Games you play over and over again

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Now what I'm NOT talking about are games that only take a couple hours to beat and so you've played them countless times. I MAY be talking about games wherr it gets re-released with almost every new system that comes along and you've played several times because of that (I'm looking at you, Ocarina of Time).

But what I'm REALLY talking about are games you play over and over again, maybe once a year, maybe more, maybe less. But you keep replaying them not because they're re-released, and not just once or twice, but over and over again just because.

Of course for me that's Mass Effect and you can read all about my obsession in that thread. But I want to hear about yours.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The Spyro trilogy. I haven't played it for a little while, but that's because I've run out of working controllers.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
I used to come back to BioShock and especially BioShock 2 over and over. Usually I'd come up with some kind of excuse, like "I want to adapt one of the levels into a Team Fortress 2 map so I need to get some inspiration" and "Ooh, they updated it so that it uses Steam instead of Games for Windows Live so now I have to earn all the achievements again" and "Ooh, I got the remaster for free so now I have to see what's different" and "I just got a Steam Controller; let's see how well I can play BioShock with it!" and "Oh hey, Proton, I wonder if my Linux box can run BioShock" (it could not).

Half-Life 2 has received similar treatment. But I mean, it's Half-Life 2. Ya gotta, you know?

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
When I was younger, I recall replaying FF4-FF7 and Chrono Trigger quite a lot. Not really counting older games where you die easily or that are really short.
These days, it's too hard to keep up with all the games. I have too much stuff on my backlog to replay things much. I'd rather have new/different experiences. Maybe I'll poke around on a New Game+, or revisit fave scenes if the game allows multiple save files.
I'm also trying to keep up with other media, and hobbies.

Haze Arquebus

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission were my go-tos for this back when I still had physical copies and hadn't upgraded away from the DSLite yet. Ought to see about re-acquiring them so I can have a go at that again sometime.

Top Bottom