Megazord destroying the monsters instead of the Thunder Megazord.

But who knows? Maybe the new Dino Megazord could still become the Thunder Megazord, or maybe a separate one was built like you suggested. If anything, the episode of Cosmic Fury where we see the Dino Megazord show up again with the Astro, Galaxy, Beast-X, and Ninja Blaze Megazords would have been the ideal moment to show off a new Thunder Megazord separate from the Dino Megazord, but alas,it was not to be.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Not sure. If I had to guess, I'd say that maybe they can't become the Thunderzords since these would be rebuilt "Version 2.0" Dinozords since the first ones were destroyed as the Thunderzords by Rito, and from what we've seen of them thus far, they seem to be able to get the job as the Dino Megazord. The in-universe need for them to become the Thunderzords was due to Zedd's first monster incapacitating them as the Dinozords, but I feel like if Zedd had originally sent down a different first monster without that ability instead, the Dino Megazord could have continued to do the job just fine (unless Zedd ever got around to summoning that specific monster eventually, which would then call for the Dinozords to become the Thunderzords). This is supported by the out-of-universe fact that the uncut Zyu2 zord fight footage that was used in early Season 2 still had the Dino Megazord destroying the monsters instead of the Thunder Megazord.

But who knows? Maybe the new Dino Megazord could still become the Thunder Megazord, or maybe a separate one was built like you suggested. If anything, the episode of Cosmic Fury where we see the Dino Megazord show up again with the Astro, Galaxy, Beast-X, and Ninja Blaze Megazords would have been the ideal moment to show off a new Thunder Megazord separate from the Dino Megazord, but alas,it was not to be.
I thought the incapacitation was a separate thing, since they had to undo the effects of the monster before they could turn them into Thunderzords, anyway.

Actually, I seem to recall being confused between what they said needed to happen and what actually happened...

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I thought the incapacitation was a separate thing, since they had to undo the effects of the monster before they could turn them into Thunderzords, anyway.

Actually, I seem to recall being confused between what they said needed to happen and what actually happened...
Well, here are the three episodes in question to double check their scenes for the relevant info:

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Thanks, but... I'm not sweating it that much, unless I get an abundance of free time soon.

wentwood

Citizen
I've watched MMPR - Super Ninja Steel on
DVD as I didn't have cable until Mystic Force.

I lost it mid through Samurai part 1.

So thanks to Shout and Lionsgate I was able to catch up.

I did stream Once And Always on You Tube as PR had uploaded it.

I saw Beast Morphers and Dino Fury on Netflix.

I have yet to watch the 10 part Cosmic Fury.

Screen format notes

The Shout Factory DVD sets are actually full screen.

I tested this with Lost And Found In Translation.

The aspect ratio on these is 1:33:1.

What was funny was Zyu - Deka.

Same aspect ratio as well for this.

Magi was the weird duck in this due to the fact Bouken was the first HD series.

I did see a few Magi episodes on DVD and these had been upscaled.

I wonder if this was the case with the Power Rangers episodes.

I do have a squared up TV.

The PR sets released in 2012 - 2014 BT W so I was curious.

Last edited:

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Nice... though you'd think they'd move on to Thunderzords for this one.

Or is it in-continuity with the Boom comics?

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
I'm pretty sure this is it's own continuity, not tied to the other comics.

And...given how Rita was trapped between dimensions by the end of the last miniseries, I think it's pretty safe to say some other characters will show up. And the article I linked to even mentions some....notable names. Don't read too deep if you don't want to be spoiled about who's showing up.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
My wife got me the Zord Ascension Project Astro Megazord for Christmas! =D

...it's missing the sword, the sword's box, and the instructions. =(

Yeah, only one of those things really stings, but I felt it was worth documenting the others, anyway.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
My wife got me the Zord Ascension Project Astro Megazord for Christmas! =D

...it's missing the sword, the sword's box, and the instructions. =(

Yeah, only one of those things really stings, but I felt it was worth documenting the others, anyway.
Be very careful with that figure as it's known to break very easily.

Top Bottom