Transformers: Rise of the Beasts

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Hasbro, basically, never marketed the $60 “Ultimate” Optimus Primal toy at all. All indications are this was a TakaraTomy deal that Hasbro was courteous enough to offer to import through its “fan channel” partners. Reportedly, this figure runs around $40 in Japan, but I think Hasbro added a bit of an “import fee” on their pricing.
I don't think so. Although the original price is around 45 dollars in Japan, the equivalent price is around 60 dollars (as international products tend to be sold at the same amount of currency "units" in each country, like a videogame being sold for $60 in the US and £60 in the UK for example).

Also, if we ordered this figure from Amazon Japan or TT Mall, we'll get a bonus clear red Cheetor weaponiser (which can also be got from other shops after spending ¥5,000 or more, I think).

- https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/dp/B0..._3307840051_sccl_12/356-8290886-7165231?psc=1

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Here's another news story about the status of ROTB's relation to the overall live-action movie continuity:

In a nutshell, Steven Caple Jr. basically breaks it down how literally no one in charge of making these movies cares about making any kind of coherent continuity between films, all deeming continuity a non-priority.

Interviewer: In terms of the continuity of the franchise, are you worried about matching it up with the first Bay film, which suggests that Optimus has never been to earth before…

Caple Jr: …But now it’s kinda broken already. For me, I’m not like fully worried about it. There are things I would love to stay within that line, but at a certain point, we all know it, Bay has admitted it, I had certain conversations with him like, in terms of tracking the storyline by movie 3, 4 and 5 (5 specifically i would say), now it’s kinda like…

Interviewer: …they were freestyling it

Caple Jr: They were freestyling. Unicron is planet earth, it was things like that. Cool conceptually but that’s a lot to unravel and will we ever see Unicron? Cause now it’s Earth. Probably a reason why they stopped right there. So like, for me, I’m not worried about it, it’s about what’s best for the movie. For me, I have my classics. We got movie 1 with Sam witwicky, it’s a classic. Then we got 3, some of the best action I’ve seen in any movie, best Transformers battles, like it was really good. Those are the movies, they’re like stand-alones. For us, we just make sure about our story and if it tracks through each one [we make]. If we try to hold ourselves to what another storyline/ timeline was, we’d definitely be in trouble. Cause at a certain point, I don’t think anyone knew exactly where they were going with 4 and 5.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
50382__scaled_800.jpg

Retail Price: 300 JPY

Release Date: July 2023

The insignia (logo) of each faction that appears in the movie "Transformers / Beast Awakening" is a heavy die-cast ring. Designed like a college ring, you can feel like you are a member of Transformers just by wearing it. The main body size is about 2.6 x 2.9 cm.

The lineup is

"AUTOBOT"

"MAXIMAL"

"DECEPTICON"

"PREDACON"

All 5 types of "TERRORCON".

And...

Image of Optimus Primal Hallmark Keepsake Ornament for Transformers Rise of the Beasts (15)__s...jpg

Retail Price: $19.99

Release Date: July 2023

Behind the calm eyes and gentle nature of Optimus Primal hides a power and fury that emerges when he converts to his thundering gorilla beast mode. Relive the action and adventure of the new movie "Transformers: Rise of the Beasts" with this Christmas tree ornament of the Maximal leader who unleashes his strength only when it's needed most—to protect the Maximals he leads and the humans who have helped him make this planet home.

• Additional Details: Artist crafted by Jake Angell. Plastic Christmas tree ornament.

• Includes: One 2023 Keepsake Ornament in gift box for easy gift giving, preservation and storage.

• Size Approx.: 3.31 x 4.09 x 3.79

Glitch

Citizen
Here's another news story about the status of ROTB's relation to the overall live-action movie continuity:

In a nutshell, Steven Caple Jr. basically breaks it down how literally no one in charge of making these movies cares about making any kind of coherent continuity between films, all deeming continuity a non-priority.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Questions like this keep popping up because they seem to keep hinting at continuing the old continuity or at least avoiding saying they're not (in an interview just before the final trailer hit, there was still talk of that). And I can understand waffling about it in 2018, but Bee's solo film gave us a nice fresh slate and won audiences back to and into the franchise, and there were enough differences from the previous five movies that we can just get on with our lives, rather than keep trying to keep those in the loop and invoking them like it's the goddamn Snyder cut. I don't know what's being preserved by still keeping that tenuous link there rather than just cutting the cord.

Just commit to calling it a soft reboot and move forward. By all indications, audiences been doing the latter well enough, and statements like this all but say the former, so just establish it and draw the line.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen

And that is the problem, without a story to bridge the films, they'll loose audiences, just look at Marvel & DC films, with Marvel, once End Game happened, everything story wise, fell apart and people just decided they had enough, while DC couldn't even keep their story straight due to excutives messing around and the worse case from what I am aware of, is the Flash, it went through the ringer of devlopment hell including three regime changes! If they can just plan out a basic story and keep to that story, they can bring in people, that how the MCU worked so well until after End Game, they had a basic idea of where they were going, but afterwards, they didn't, the Star Wars sequel trilogy, that should of had a plan, but in their rush to make money, they never planned a dam thing and let the directors do whatever the hell they wanted and the results are lower box office takes with each film in the trilogy, thus it shows the importance of having a basic plan for your story!

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
If it wasn't the Terrorcons' ship, I would read it as advanced technology based on tech salvaged from the Terrorcons and/or Cybertronians in general. The Joes clearly know they are up against technology beyond normal human devising, and have to be preparing for an eventual confrontation.

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
I did not assume that it had any significance beyond Clearly Not A Normal Earth Thing, Therefore These People Deal With That Kind Of Stuff.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I did not assume that it had any significance beyond Clearly Not A Normal Earth Thing, Therefore These People Deal With That Kind Of Stuff.
This is what I figured. "wtf is that? Oh, a weird spacecraft thing, quick way to push their scope beyond stock military stuff."

Glitch

Citizen
The Decepticons had a ship crashed on a moon of Saturn in Dark of the Moon implying they land or crash in....
what the hell happened to that ship? come on, this is exactly what we're bitching about.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Update. After a surprisingly decent weekend we've finally crossed $150 million domestic. ROTB was #7 for the weekend, actually up a rank from last week.

For this week's comparison, let's look at Ruby Gillman. It debuted in 3,400 theaters. This was its third weekend. It's down to 1,761 theaters and was 12th on the leader board. ROTB debuted in 3,678 theaters. This was its sixth weekend. It's down to 2,041 theaters and was 7th on the leader board.

ROTB may be a disappointment but theaters are still happily holding onto it while giving newer films the boot.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Has this video been posted yet?

My order of this toy being delivered shortly (2 hours to wait at time of writing).

I'm looking more forward to the clear red Cheetor weaponiser tbh...

Last edited:

Top Bottom