What stupid thing did the GOP say or do this time? Episode 3!

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
I've observed over the years that Conservatives have an ingrained inability to take responsibility for anything. IT's like they can't admit their farts stink just like the rest of us.
It's basically them saying you can't be "too right-wing." They view the extreme version of their ideology as ultimate "freedom" (which is basically anarchy, but they don't understand that), thus it's not undesirable.

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
Mitch McConnell is stepping down as leader of the Senate Republicans.
Given how replacing the speaker of the House went for the Republicans, I look forward to seeing how badly replacing Mitch goes and how it will be the Democrats' fault... somehow...

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
On the other hand, if they start proceedings to impeach Bobo, it means they have to put proceedings to do anything about anything else on hold to do it. It'd be another great time waster to keep yelling about how Biden isn't getting anything done.

Ironbite4

Citizen
Bobert is already getting bounced out of Congress after she scampered off to a neighboring district after literally poisoning her old one for the GOP for a while to come. Don't need to waste impeachment time when you could be going after Biden for sneezing wrong.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Well, her kid; when pushed into a untenable situation involving family and money: turned to crime. I bet she'll just ******* steal or whore herself before onlyfans, if only because she doesn't understand it and doesn't want to.

NovaSaber

Citizen
Not the first day this week he's been the dumbest, either. When asked about the court decision that effectively bans IVF in Alabama, he didn't appear to even understand that that the decision affected IVF.
Despite it literally being from a case about IVF.

Pale Rider

Citizen
FB friend:
It's amazing how versatile the word "leftism" is, according to Trump supporters.

Do you think universal health-care is a good idea? You're a leftist.

Do you think basic income is a good idea? You're a leftist.

Do you support the idea of gun control? You're a leftist.

Do you dislike the practice of maiming refugees at the border with razor wire booby traps? Leftist.

Do you think global warming is real? Leftist.

Do you think racism is bad? Leftist.

Do you think women should have equal rights? Leftist.

Do you support book-learning and higher education? Leftist.

Do you oppose the practice of banning books which offend Christian conservatives? Leftist.

Do you think it's bad to blow up Gazan children? Leftist.

Do you agree with the US constitution's ban on "cruel and unusual punishment" for prison inmates? Leftist.

Do you think Joe Biden won the 2020 election? Total leftist.

Axaday

Citizen

Is she seriously going public with "You sometimes have to make a pledge in order to get what you want, but it doesn't mean anything"?

Edit - I mean, she shouldn't market to me because I was never going to vote for her in any case, but I would've respected her more if she hadn't made the pledge and done a counterevent like Trump and talked about how if he wasn't going to the debate there wasn't any point in her being there either. There really wasn't any point in having the debate at all, after all.

Last edited:

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Cowards: Ask her directly and call her out when she can't answer.

"When trump wins the republican nomination for president, will you endorse him" and then watch her flounder.

Pale Rider

Citizen
The only reason she's still running at all is because there's a chance he may be in jail before the election and she wants to be around to slide right into his spot. If that happens, she'll look pretty bad if she signals in any way that she was ever prepared to endorse him.

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
That's very optimistic of her if she thinks the Republican Party will drop Trump just because of a minor detail like him being in prison due to doing all the crimes.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
There are rumours circling that the RNC itself has asked her to keep going. Though I can't imagine that working out well for them: The cult won't vote for her, the indepedants they get back won't be enough over come the handicap, and by the time trump is finally getting hand cuffed: I doubt there will be time to schedule an actual debate between biden and halley.

I'm looking forward to the RNC being handed over to trump entirely. Let him kill it and achieve his slogan through killing the republican party and irony.

Axaday

Citizen
The only reason she's still running at all is because there's a chance he may be in jail before the election and she wants to be around to slide right into his spot.

That isn't how it works. The reason she is still running is that she still has donor money to pay for it.

But yeah.. She certainly IS hoping Trump gets sidelined and the runner up has to take the throne. That's the only hope any of them ever had.

If that happens, she'll look pretty bad if she signals in any way that she was ever prepared to endorse him.

I really don't think that's right. If he is genuinely sidelined, she needs her message to be that she would have supported him but just as she had expected he wasn't going to be able to take the job and that is why she prepared herself to pick up the pieces. I really don't know what she gets for saying she wouldn't back his run now. If that offends a never-Trumper, who are they going to vote for other than her? But on the other hand, she really would need his constituency to get behind her. A good candidate could beat Biden this time around, but to his good fortune a good candidate didn't show up. Trump might give him a tight run, but Nikki can't do the same without RedHats.

Top Bottom