Warner Discovery shuttering Rooster Teeth

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
News has come that that WB/Discovery has opted to shutter Machinima pioneer, Rooster Teeth. Famous for Red vs Blue and RWBY, Rooster Teeth reportedly has been operating at a loss for years. Red vs Blue is doing its final season this year, but WB is looking to sell off assets like that show and RWBY
Rooster Teeth's podcast division will continue to operate until a buyer is found.

I know the company has lost relevance in the rise of streaming and live streaming and compromised by a number of controversies...but for those around in the early internet media days? They were a big deal, especially with Red vs Blue. RWBY became quite the franchise as well.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Never sell out to the corpos. That was rule #1. I have no sympathy for the creators who let greed get the better of them.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Never sell out to the corpos. That was rule #1. I have no sympathy for the creators who let greed get the better of them.
I mean, it was probably mostly the guys at the top who made that call.

I'm more sympathetic to those underneath.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Well, that's a shame. I know they've been getting a lot of bad press over the years, but I liked some of their stuff.

Hopefully, they'll find a way to end RWBY's story, somehow. It deserves some form of conclusion after all these years. I mean, they've kind of been stretching it out because it's probably their biggest franchise nowadays, but hopefully they can eventually do a mini-series or movie to wrap things up. Even if it's under a new owner.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
I mean, it was probably mostly the guys at the top who made that call.

I'm more sympathetic to those underneath.
No I mean they shouldn't have sold their studio to a megacorporation in the first place.

Stay indie, my friends.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I mean, agreed, but I don't think everyone at RT had equal say, and it's undoubtedly the guys at the bottom who got the worst out of the deal.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
My favorite thing to come out of them was the music. I haven't seen most of RWBY but I love their soundtracks.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
I had no idea Red vs. Blue was still going on. I assumed it died out around the same time Halo stopped mattering.

Top Bottom