Whatever happened to that Speedia Hot Rod?

Galvaplexia

Flamboyant Cuddles!!!
Citizen
Was it a “blink-and-you-missed-it” release? Has it not come out yet? Was it cancelled? I thought it was supposed to come out around the same time as Galaxy Shuttle and Scourge but never saw it anywhere except in promos.

Nevermore

Citizen
Hasbro addressed this in this interview:

Starts at the 1:24:49 mark.

The images were never supposed to be revealed, Hasbro wasn't even aware that there was a page up at the Walmart website.

As of February 7, the figure is not slated to come out from any retailer. It's not canceled, but there is no current plan for release.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
Same thing as the rest of the Speedia line, Wave 1 clogged the shelf. A few Wave 2 figures made it out (G2 Stunticon). Galaxy Shuttle got sent to Canada and England and kinda skipped the US. The rest that was rumored / leaked.....prob in a locked closet with the Takara Armada Prime.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I literally just picked up Galaxy Shuttle today from the one place in town that actually had it, a collector shop across town that had only one left and at roughly double the price of retail.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
He's cool. And I want him. But Im not paying double for him. I found a store that would ship from Canada, total would have been $100 ish shipped USD. Ive seen a lot on eBay too, mostly from the UK. Prices are in my range, but shipping is over the top.

Galvaplexia

Flamboyant Cuddles!!!
Citizen
I actually got Galaxy Shuttle ordered off the Walmart app of all things for retail price. Didn’t think anything of it.🤷🏻‍♀️😅 I also saw Hot Rod on the site too at the same time but figured it would clog shelves eventually or something and decided not to order it. Got GS and then read that comic about Rodimus cosplaying as Old Man Logan and decided I REALLY wanted that Hot Rod so went to look for one, and then got BerenSTEIN-Beared apparently while searching all over the interwebz for it.😳

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It is really disappointing that Speedia Hot Rod likely won’t appear. Galaxy Shuttle appearing in the UK the way he did still confuses me. Mostly because the first wave of Speedia figures was (other than being on UK Hasbro Pulse) was exclusive to Smyths toy stores. Yet Galaxy Shuttle turned up in many different places, but Not (I think) actually at Smyths stores. Crasher and Shadowstrip have not turned up anywhere over at all.

Wordt of it is, i actually prefer the Speedia Hot Rod deco over the Studio Series version.

Shadewing

Citizen
I'm glad I pre-ordered GS off of Walmart.com; though disapointed this Hot Rod never came out. But maybe they might find some place for him eventually.

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
If they hadn’t done quite a few Blurrs and Buzzworthy Kup repaint. Maybe they could have done a Targetmaster three pack for them?

Onyx

Citizen
So is Speedia cancelled and being replaced with the Toxitron unreleased G2 deco line? Was hoping to get the Hot Rod mold repainted/remolded as Speedbreaker/Sideburn.

Top Bottom