Wizards of the Coast (WotC) Sending Pinkertons thugs to some guys house??

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Nah, if there's even the slightest chance of actually getting hurt, they're not going to risk it. That's how the real cops operate, and they're officially tasked with protecting and serving the public. Buncha rent-a-cops just there to collect a paycheck aren't going to be any braver.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Or they'd just bring more thugs and say they were "provoked".

That would be an exceedingly difficult case for them to argue. Their whole job is to be more intimidating than you, despite not having any actual privileges to do so.

They're like tech scammers, or corporate lawyers who say "Please sign this paper and/or accept this gift that waives your right to sue us." Their trick is to make you think you don't have any control over the situation when you do. They want you to be too intimidated to notice you can just say no to them.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
If they roll up and the guy answers the door with his shotty, I would guarantee the Pinkertons would turn and run. They'd be back with cops, but they'd run.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I learned a few rules for that kind of situation. Stay in your house, do not follow people, and call the police before they do.

Sunstorm

Super-Powered Zealot
Citizen
I first heard about this when Retroblasting covered it.

I'm confused as to why the Pinkerton agents didn't bring the police with them if they were recovering "Stolen Property". That would only make sense to me.

OldschoolMTG posted this last week, but since seems to still be pretty angry about the encounter, almost how one would feel after being publicly pushed around on the playground by the school bully. What REALLY angers me is his reference in the video to the apology for "making his wife cry so early in the morning". That tells me there was some serious progression of power happening from the Pinkerton agents. I really hope OSMTG has a Ring or security footage.

I have had some very magical times with my family because of Hasbro....and it didn't involve a deck of cards. However, this crosses a line and Hasbro doesn't seem to care. Infact, from OSMTG's video, it appears like they're treating the issue like he got a factory defect and they're just going to send him a "replacement of equal value". Not good enough in this situation....and as of two days ago, OSMTG doesn't feel so either. A Google search yields no official statement from Hasbro on the subject.

Different situations I realize,(and not trying to spark a debate, please), but in light of the recent news, it makes me wonder how they handled the "vendor" in this instance since they felt the need to apologize for this horrifying injustice:

It was brought to our attention that a graphic appears on one of our Transformers figures that, when translated from Cybertonian letters to English, spells out MAGA. We investigated the issue, and discovered that one of our vendors inserted this as part of the design without authorization. We are addressing this with the vendor.

We do not intend for our products to carry political messages, and apologize to anyone who was offended by this message.

I would absolutely love to sit down with OSMTG and his wife and hear the full story.

Rest In Peace MAGA Jazz vendor.

Top Bottom