Ninja Turtles - Cowabunga!

MrBlud

Citizen
Unless it is…
IMG_3149.jpeg

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
So, I seem to remember once I was lamenting how there never seemed to be a human Baxter Stockman toy.

IMG_2498.jpeg

Okay, time for some honesty here. Raise your hand if you work for NECA and are viewing these boards for ideas.

IMG_3130.jpeg

Loyal Subjects? I know you're here too

Caldwin

Citizen
As long as we're making a wish list, how about: Jennika and Venus? Maybe a multi-pack with the weasels and Lita?

Caldwin

Citizen
Figured it was just a matter of time given how much they've been putting into the toys. I'm sure I'll check it out.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
I'm a little late to talking about this, but maybe better late than never? Just as a PSA.

Do you remember me mentioning that fan-continuation of the Archie Comic's Forever War arc? It might have been a few years since I last mentioned it. It's in no way "official". But, it does feature one of the artists from Archie's TMNT Adventures run trying to finish out this long-teased story.

Well, it's out now. People are getting their copies. It exists. And I'm pretty sure you can still get a copy.
And here's the discussion thread to prove, yes, it exists and people are reading it:

You have to contact someone through their hotmail account. And I believe the most "basic" hardcover version with all 5 issues costs around $100, so it's a little expensive for a fan-comic. And the comics are being printed in Russia, I believe, so it may take some time to get to you. But, they do exist. From what I can tell, they have no plans to release a digital edition, so if you want it you probably have to get it physical.
(This post was from a few years ago. Shipping costs might have bumped up to $20 from the previous $15 a few years ago..or more)

Just posting this in case anyone decides they want to add this to their collection before they run out. Who knows if they'll do another print run or not. This is just a indie fan-comic, eventually they're just going to stop having them available.

I'm probably not going to buy it myself. It's a little out of my price range. But, if you're interested, it's out there now.

Last edited:

Caldwin

Citizen
Bit out of my price range, which is why I didn't back it in the first place. Still, I'm sure there've been a lot of people who've been waiting for this. So I'm glad it finally happening.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yeah, I'm seriously torn. For the longest time, that was my favorite version of TMNT, and it still ranks highly. Probably influences my own work in some ways.

Man, why couldn't we have just gotten the damn official version? I don't even mean from Archie, I know that reason, but... something after.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Wow, that Forever War by Chris Allan being printed in Russia took... forever! Hehe

From the other forum link...

-First issue and 80% of the second issue was Dean Clarrain's original ideas and the last three issues were written by the organizer as extrapolated from the covers? Shucks.

-Who is this Chet person? I don't remember a Chet from the Archie comics.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
What you don't remember Chet? Good ol' Chet? Why, he's only one of the most important characters in TMNT history! Appearing in multiple versions of the story!
He's the kid who originally bought four baby turtles before he lost them down the sewer. He's the fishbowl kid.

...Hopefully, that's who it is. I haven't actually read the book, so they might be talking about someone else. But, that's probably who they're talking about.

Last edited:

Caldwin

Citizen
I often wondered what it would be like if the boy carrying the turtles that fateful day ever met up with them again.

----

In other news, I got the Baxter and Usagi earlier this week, but was out of town and couldn't do my normal pics. Raph just came from Amazon today in preparation for Alopex coming in the next week or so. The brothers should be here tomorrow.

IMG_3132.jpeg

We'll star off with Baxter.

IMG_3133.jpeg

The extra head doesn't really seem different enough for me to bother switching them out.

IMG_3134.jpeg

I seem to be getting quite the collection of mousers. But in any case , it's nice to finally have a Baxter in my collection that's not Jeff Goldblum.

IMG_3135.jpeg

I really love the artwork on these Usagi boxes.

IMG_3137.jpeg

he has lots of accessories, but unfortunately no scabbard or other storage for them.

IMG_3138.jpeg

My Usagi collection also seems to be getting larger than intended.

IMG_3140.jpeg

I forgot to take an in-package picture. Sorry bout that. Like I said, this is in preparation for Alopex coming soon. Plus I just wanted to support the IDW love so we may be able to get more in the future.

IMG_3141.jpeg

If I'm going to keep this as Alopex's love interest, grumpy may be preferable to rage.

IMG_3142.jpeg

I love that he has storage on the back so I can easily switch out between the sais and the tonfas.

BST AXN has really improved my opinion of them since that first Donny.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
What you don't remember Chet? Good ol' Chet? Why, he's only one of the most important characters in TMNT history! Appearing in multiple versions of the story!
He's the kid who originally bought four baby turtles before he lost them down the sewer. He's the fishbowl kid.

...Hopefully, that's who it is. I haven't actually read the book, so they might be talking about someone else. But, that's probably who they're talking about.
Ooooh. Well, he wasn't named in the Archie series, haha.

Btw, I remember reading or seeing a video about how the boy who originally owned the four turtles becoming a sanitation engineer and stumbling upon one of the turtles while checking sewer pipes. I think he felt closure, realizing the mutant turtle he saw was one of the pets he lost?

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen

kind of like FF's "Sid"?

LiamA

Citizen

I kind of like the name 'fishbowl kid' instead of giving him an actual name.

Caldwin

Citizen
These came from Amazon today.

Mikey
IMG_2500.jpeg

IMG_2501.jpeg

Leo
IMG_2502.jpeg

IMG_2503.jpeg

Donny
IMG_2504.jpeg

IMG_2505.jpeg

So all the turtles come with an angry and a not angry head. The storage works well enough for the main weapons, Raph can even switch between sais and tonfas. They all look extremely nice. Like, I don't feel like I even need to qualify that with "for the price." These just look really nice.

IMG_2506.jpeg

Here's my IDW collection So far. Alopex coming soon!

Top Bottom