Posting links to comments (at Discord) results in wrong text in "thumbnail" preview

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Whenever I post a link at Discord (or perhaps other sites/chat apps), the text in the preview is always for a previous/older post. This means that my links, although correct, might not be clicked on (as they appear to be the "wrong" one)?

Screenshot_20231010_084408_Samsung Internet.png

Original link:

- https://www.allspark.com/forums/threads/the-knock-off-transformers-thread.134/post-102038

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Looks like it just grabs the first post it sees at the top of the thread. Not sure if anything can be done about that.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Looks like it just grabs the first post it sees at the top of the thread. Not sure if anything can be done about that.
Thanks. Is this an issue with the Allspark or with Discord then? I might be wrong but I (possibly) saw this incident happening when I shared Allspark linkswith other social media/websites.

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
Pretty sure that's just how Discord is. You can wrap your links in pointed brackets (i.e. <link goes here>) and it'll disable the auto-thumbnail for that post if you'd rather have no thumbnail over an incorrect one.

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It might be the xenforo software. When I shared the link here it also quoted the first post. It's probably designed to just grab a page summary rather than drill down into where on the page it happens to scroll down to.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
It might be the xenforo software. When I shared the link here it also quoted the first post. It's probably designed to just grab a page summary rather than drill down into where on the page it happens to scroll down to.
Thanks. I've never seen this happen with other sites/links though. I feel that people believe I'm spamming with "random" links or I'm using the wrong link...

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Show me a forum link that goes to a specific post in a thread and not the first post on the page and I'll see if I can figure out how to do that

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Show me a forum link that goes to a specific post in a thread and not the first post on the page and I'll see if I can figure out how to do that
Hi, I've been trying to share the link below to both the "Navet Line" chat app and Discord. Although the link is fine, the (flavour text?) keeps showing the first post on they page, which might be putting people off clicking the link (as they think it's wrong).

This is the link.

Top Bottom