Ummm…. WHAT THE EFF??!

Galvaplexia

Flamboyant Cuddles!!!
Citizen
https://www.vice.com/en/article/dy7...t-that-kills-the-user-if-they-die-in-the-game

How are they talking about this as if this is just a “meh” thing that’s ok? Maybe I’ve seen too many sci-fi post-apocalyptic dystopian movies, but am I the only one terrified at the implication of this existing? Like this being used to torture people imprisoned under false pretenses?

That, and the founder of Oculus has so little morals as to sell his shit to Facebook, and is a defense contractor on top of all that?

Scary times. 😳😬

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
At first I thought this had to be a joke, but this isn't exactly April fools. I mean, I'd have to think this kind of thing would be against the Geneva Convention, so I doubt any government would use it (or at least cop to it) considering the consequences if they get caught. And I can't imagine them being sold to the civilian population. Honestly, I can't imagine how this guy intends on getting back any money on this investment.

But yeah, you're right. Just the very fact that this exists now is just another dent in my faith in humanity.

Plutoniumboss

Citizen
This is performance art for publicity. He doesn't even have to put explosives in it, he just has to say he did.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Pretty much. One of those "doing something because you can, even if it's stupid" things.

Shadewing

Citizen
Well the problem is RIGHT there, if you tell someone to not do something; human nature tends to demand you **** around and find out.

Caldwin

Citizen
Please don't build Skynet.

Seriously, I'm begging you, don't build Skynet.

Look, I'm really trying to be nice here, but I really must insist that you don't build Skynet.

WHAT DID I HUGGING SAY????

NovaSaber

Citizen
“The good news is that we are halfway to making a true NerveGear. The bad news is that so far, I have only figured out the half that kills you,” Luckey said.
This is either a parody or a very dangerous idiot.
I'm not sure which, there's no shortage of either these days.

Caldwin

Citizen
Only makes sense that the part you've been working on the most is the one you figure out first.

Plutoniumboss

Citizen
Killing people is probably one of mankind's oldest technological forays, he didn't even have to figure out that part.

Shadewing

Citizen
Killing is the easy part, so of course it was figured out first. Not killing people is the hard part, Humanity still struggles with that without technology.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
. . . I thought it was a fairly smart bit of art myself. Almost as good as "Take the Money and Run".

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
Please don't build Skynet.

Seriously, I'm begging you, don't build Skynet.

Look, I'm really trying to be nice here, but I really must insist that you don't build Skynet.

WHAT DID I HUGGING SAY????
We may need to be a bit more general and a bit less specific on that point....

Caldwin

Citizen
Meh, Dark Fate was trash. They really needed to just stop after the second one.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
I liked Dark Fate. I think it's the best sequel they've had since 2, which remains a masterpiece.

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
There were only two Terminator movies. La la la I can't hear you.
...the first one and Salvation?

I mean, if I was forced to choose. Of course, then the re-use of Guns and Roses would make little sense....

But I liked Salvation, damnit. Even the part that shouldn't work at all -- John Connor with Batman's voice -- gives it a certain Narm Charm. 🙃

Top Bottom