What Movies Do You Guys Own?

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
You mean keep a whole list of every single movie I own online for anyone to see? Heavens no!

What?

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So nobody else uses Blu-ray.com to keep track of their discs?

I used to, but it honestly got a bit too much to keep up with especially after I sold a bunch of movies when I started having kids. Like I was 800+ blurays, and a lot of them I got because they were a few bucks at a clearance sale for one closing movie rental store or another. So I sold a few hundred for cheap, and put the rest into binders.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
🏴‍☠️
This is what I don't like about streaming - everything becoming rented instead of owned. It's convenient, and if you watch a lot of random stuff probably cheaper, but it also means that it can go away at any time. If you don't have a copy of the data on hardware within your possession(because the cloud is just a fancy word for "someone else's computer" and subject to the same weaknesses) you can't truly own that data for that exact reason. It doesn't need to be sold on physical media, you just need to be able to claim a DRM free copy for your own archives on your own hardware.

Though they'd never go for it because it wouldn't make them as much money probably, I think it'd be interesting to see a streaming model that matches ESO's subscription model. When you pay your monthly fee, you also get an equivalent amount of credit towards permanently purchasing something from the streaming library that you can then download and keep to your heart's content. it seems a fair compromise between the perpetual renting, and actually gettting to keep what you paid money for.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I've never had any kind of streaming account. My conscience is clear.

Ditto, this is why physical media is IMPORTANT, because studios can pretty much take away their films and TV shows at any point and give you the middle finger, because they got their money and they do not truly care about you!!

Videomaster21XX

This is how a unicorn comments
Citizen
Almost sent you a PM on this, but just in case someone else like me wants to make a list. That link takes me to an error page. How do I get there from the main page? I can't find anything that should lead me to such an area. Heck it took a bit for me to figure out just how to add movies to my collection in the first place.

I learned I'll have to add in my specific edition of Ready Player One. While I have the normal case, I also have a steelbook with the movie in 3D as I still have a 3D tv. That's not listed on that site either.

EDIT: Oh dag nabit. So you can change what country you are looking for movies from in the search bar. I just had to you know. ACTUALLY CHANGE IT TO THE COUNTRY I GOT THE MOVIE FROM. >_<

So now they are added.

2nd Edit: Looks like I still need to know how to do that. I've got a few DVDs that apparently are so unknown they aren't listed.

Last edited:

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Ditto, this is why physical media is IMPORTANT, because studios can pretty much take away their films and TV shows at any point and give you the middle finger, because they got their money and they do not truly care about you!!

Which is why more and more things are going digital.

Top Bottom