What stupid thing did the GOP say or do this time? Episode 3!

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen

He's been basically a Russian asset for a while now, why not just go open with it?

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I don't think this is about the Dominion suit, at least directly, for a few reasons. For one thing, see the above. Tucker brought in more money than the suit actually cost them. For another thing, Tucker told his audience at the time that Sidney Powell appeared to be full of shit, so if this was about Dominion claiming a scalp he's actually not the most obvious choice.

I think they know there's another lawsuit coming, in which Tucker will be much more obviously culpable. Probably several. The real problem for FOX after the settlement is that their "We're just entertainment, so it's not our fault if you take us seriously" shield has crumbled. They're not going to be able to get these suits tossed anymore. Whatever's coming next is going to hurt, and this is an attempt to get ahead of it because they can no longer stop it.

And that's just the civil suit side of things. I wouldn't be surprised if FOX's lawyers are still dealing with letters from the FBI asking "What else has Kevin McCarthy given Tucker and how long has he been doing this?"

Now I'm also wondering about that big Pentagon leak now. Given Tucker's stance on the Ukraine invasion, I wouldn't be surprised if FOX's lawyers are also dealing with letters from DOD asking if that leaker or any other has been giving Tucker anything. Even if the answer is no, that's a headache they'd rather not have to deal with. If a leaker were to give him information potentially damaging to Ukraine, we'd have to worry about what he'd do with it.

NovaSaber

Citizen

One quote from the book mentioning LGBTQ+ people reminds teachers that students come from all types of families: “Children from all families (e.g. single parent, grandparent-led, foster, LGBTQIA+) need to hear and see messages that promote equality, dignity, and worth.”

The book also reportedly asserts that “the early learning setting can be a place of affirmation and healing for children, or it can be a space of trauma, terror, and exclusion. Educators must work to ensure that it is the former.”

And to Ivey, this content is unacceptable and worthy of resignation.

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
FB friend:
Conservatives will try to shame you for being "easily offended", but the thing they're actually upset about is not you being offended. It's you judging them. They HATE being judged, which is why they're actually trying to outlaw certain judgements such as "racist", in places like Florida. You might even say that your judgements offend them.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
It was never about "all" anything. It's only about their own control. Everyone else can either convert or **** off and die.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
I honestly hope every teacher, in every classroom records and then sends to abbott on the first of mandatory prayer each and every individual one of them going "Ahkmed, would you care to lead us in prayer today?".

Top Bottom