What stupid thing did the GOP say or do this time? Episode 3!

Xaaron

Citizen
No, he can't. Not until he officially loses all his money. Public Defenders aren't literally free lawyers, they're for people who cannot afford them.

The American legal system has never really tested what would happen if a criminal Defendant can afford an attorney, but no one is willing to take the case.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
And trump will have no end of ambulance chasers breaking down his door, despite the lack of payment. The absolute worst of them will find steady employment on the likes of fox and newsmax.

Edit: once they finished ******* around in the courts doing what trump tells them to do. Not like they'll be lawyers afterwards anyway.

Axaday

Citizen
"hire another lawyer" would involve PAYING for another lawyer. Trump doesn't pay the ones he has (unless you count exposure.), and is a well known enough fraud that even the crappy ones aren't biting.

I don't believe the court should concern themselves with this. It is his responsibility to get representation. He is not required to have a lawyer if he would like to defend himself. Totally up to him. It is offensive that the court would be saying, "Well, they are awfully busy though"

He can always get a public defender.

You have to demonstrate financial need.

Axaday

Citizen
"hire another lawyer" would involve PAYING for another lawyer. Trump doesn't pay the ones he has (unless you count exposure.), and is a well known enough fraud that even the crappy ones aren't biting.
That nugget is outdated at best. He has super-PACs for paying his legal stuff and they've spend $37 million on it this year. His lawyers are getting paid. Michael Cohen sued him for not paying, but Trump only stopped paying when Cohen started cooperating with authorities against Trump. I'm not saying Trump wasn't wrong to do that, but he wasn't just being cheap. He was being vindictive.

The exposure that Trump's lawyers are getting is not the kind that one benefits from. Sidney Powell and Giuliani got bucket loads of exposure. Legal exposure.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
So apparently MAGA mike... has no bank accounts, and no assets.

He was a lawyer before government, his wife has tax records for two different jobs, they got a gaggle of kids... but no bank accounts, and no assets.

Time to demand an audit, I think.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
He has some sort of accounts, how else is he paying for that stupid app subscription. I guess MAYBE he only uses pre-paid debit cards or gets the google play/apple gift cards to pay for said subscription, but I highly doubt it.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
It's far more likely he's hiding his shit.

But hey, maybe not. Maybe he's just truly awful with money.

Either way: not someone who should be in the position he occupies.

Axaday

Citizen
Who is he trying to impress buying pre-paid cards to use online services? Who disapproves of having a bank account?

Top Bottom