Transformers: Rise of the Beasts

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Adapting the comics into movies I think would work for Transformers if they make use of the best stories, all of the live action movies have been mostly their own thing, DOTM is kind of a very, very loose adaption of the Uiltimate Doom from G1 season 1, for a brand with such a rich mythos, nobody has thought to actually make use of it, but then given the state of writing in modern Hollywood, I would worry about them actually putting out a good entertaining product

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It gets frustrating because the movies are consistently packed with great concepts that seem like they never got developed past the brainstorming session and were simply filmed as is. Someone is trying and just never gets very far with it.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
It gets frustrating because the movies are consistently packed with great concepts that seem like they never got developed past the brainstorming session and were simply filmed as is. Someone is trying and just never gets very far with it.

At times I think some of the scripts are just rushed, of course, with ROTF they had no script to really start with because it was at the time of the writers strike, instead of delaying filming, Bay wrote his own garbage and filmed a bunch of stuff and then it was down to the writers upon returning after the strike was resolved to patch things up! AOE clearly became subject to the whims of the studio and Bay, like moving to China for filming, while TLK was at least three films worth of stuff crammed into one film, the whole medieval period setting with Transformers could make for a intersting film, of course, the Autobots in hiding in a junkyard could make for a great comedy, the Optimus prime in space would be a desent side story, if they were actually giving the Transformers space ships, that one of the worse parts of the live action films, they aren't exactly showing that the Transformers are super advanced aliens, exactly why would advanced alien robots with the abbilty to shape shit whose alt modes are ground based, travel through the stars without a ship, given the distances between planets & star systems, it would make more sense to have massive ships!

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
In-Hand Image of Studio Series Rise of the Beasts 98 Cheetor (47)__scaled_600.jpg

In-Hand Image of Studio Series Rise of the Beasts 98 Cheetor (35)__scaled_600.jpg

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I wonder if the writers strike is still affecting things. I wonder if someone at Paramount looked at Revenge of the Fallen, looked at what they'd made without a proper script, and instead of recoiling in horror said "Yo, we did it." I wonder if some producers decided that if writers want to be paid what they're worth, they'll be made worth less.

I wonder if these films never began with a finished script again.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I wonder if the writers strike is still affecting things. I wonder if someone at Paramount looked at Revenge of the Fallen, looked at what they'd made without a proper script, and instead of recoiling in horror said "Yo, we did it." I wonder if some producers decided that if writers want to be paid what they're worth, they'll be made worth less.

I wonder if these films never began with a finished script again.

I doult that but clearly those in charge of writing, don't know much about Transformers and hardly looked into its history and lore, I expect Lockdown was a Hasbro choice for the villian of AOE and I think possibly similar with the Fallen, thou I would like Hasbro to do a G1 comic verison of the Fallen as a toy, if Tran can get a mainline figure before the G1 verison of the Fallen, I don't see a reason not to give him a toy, the movie desgin is intersting but the comic look, just is kind of imposing looking, while the movie, is, just weird looking!

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
There was a G1 Fallen figure in the Titanium line. Even had panels with flame decos on them to simulate his being on fire.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
My SS Cheetor should be here this week, so I guess I'll be the one to snap a couple pics with Beast Machines Cheetor (though, mine IS a bit dusty..)

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Aside from the hilariously bad hands, it seems fine. Titanium often put a lot of effort into the hands, so I wonder what went wrong there.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Maybe all the little molded details ate up the figure's budget, as it does have a lot of really cool bits sculpted into it.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Maybe. It's covered in little cracks and scratches that today would just be painted on.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
There was a G1 Fallen figure in the Titanium line. Even had panels with flame decos on them to simulate his being on fire.

That was years ago and the Titaniums aren't known for their body movements, I have just four of those figures, both Megatrons, War Within Optimus & Rodimus prime, thou I would like a mainline War Within Optimus done, its such a great look to OP, looks like him, yet not truly looking like him, back when Seige was coming and it was said that they were doing a pre-earth look to the figures, I had hoped OP would look something similar to that or his IDW look, what we got was more of a let down as it played it safe, to safe if you ask me, even the seige leader class, just kind of disapointed me in terms of looks! Anyway, I really hope, we get a proper mainline G1 Fallen with all the modern standards of figures

Dake

Citizen
I remember Ti The Fallen just being a terrible figure. He and the Energon was it? combining Dinobots are the only TFs I've ever returned to the store...

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I remember Ti The Fallen just being a terrible figure. He and the Energon was it? combining Dinobots are the only TFs I've ever returned to the store...
The whole Titanium line was badly executed, but if I recall, both it and the equally bad Star Wars crossover TFs weren't handled by the Transformers division but instead by other ones, possibly with no input from Takara-Tomy?

Dake

Citizen
Yeah, though the limitations for the SW Tfs, came as much from Lucasfilm.

I still have my Ti Jetfire which was pretty cool, and WWi and Optimal Optimii weren't bad either. But i think Fallen was doubly disappointing because he came so late in the line when it seemed they were doing better.

Last edited:

Top Bottom